Do not think.

Do not think.

A Story by Darknessmymuse.

Do not think. It only eats you up. Thoughts are like that fat glutton who eats fifty pizzas in one go. And even worse.. This fat glutton ain't friendly. He is a weird combination of a cocky jerk and a sweet fat friend. When happy, he eats you up happily but when sad.. He devours you. He thinks of you as prey. He needs you in order to sustain and you, like a blind fool will let him sustain. He is merciless, and you let him be. The worst part is when he comes along with his girlfriend, named feelings. Now this girl is someone worth bitching about. She is a hysterical, mean b***h who eats even more than her boyfriend. She starts with your common sense, then your heart and slowly every part of you... And yet somehow, your heart will still beat. She makes your nerves tingle, your pulse raise, your eyes hazy.. Her bite like a drug. She is a silent killer. She makes you feel so good..makes you feel like flying, and slowly, making sure you are unaware, leads you on to become desperate. When the time is ripe, she eats you painfully... Almost like a rat nibbling cheese- she takes tiny bites and each bite will hurt like a million needles pricking you at the same time. And she and her boyfriend, sitting in one corner, having eyes only for each other while they devour you - at one point of time will finish their meal.. Then without a goodbye, they will leave you. And when you look at whatever is left of you- you will see an empty, traumatized ghost of your past. A zombie living among the humans. And yet, you will do your best to camouflage with them, fake a smile, though you know deep inside, you are soulless.

© 2016 Darknessmymuse.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Jii,your description of the thoughts and feelings as a couple is way different and throws emphasis on their bond in grinding us slowly.
The way you describe how they make us 'soulless'is mind sticking and treat to learning minds like me.
The 'pizzas'on the top reminds me of your love for them..though it is thrown to describe negative thing here!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Darknessmymuse.

7 Years Ago

Thank u sooo much, G!!



Reviews

Jii,your description of the thoughts and feelings as a couple is way different and throws emphasis on their bond in grinding us slowly.
The way you describe how they make us 'soulless'is mind sticking and treat to learning minds like me.
The 'pizzas'on the top reminds me of your love for them..though it is thrown to describe negative thing here!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Darknessmymuse.

7 Years Ago

Thank u sooo much, G!!
oh! Those are horrible people. Parasites like this are not so easy to tolerate and they drain you energy while you keep your patience and entertain them. Very true description of uncomfortable situation. Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Darknessmymuse.

7 Years Ago

Thank you!
Your first few sentences had me reading on. Fifty pizzas - reminded me of an image in the movie Se7en. I like the way in which you write, its different and a unique way of telling. Your descriptives are all put to good use and makes the mind wonder.

The best part I liked - "a zombie living amont humans" - really good line - stuck in my head.

Good read, I like your work.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Darknessmymuse.

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!! :)
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

You're welcome.

Mark.
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
I liked how you made the girl like an addiction. I also like how you made it dark by making the narrator feel jealousy, or something similar. I like how you described thoughts, the descriptiveness probably deserved it's own paragraph though.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Darknessmymuse.

7 Years Ago

Thank you for ur review :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2016
Last Updated on November 13, 2016

Author

Darknessmymuse.
Darknessmymuse.

India



About
And I look at the stars and wonder if I'm looking at home... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dream. Dream.

A Poem by Kassidy.