Truth Hidden, Revealed, Denied—Lost

Truth Hidden, Revealed, Denied—Lost

A Poem by Z.S.T.
"

This was written a few years ago when I was in my Freshman year of college. I usually don't enjoy giving descriptions of my writings and would rather hear the readers unguided thoughts.

"

I experience a great disdain for all that is mechanical�"material�"worldly. All that is not birthed from a natural composition of matter is no longer worthy of my sorrows or the slightest of my cares. The natural world has succumbed to mankind’s insatiable appetite for indulgence. Other worldly affairs have now taken the forefront in my mind, catapulting my conscience into a new sphere of existence. Omni-present familiarity of the nihilism and tyranny that is so loftily ingrained into society has become but a distant memory in the far reaches of a great void. The all-encompassing plague of loneliness has fallen over each of us, in a world so connected, yet, one so isolated from the loving grasps of our fellow man. A once coveted zeal for aspiration has fallen way to the destructive nature of sloth and apathy; so loathed by the fathers of yore. Souls of who were once considered the lost have now become the found; the present, the future. The true nature of man hath shown through, no longer to be clandestine; the once blinding veil that so coyly sheltered the true intention of annihilation has now been detached and pulled forth for all to see. Nearly all try to ignore its undeniable illumination, and remain willingly entranced by the false promise of grandeur. Perplexing is the conundrum which has no solution, the paradox without truth. Forgotten is love, in the absence of condition, and lost is humanity, in the essence of all.

Unbound by the constraints of society and of man; the delusion of power and wealth cease to survive inside him. He ventures endlessly, into the dark corners of the Earth; he roams as he seeks freedom from the corruption and hypocrisy of all he has known. Undaunted by his task he pushes forth, unwavering in the pursuit of truth. He searches incessantly for justice, only to realize it is but an illusion; nothing more than an apparition of the haunting reality that he refuses to accept. The burden of knowledge is too great to bear, O’ what it once was to have the untainted mind of an infant and to know not the hellish existence of man and his treacherous misdeeds. Hatred has been spewed forth from the annals of history like vast fires overflowing from the mouth of hell. Careless in his actions he hates with unrestrained eagerness and indiscrimination; destroying the foundation of righteousness and good. Laughter bellows from his depths as he mocks those who long for relief from the desolation that engulfs them. But one way may liberation be found from his mighty grasp. Truth… The truth and only the truth…The lies masquerading as false hope that have indoctrinated the soft minds must be cast out and exposed for their true nature; naked and exposed, they begin to erode the same as the men who have perpetrated them. Only then can the true identity of himself be revealed. Resembling a stranger who has been cloaked under the veil of darkness, he finally emerges from his cocoon and is thrust forth into the light for all to bear witness to. He�"is truth.

The realization that whom you thought was your ally was nothing more than a cunningly concealed masterpiece of hate; a geyser of vileness more imposing than the most destructive tools of man is a grave awareness that one does not wish to be acquainted with. The sudden epiphany that what you have always clung to, known, loved, embraced, is a lie; a lie of the grandest consequence that is too great to ignore. Escape�" the only option�" the only means to rid yourself of the harsh reality that has made itself evident. No escape�"escape is much too simple to fool the mind, for even though it does not remain within your sight it still remains the same; the same as it forever has; all-encompassing, ancient, unforgiving, sweeping. It was hidden, nude, yet, somehow lingered undetected. The careless slumber that has allowed the beast to reside has furthermore allowed it to envelop you; stagnantly dwelling, while ever so proficient at pervading into every orifice so as to appear no more unfitting than your own skin. How could this be? How could it be feasible for something the likes of which dare not be rivaled even by the darkest creature of hell be disregarded in such fashion? Denial, deceit, lies, greed, lust, power, wealth, fame, vanity, hate�"and yet, truth; something so pure as truth, something so celestial, was placed on trial, found guilty, condemned, executed�"lost.

To live without truth is to live without peace. To live without peace is to live without love. To live without love is not to live.

© 2014 Z.S.T.


Author's Note

Z.S.T.
Any thoughts on this piece? It has been collecting dust (digital dust) in my files for quite some time. I may feel the need to edit it after a fresh read-through.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on June 20, 2014
Last Updated on June 20, 2014
Tags: Truth, Lie, Naturalist, Environmental

Author

Z.S.T.
Z.S.T.

Laramie, WY



About
I an originally from the Appalachian region of Eastern Tennessee, but have since moved to Wyoming in order to continue my education; I am a Philosophy and Religious Studies major at the University of .. more..

Writing
Alias, Man Alias, Man

A Story by Z.S.T.


Crimson Dream Crimson Dream

A Poem by Z.S.T.