I want her

I want her

A Screenplay by darlinscript
"

A teenager from a poor family background discovers she had a 'Double' from a rich home. she bares the same first name and saw name with the daughter of a rich senator...

"

I WANT HER!!!

Miss Jessica Uba receives the news of her admission into the university; she’s overwhelmed, but unfortunately gets involved in an accident that claims the life of a prince. She’s set on her heels; she has to run for her dear life and her newly secured admission�"with the parents of the diseased in hot pursuit. She finds her self in a favorable environment where everyone and everything seems friendly to her. Though from a wretched background, she refuses to succumb to inferiority complex, Instead she chooses to use what she has to get what she wants. She shares the same surname with a multimillionaire, Hon. Senator Arthur Uba, who incidentally has a daughter of her age.

She is the beauty queen of the neighborhood; every man wants her in his bed. For her attention and consent, friends and foes are killing each other… all this for a mistaken identity. She’s believed to be the daughter of the state minister for commerce  and industries�"yes, t’was a mistaken identity, she shares the same surname with the renowned billionaire as a matter of fact but… in fact she claims to be the extant daughter of the honorable minister.

She chooses to use her phony identity to siphon the purse of her preys… but there’s always a thin line between success and failure; there’s nothing hidden for so long under the sun.

Soon, another academic year begins; new students are admitted, including the real Miss Uba, the biological daughter of Hon. Chief Uba. Now, the mystery behind the doppelganger is on the verge of being unraveled. The funniest part of the situation is; the fake Miss Uba is yet to realize the presence of the real girl she’s been impersonating.

How’s she ever going to get out of this mess? How will the real Miss Uba react to this impersonation? What will be Hon. Uba’s reaction when he realizes someone has been masquerading as his daughter and tainting his name?

Certainly there’s a reward for every work�"good or bad, evil or divine.

Nevertheless, she’s all you can ever desire in a woman… everyone wants her, and me too, I think I’m beginning to, yes! I want her!!! I want her…  Scroll down

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Story plot.

Miss Jessica finds her self amidst favorable events; she becomes the most sot-after for the reason of a mistaken identity�"she’s being mistaken for the extant Miss Jessica Uba, the real daughter of a multi-billionaire.

On noticing the error, she decides to make a good yield out of it all. Fore mostly, she parades her self as the Miss Jessica Uba, as well as adopting a ‘dress-to-impress’, ‘shoulder-high’  measure. She catches the attention of the HOD of her department; some top lecturers also make advances, amidst the running-over number of the ‘guys’ on campus, also after her… the rich daughter of Hon. Senator Uba.

She reports to the office of the HOD department of mass communication, with her admission letter, introduces her self as Miss Uba, the HOD misinterprets her identity and takes her for Sen. Uba’s daughter, and resolves to establish his long time longed-for relationship with the Multi-billionaire. He offers to protect her interest in school extensively and intensively on the condition that she’ll link him to her supposed father; this condition she accepts.

The HOD introduces her to the student president of the departmental students’ association. On discovering her supposed identity, his lust for her father’s wealth is conceived like the others too�"he also decides to have her all to her self… they commence a round of hide-and-sick love affair.

Other up and doing men in the hood also starts indicating interest as well as fighting each other over her, setting the supposed Miss Uba a-pace, on an all important-can’t-do without position�"she begins feeling her self the most-wanted of all campus babes.

Soon the battle for ownership commences, the HOD begins a fight of supremacy with the other contingents. (Meanwhile, this fake Miss Uba has not only been faking her identity, but making cash profit from it as well) she would bill the sheep-head lecturers and happening guys for an anticipated appointment with her father, the Hon. Senator, which is never actualized.

Soon, her true personality is unleashed, as new students are being admitted, including the real Miss Uba, the senator’s daughter unknowing to her, (the fake Miss Uba).

  Co-incidentally, the whole truth about her is revealed, and she is arraigned to face retribution.

