Matricidium

Matricidium

A Poem by Z.S.T.
"

An experimental naturalist/environmental poem about the detrimental effects of industrial human activity on our planet.

"

When the concrete pyramids rise from the womb of her eternal soul, her kindness shall be discarded and give way to sadness and anger. Only when the shadow of these giants has vanished forever will her kindness return, to enclose her children in the warmth of her plentiful bosom. Why would the early ones turn their hearts and minds away from their own yeast, the one whom made life possible, ignoring her plead for help? Raping her time and time again like an unknowing behemoth, thirst unquenchable. Indifferent to her pleads for relief, they shed 'nary the tear, never to show remorse or empathy to the unmendable wounds they have so maliciously brought forward. Those that fight for her well-being remain powerless, unable to come to her aid. Foolish are the kind that have taken from her, forgoing the thought that she could never be suppressed forever; she will reclaim that which rightfully belongs. The might of their steel and iron�" no match for her resilience and cunning. With the force of the great winds of timeless existence, she lashes out in retaliation, toppling all who dare stand in her path. Leaving a wake of earthen destruction�"what is hers has now been reclaimed; free from its foreign captors who wish harm upon her ancient face. Our mother weeps, hoping that her next born will be receptive of the gifts she will bestow upon them, living in harmony alongside her in eternal bliss.

© 2014 Z.S.T.


Author's Note

Z.S.T.
Any suggestions or criticism? I have submitted this for a few university sponsored writing competitions/journals and have usually been told that my writing is much too grim for their intended audience. Keep in mind, I'm no grammatical wizard and often like to intentionally bend the rules of grammar to create something unique (not much of that here, though).

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on June 20, 2014
Last Updated on June 20, 2014
Tags: Environmental, Naturalist, Mother Earth

Author

Z.S.T.
Z.S.T.

Laramie, WY



About
I an originally from the Appalachian region of Eastern Tennessee, but have since moved to Wyoming in order to continue my education; I am a Philosophy and Religious Studies major at the University of .. more..

Writing
Alias, Man Alias, Man

A Story by Z.S.T.


Crimson Dream Crimson Dream

A Poem by Z.S.T.