Kortni

Kortni

A Poem by Rev. Fr, S. D. Blankenship DDiv., PhD., MA.
"

A sad love song... :(

"

Hello Kortni, don't you think time sure has been good to you?

Me, I woke one morning said I couldn’t, said I am though.


You're looking so damn good, it's nice to know you could.

I still feel you in my heart, I love you in my mind, every part.


What's it been 5 long years? Girl, I've cried so many tears.

Thinking back on all the wasted times you never gave,


A simple love to what put me in my living grave.


Chor.


Wow, can it be, has it been, damn you're braking my heart again.

I've tried so hard but I just can't move on. Yes you win, and I sin.


I can't believe your son's so old. I myself have none to hold.

It burdens my mind, and fills my tearing eyes, just for you.


Girl I still can't think of us as though. I still love you!

My heart has preyed, for you to return each day.


Damned am I loves most feeble pray.



Hey there, Kortni, Can I ask?

Do you miss me even as?


I just don't want to move on, I'm so tired of holding on,

For you I've missed and you I've loved, my hearts braking I know.


Just let me know...


maybe love will find me, but you've already set me free.

Girl, what'd do? I still love you. My heart pines over you!


Chor.

© 2015 Rev. Fr, S. D. Blankenship DDiv., PhD., MA.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Unrequited love is one of the slowest deaths that I know of, taking into account the torment of speculation and watching as the one you love moves onwards with their life, constructing beauty while you still wait around in their shadow, wishing they'd only turn away from the light . . . You invoke the feeling of speculation well, I enjoyed this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think Kortni is with a muscular athlete now. To ask if she still pines for you is a real disappointment. You know what you need? A beer and a fat chick. They make you forget your troubles.

Just kidding!

Or am I

tank your

Posted 5 Years Ago


Since I'm not qualified enough to read a story, I searched for a poem so I can review it for You, I think Your words will be much better when the music will accompany with them, they have the beat, but I think the emotions will be more free with the music, that's my humble opinoin, I was thinking of Your (wow!) in Your chor and I was smiling, it added some sweetness and irony about this reality, nice touch I would say.

I hope You are taking my words in the good I mean them, and who knows, if I read it tomorrow I might change my opinion lol, Thank You for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sigh, yeah. I know this story, written it myself before. Yours is an interesting variation. Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The waiting game, only one plays it. The other getting on with it. Tragic to the one not moving on.
But we need the tragedy to write the poem.
Like it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is one on the emotional side. They pain that this person goes through is very tragic. It brought tears to my eyes as i read this, knowing that i can relate to it. that is very good you can get your readers to emotionally attach to your stories.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked the song. I need a country bar and a large glass of whiskey.
"maybe love will find me, but you've already set me free.
Girl, what'd do? I still love you. My heart pines over you!"
Those loving and leaving songs are needed when little is left in the cold night. Always a pleasure to read your work.
Coyote




Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think at different times, people wonder if old loves still think of us. If we even cross their minds. I love this. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved reading this, it's very well written. Fantastic job, keep up the good work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Unrequited love is one of the slowest deaths that I know of, taking into account the torment of speculation and watching as the one you love moves onwards with their life, constructing beauty while you still wait around in their shadow, wishing they'd only turn away from the light . . . You invoke the feeling of speculation well, I enjoyed this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1361 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 8, 2013
Last Updated on May 3, 2015
Tags: S. D. Blankenship, Ulisigi Wa Ya, Adult, Burned, Alive, Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Mystify, Kortni, Songs, Poem, Love, Heart Broken, Sad, tears, Fears

Author

Rev. Fr, S. D. Blankenship DDiv., PhD., MA.
Rev. Fr, S. D. Blankenship DDiv., PhD., MA.

Greenville, WV



About
[WARNING!] The syntax found in this manuscript of S. D. Blankenship's poetry could retain to disordered and/or psychopathic. Comprehend and examine at your own exposed thoughts. A number of words mig.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..