Now, the heat is kindled as the Hon. Sen. Himself indicates interest in the case; what could be the fate of this mysterious girl who seems to have stolen the heart of so many?

Let’s see!!!

 

I WANT HER

DARLINGTON CHUKWUNYERE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CAST LIST.

SHOLA.

 DRIVER.

DPO.

 PRINCE.

JESSICA.

1st OFFICER

DR. OSAKWE:

SIR P. 

BIG T.

OGE.

BULLET.

JESSIE.

DEVICE

JOE.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I WANT HER    EPISODE 2             M….. S…. S….                     DARLINGTON CHUKWUNYERE.

 

SCENE 1

SCHOOL HOSTEL, ROOM 307-GIRLS’ HOSTEL. JESSICA, HER ROOMMATES. JESSICA arrives with her luggage, her roommates misinterpret her identity.

SCENE 2

 MASS COMM. DEPARTMENT, OFFICE OF THE HOD. THE HOD, JESSICA. He discovers Jessica’s admission papers, and recognizes the surname. Orders JESSICA’S presence�"JESSICA subsequently enters, and owns up her supposed identity.

SCENE 3

SCHOOL HOSTEL, STUDENTS’ LAUNDRY QUARTERS. JESSICA, OGE, TWO OTHER GIRLS. JESSICA clashes with the girls as well as bragging about her ‘IDENTITY’

SCENE 4

MASS COMM. DEPT. OFFICE OF THE HOD. THE HOD, JESSICA’S V/O. He’s talking over the phone with JESSICA; he books a launch date with her.

SCENE 5

OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL PREMISES, INSIDE AN EATERY. JESSICA, THE HOD, (SOME CUT AWAY EXTRAS�"OBSERVING THE NEW GIRL) THE HOD proposes to meet JESSICA’S father through her. He offers to protect her interest in compensation to that effect.

SCENE 6

OFF CAMP PREMISES, ALONG THE STREET. JESSICA, BIG T (a notorious cultist). BIG T makes love advances at her which she bluntly and insolently turns down.

SCENE 7

OFF CAMP PREMISES, BIG T’s room. BIG T, HIS PAL. They resolve to kidnap her and ask for a ransom with regards to her parental background.

SCENE 8

SCHOOL HOSTEL, ROOM 307-GIRLS’ HOSTEL. JESSICA THE TWO LAUNDRY INCIDENT-GIRLS. The girls offer membership option to JESSICA, into their confraternity�"JESSICA goes wild with insults on them.

SCENE 9

SCHOOL HOSTEL, A PATH-WAY INTO THE PREMISES, JESSICA, BIG T, TWO OF BIG T’s GANG MEMBERS. JESSICA IS KIDNAPPED.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I WANT HER    EPISODE 3              M….. S…. S….                     DARLINGTON CHUKWUNYERE.

SCENE 1

SCHOOL HOSTEL, ROOM 307-GIRLS’ HOSTEL. JESSICA’s ROOMMATE THE TWO LAUNDRY INCIDENT-GIRLS. The girls, armed, barge into JESSICA’s room. They meet JESSICA’s roommate who reports JESSICA as been abducted by some un-known guys.

SCENE 2

AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING IN A BUSH, ROOM IN THE BUILDING. JESSICA, BIG T, BIG T’s GUYS. Jessica’s real identity is revealed as the truth is forced out of her while the guys pressured her to put her father on the phone.

SCENE 3

OFF CAMP. AN EATERY, JESSICA,BIG T. BIG T seals his deal with JESSICA; to make wealth from her faked identity and to split the profit 50/50 with him�"(BIG T’s BLACK MAIL)

SCENE 4

OFF CAMP PREMISES, ALONG THE STREET. JESSICA, JOE.  JOE makes love advances at her, but gets snubbed.

