I Have A Pet Hamster and He Lives in the Junkyard

I Have A Pet Hamster and He Lives in the Junkyard

A Story by DarkestStoryline

A freshly painted car stood in the lot we were at, it was pretty out of place. It looked brand-spanking new. The lot we were in is was really a junkyard but we call it a lot. My name's not really important but I'll tell you what my friends Pablo and Trisha call me, which is Nancy. I mean that's my nickname and as I stated my actual name isn't important therefore it's not worth mentioning.
There were a lot of old car bits and pieces laying everywhere in the rusty junkyard. This place has no workers, it's just used to dump the types of cars that nobody really cares for. You know, the old ones that aren't fixer-uppers and are totally screwed up. Anyways the dirt here is only good for cacti, since this place is located in the scorching desert. Pablo, Trish and I enjoy walking here and hanging out here. We've been doing it since Freshman year and it's pretty much a tradition now.
"Look at that one, I think it just got here." I pointed to that freshly painted car I mentioned in the beginning. It had a nice coat of ocean-like blue paint, and the tires had that fresh-out-of-the-factory rubber smell. The windows were tinted black so the outside world can never know what it's being shielded from in the inside. I got up from the giant tire we were sitting on, we think it's from a monster truck or something. It took a while to get up on it.
My friends too got up and walked with me towards the mysterious car. "Why do you think it's been left out here to rot -er rust?" Trisha curiously said as she pulled on the handle. "Locked." she stated.
"Well if it's here we can break the window if you really want to get into it." I stated ignoring her question.
"I'll go look for something." Pablo walked off to find a brick or something. That's funny because there was a piece of metal that had a pipe-like shape. It could've easily broken the tinted glass of that fancy looking car.
"Seriously, why do you think it's out here?" She re-asked her question putting her hands on her hips.
"I don't know" I shrugged. "Who cares, let's see what's on the inside." I grabbed the pipe-like object and struck at the glass about twice to get it to break fully. The first hit just cracked it.
Peering on the inside of the vehicle we only saw nice, white leather seating. Nothing really much on the inside of it.
Pablo came back with a brick in one hand and a disappointed face. "Aw looks like the fun's already been done." He joked. He threw the brick at the back window anyways, shattering it and causing glass to scatter everywhere. I got cut on my cheek.
"Aaiieee!" I winced at the stinging sensation.
"My dearest apologies." Pablo jokingly bowed. He's acting like an a*s. Rolling my eyes, I unlock the car door and move all the glass on the seat out of the car with my pipe. Sitting in it, I check all the mirrors even though there's no keys. Guess it's a force of habit, which probably isn't a bad thing.
"Can we go somewhere else?" Trisha yawned with a bored expression. "Sure it's a nice car, but there's lots of other cools things."
"Yeah, why are you obsessed with this car?" Pablo asked, while checking out Trish for about the millionth time in his life.
"Perv." She folded her arms. He just shrugged. It was silent for about 30 seconds or something until some faint chirping or squeaking could be heard from the back seat. "Did you hear that?" Trish stretched her arms.
"Yeah, and I don't care. I'm gonna bail on you two and walk around to look for something cooler." Pablo replied and then walked away without looking for any reassurance.
"I'm gonna follow him." Trish looked a little frightened by the noise and probably didn't want to find out what it was.
Looking at the back seat, I see what I assumed to be blood. It wasn't dry or anything so of course it's fresh. Looking down I see a puddle of blood on the floor along with the brick above it. Lifting it, I see a crushed squirrel or rather what used to be a squirrel. Peering into it's eyes made my body shudder. It's lifeless eyes just pierced my soul. The dead expression it portrayed was of fear, poor little thing didn't know what was gonna happen to it.
"Wait, why is a squirrel in the desert?" I asked myself in a quiet voice for some reason. I continued staring into it's tiny, lifeless, black beady eyes. I felt nauseous, as if my stomach was being filled with rotted organs and my lungs were being drowned in sewer water. My vision was getting a little blurry and then minutes later they were even blurrier. Everything was spinning, my body felt as if it were twirling around in an everlasting spin. Drool was starting to leak from my lips and soon the drool felt as if it were becoming more foam-like. Tears were rolling down my eyes but I didn't feel depressed. I didn't feel any sorrow. The tears were slowly changing from clear to blood-red to neon green to icy blue. They just kept changing. (I only knew this because I think I stopped staring into the squirrel's eyes and then began staring at the rear view mirror or the side mirror.)
Getting out of the car, the dirt my feet stepped on looked as if it were getting wetter and wetters and more mud-like with each step. Soon I couldn't feel any sensation in my legs and I couldn't tell if I were still walking or not. My legs were trying to move, or were they moving and I didn't know it? The sky stopped and the yellow sun was peering down at me. I could hear laughter coming from inside my ears and out into the world. Were my ears speaking so my mouth could listen to me? I stared at my hands and my pale white skin was now melting off and furiously changing into the different colors of the rainbow as it slowly slid off onto the muddy dirt ground I was sinking deeper into. My muscle was showing and it too was being melted. No, it wasn't. Or wait, they're being sewn off. What's the opposite of sewn? The muscles were being ripped and I could see my green skeletal hands. My bones needed more calcium I guess. I stared at the pink fluffy clouds. I reached for one and it felt like sticky cotton candy. I licked it but it tasted of rare-medium steak. Or did it taste of a medium-rare burger? I stared onto the floor and saw my very own eyes crawl out of my skull and fall into the sinking ground. The sky looked like it was melting like the skin that melted off my hands.
Pablo was walking towards me but his skin was slowly peeling off, revealing a coat of fur. He looked very fluffy and cute but then he smiled and his teeth were literal razor blades. His eyes grew wider and wider, they were inflating. They soon popped and pieces of his eyes were everywhere. Then he tripped and shattered and broke into millions of glass, but they stopped scattering and all froze in time. Their pointy parts all began to shift towards me and all of the sudden I felt the impact of tiny sharp glass pierce the skin that remained on my torso.
Not being able to handle all of this anymore, my heart swam through my sewer-water filled lungs and jumped out of my mouth. He waved goodbye and I waved back. I fell onto my knees and my head looked up. Everything was shaking and spinning. Everything was going by fast. These bones of mine that used to be my hands just grabbed onto my neck. They tried strangling my neck with it just stretched like silly putty. I lay on the ground, wide-eyed. No wait, was I really wide-eyed? I mean they did crawl out of my skull. Whatever. All I could see now was darkness anyways. I could feel little pieces of glass dance on my remaining skin, but that's all I could do (feel). Then I heard chirping or squeaking. Then silence.

© 2015 DarkestStoryline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on August 21, 2015
Last Updated on August 21, 2015
Tags: strange, distorted reality, distortion, life, weird, trippy