SCENE 5

SCHOOL HOSTEL, ROOM 307-GIRLS’ HOSTEL. JESSICA, HER ROOMMATE OGE. OGE informs her of the cult girls’ visit… she waves that away conceitedly.

SCENE 6

OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL PREMISES, INSIDE AN EATERY. JESSICA, JOE. JESSICA is alone as if waiting for a partner/someone, JOE meets her again, they start talking like friends…

SCENE 7

JOE’s HOUSE, LIVING ROOM. JOE, JESSICA. JOE proposes friendship to her, JESSICA differs her reply till further notice.

SCENE 8

OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL PREMISES, ALONG THE STREET. JOE, JESSICA, TWO OF BIG T’s boys. BIG T’s boys sight THEM BOTH together. NOTE: BIG T is head of a deadly cult while JOE is the GRAND COMMANDER of the SCHOOL SECURITY SERVICES (ANTI CULT)

SCENE 9 (DUAL)

OFF CAMP PREMISES, BIG T’s room. BIG T, HIS GUYS. The GUYS report seeing JESSICA WITH JOE�"BIG T makes a phone call to JESSICA.

SCENE 10 (A DUAL SCENE)

MASS COMM. DEPARTMENT, OFFICE OF THE HOD. THE HOD, JESSICA’s V/O. THE HOD DR. OSAKWE, asks JESSICA when he’ll be meeting her father… he’s grown impatient with her…

SCENE 11

OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL PREMISES, A RECREATION/SPORT CENTER. JESSICA, THE CULT GIRLS. The girls threaten JESSICA; they urge her to become one of them or face their wrath.

SCENE 12

AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING IN A BUSH, ROOM IN THE BUILDING. JESSICA, BIG T. JESSICA reports the girls’ threats to her.

SCENE 13

(A DUAL SCENE)

JESSICA’S VILLAGE, JESSICA’S FAMILY HOUSE�" SCHOOL HOSTEL, ROOM 307-GIRLS’ HOSTEL. JESSICA, OGE, JESSICA’S SISTER, PHONING FROM THE VILLAGE. JESSIKA is gisting OGE about her ‘rich-family-background’ her sister phones from the village just at the middle of her discourse, and informs her of her mother’s critical ill-health, JESSICA tries covering up the scene… and so on…

SCENE 14

ALONG THE STREET. JOE, BIG T AND HIS GANGEES. BIG T assaults JOE.

SCENE 15 & 16

MASS COMM. DEPARTMENT, OFFICE OF THE HOD. THE HOD, new students report to his office with their letters of admission�"a government vehicle drops a girl opposite the HOD’s office… she’s the real miss UBA.

 

 

 

 

I WANT HER    EPISODE 3               M….. S…. S….                     DARLINGTON CHUKWUNYERE.

 

SCENE 1

MASS COMM. DEPARTMENT, OFFICE OF THE HOD. THE HOD, MISS UBA. The HOD discovers JESSICA has been faking her identity.

SCENE 2

SCHOOL HOSTEL, ROOM 307-GIRLS’ HOSTEL. JESSICA. JESSICA is informed of the new girl (the real girl)

SCENE 3

THE POLICE STATION, OFFICE OF THE DPO.  THE HOD, DPO.  THE HOD reports the case.

SCENE 4

JOE’s HOUSE, LIVING ROOM. JOE, some security personnel. They plot a raid on BIG T and his men.

SCENE 5

AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING IN A BUSH, ROOM IN THE BUILDING. JESSICA, BIG T, BIG T’s GUYS, JOE AND HIS OFFICERS. BIG T is under attack,  JOE uncovers JESSIKA red-handed with BIG T.

SCENE 6

CAMPUS PREMISES, PHOTO STANDS, LECTURE HALLS. JESSICA’S NAME IS PASTED AS WANTED BY THE POLICE. HER ROOM MATES NOTICE.

SCENE 7

SCHOOL HOSTEL, ALONG THE CORRIDOR. JESSICA, WAKA PASS EXTRAS. JESSICA is trying to escape, her roommate blocks her on the way…

SCENE 8

A HOTEL, THE RECEPTION. JESSICA. Lodges In; her mood is hasty.

SCENE 9

SCHOOL HOSTEL, ROOM 307-GIRLS’ HOSTEL. POLICE storms in search of JESSICA.

SCENE 10

A HOTEL, THE BAR. JESSICA, JOE AND TWO OTHERS. The security guys sight JESSICA where she was drinking and she disappears tactfully.

SCENE 11

THE POLICE STATION, OFFICE OF THE DPO.  THE DPO, THE TWO OFFICERS IN CHARGE OF THE INVESTIGATION. THE DPO informs them on how serious the case has become as the senator himself has indicated interest in it�"the commissioner of police himself has also threatened to relieve the case off the DPO’s table if he fails to deliver. (“I want that girl in my nest by this time tomorrow?” “Yes sir”) the DPO reports.

SCENE 12

A HOTEL, A ROOM IN THE HOTEL. JESSICA. She receives a phone call from the village informing her of her mother’s death.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I WANT HER    EPISODE 4               M….. S…. S….                     DARLINGTON CHUKWUNYERE.

SCENE 1

THE VILLAGE, JESSICA’s house. JESSICA, POLICE OFFICERS. JESSICA is arrested.

SCENE 2

SENATOR’S OFFICE. HON SEN. He receives report of JESSICA’S arrest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I WANT HER             SHOOTING SCRIPT             DARLINGTON CHUKWUNYERE.

 

SCENE 1.

 

EXT. JESSICA’S VILLAGE, JESSICA’S FAMILY HOUSE. DAY.

LS… on JESSICA, as she runs into her compound with an envelope. She runs into the house and returns, ANGLE ON IFEOMA who’s approaching from the farm. JESSICA jumps up and down excitedly, IFEOMA becomes curious and demands to know what’s up.

IFEOMA:

Nne, what’s the matter with you this morning? What happened? (Looks at the envelope in JESSICA’s armpit) hmm, what’s that? Did you win jackpot?

JESSICA:

Ha, jackpot you say? Hmm, this one is more than jackpot o. just take a look… (She offers her the envelope.)

IFEOMA:

(Opening the envelope) what’s inside it? Hope it’s not a letter bom… (Reads the contents) wow! It’s a lie! (They both hug)

JESSICA:

I’m now a student of Lagos state university. Wooo

IFEOMA:

My dear I’m so proud of you. Bro Emeka must hear this.

 

 

JESSICA:

Yes! He even promised to take me shopping in the city if my jamb result turns impressive…

IFEOMA:

You don’t mean it? Wow. Come here girl I’m so happy for you. (They hug again) come, follow me! Let me show you something… (Both girls run inside jubilantly)

CUT.

SCENE 2.

EXT. JESSICA’S VILLAGE, A BUSH PATH. DUSK.

JESSICA is bearing a bundle of firewood, approaching from the farm and heading home. CAM… shows two legs trailing her steps, gradually, the footsteps approach nearer

LS… THE FIGURE IS REVEALED. The masked man pounces on JESSICA, attempting to rape her…

JESSICA:

Help! Help! Somebody help! (Whimpers) leave me alone! Leave me! Please don’t hurt me! (Grabs a nearby stick) leave me alone! (Hits the head of her attacker, he turns motionless instantly) hey! Hmm? (Taps him) are you okay? Why’ve you… please get up, please. I didn’t mean to hurt anyone please, I beg you in God’s name, stand. (Another guy surfaces… he’s a palace guard I suppose.)

GUARD:

My prince! My prince… (Glares at JESSICA) what have you done to my prince? What happened to him you witch! (feels his pulse again,) this can’t be happening, my prince wake up, wake up…

 

JESSICA:

What’s the matter with him?

GUARD:

Just pray nothing happens to my prince… (He feels the pulse again, this time, it appears like the prince is dead… he turns immediately to address JESSICA) come! You must… (But JESSICA was nowhere around; she’d disappeared) what! Where’s that girl? (Begins to run in pursuit of JESSICA)

FADEOUT…

SCENE 3.

 

EXT. JESSICA’S VILLAGE, JESSICA’S FAMILY HOUSE. DUSK.

IFEOMA is peeling some yam tubers, JESSICA comes panting, IFEOMA stops and rushes to her.

IFEOMA:

Nne, what’s the matter with you? What happened? Why are you running? (She helps her with the firewood)

JESSICA:

(Panting)The prince… the prince.

IFEOMA:

The prince? What’s the matter with him?

JESSICA:

He’s dead…

IFEOMA:

(Gasps and covers her mouth with her palm) what!

JESSICA:

He tried rapping me this evening!

IFEOMA:

(Confused) what are you talking about? The prince dead�"trying to rape you? How do you mean? Come on, talk to me, you’re scaring me.

JESSICA:

(Jittering) believe me sister, I didn’t mean to. It was only an error in self defense. I… (Footsteps, voices are heard roaring towards their direction) sister what do I do? They will kill me.

IFEOMA:

Run! Run! I’ll meet you there, any where… just run! (JESSICA runs)

CUT…

SCENE 4.

EXT. JESSICA’S VILLAGE, JESSICA’S FAMILY HOUSE. NIGHT.

Two palace guards storm the house in search of JESSICA. THEY meet IFEOMA who’s sitting by the fire place making dinner.

1st GUARD:

Where’s she! Where’s that witch? (Sights IFEOMA at the hearth stead) bia you! Come here! Where’s your sister? (IFEOMA is frightened, she hesitates) are you deaf? (Charges at her)

IFEOMA:

I don’t know o! She’s not returned from the farm since evening…

 

 

2nd GUARD:

Shut up! (Kicks over her pot of dinner) you must show us where your sister is or die in her stead!

IFEOMA:

Please what has she done? Why are…

1st GUARD:

(Pulls her along) you’ll know when you get to the palace!

IFEOMA:

(Whirling) please my sister has done nothing wrong! Leave me alone! Leave me alone! Leave me alone!

The guards drag her on… CAM fades into the darkness.

CUT TO.

SCENE 5.

EXT. FS…  ALONG THE ROAD. MORNING.

A speeding car hits JESSICA while she attempts crossing the road.

CU… the guy comes down, carries her into the car…

CUT TO…

SCENE 6.

INT. IN A BEDROOM. NEXT MORNING.

JESSICA sits, inspecting her body as if searching for bruises, and wondering where she is…. The door opens, and the guy who hit her comes in…

 

JESSICA:

(Noticing the guy’s presence) please where am I?  What happened to me?

GUY:

Woo! There she is… (Takes a deep breath) thank God you’re awake. (JESSICA tries withdrawing to the end of the bed as he closed in) oh, no, no my dear. Don’t be scared okay? You’re in safe hands. You just need a lot of rest right now…

JESSICA:

(calmly) where am I? (Looks searchingly over herself) what I am doing on your bed… where’re my clothes…

GUY:

Wow! Miss… well if you insist; you ran into me yesterday, I took you to the hospital�"thank God there was no serious injuries, and… I couldn’t lay hold on any contact information so the doctor advised that I take you home after confirming you okay. (Sits) you weren’t saying a thing to any one. It even got to point that I thought you were kind of, deaf or something, sorry…

JESSICA:

(Attempts rising, feels some body pains) ouch! My head hurts…

GUY:

So sorry dear, it’s entirely my fault. Don’t worry your self okay? Just relax your head and think about nothing. Thank God there’s life.

CUT TO…

SCENE 7.

EXT. JESSICA’S VILLAGE, A BUSH BEHIND THE PALACE. MORNING.

IFEOMA is tied to a stake, she appears so rough handled and bruised.

ANGLE ON IFEOMA who’s subbing. A GUARD enters

GUARD:

If your sister cares so much about you the way you do, she’d turned her self in. (angrily) where is your sister! Produce her or you’ll die here.

IFEOMA:

(Faintly) my sister is not a murderer.

GUARD:

(Slaps her) you still have guts in you huh?

CUT TO…

SCENE 8.

EXT. JESSICA’S VILLAGE, THE PALACE. MORNING.

The guard is addressing the king concerning JESSIKA’S issue.

GUARD:

(Prostrates) your highness… we still can’t find the girl…

KING:

What? You mean you idiots can not find the girl who wants to cripple my son?

GUARD:

Sorry my king (bows)

KING:

(Attempts hitting the guard) you still stand there and tell me sorry? (GUARD runs out) find her! Find her! Don’t you ever return to this palace without her! Idiot! Fools! (In a tone, as though speaking to himself) All you do is eat, eat, and eat. Just… loaf about the entire palace doing nothing… idiots.

CUT…

 

SCENE 9.

INT. IN THE GUY’S HOUSE.  A BEDROOM. NEXT DAY.

CAM unfolds the duo of JESSICA and THE GUY in tête-à-tête.

GUY:

So tell me, you were running from something before I hit you?

JESSICA:

Hmm,

GUY:

Hmm? What were you running from dear? (In a jovial tone) your husband? You guys fought? (JESSICA eyes him in a how-could-you-say-such-a-thing manner) oh, sorry dear, just kidding.

JESSICA:

No, don’t worry, not your fault… I was to resume school before… (Starts subbing).

GUY:

Hey, come on, don’t do that… (JESSICA rests her head on his shoulder, and he cuddles her) it’s alright my dear, what ever it was, forget it okay? I’m here now… I’ll take care of you okay? (Jessica raises his head and stares into his face as if silently asking him; “are-you-sure-of-what-you-just-said-now?” and the guy nods in affirmation.) Where do you school?

JESSICA:

UniLag. Just got admitted.

 

GUY:

Wow! Congratulations.

JESSICA:

Thanks…

GUY:

So, have you reported to school? I mean… lectures? Have you begun lectures?

JESSICA:

Lectures? (Seems confused)

GUY:

(Seems a bit surprised but refuses to show it) I mean, you know, going for your classes?

JESSICA:

Okay! You mean lessons? (Smiles from ear to ear).

GUY:

(Playing along) Yes, yes. Lessons.

JESSICA:

Monday. They said Monday. School will start on Monday…

GUY:

Wow, that means you’ll be resuming on Monday?

JESSICA:

Yes sir…

 

GUY:

Sir? (Makes a face)

FADE OUT.

SCENE 10.

EXT. LS. GIRLS’ HOSTEL. DAY

A cab drops Jessica at the gate, she walks into the premises.

FADE IN.

SCENE 11

EXT. LS. GIRLS’ HOTEL. DAY

CAM captures JESSICA as she walks pass passerby female students (to and fro) zooms in on an inscription�" ROOM 307

CUT TO.

Scene 12

INT. LS. GIRLS’ HOSTEL. FADE IN TO ROOM 307. DAY

JESSICA enters with her luggage. OGE is lying face down on the foam; she pretends not to have noticed JESSICA.

MS… JESSICA:

Hello, hello dear… Hmm, I’m Jessica, Jessica Uba… (Oge remains mute and un-concerned) well, I guess you must be my room mate huh? (She looks around the entire room as if sizing it up�"CAM pans along with her sight direction.

MCU… OGE:

(Ponders over Jessica’s introduction) wait a minute, Jessica Uba you said?

MS… JESSICA:

Yeah? Do you know of any, else where?

CU… OGE:

Is it the Jessica Uba I know?

FS… JESSICA:

Well, it might be the one you know… by the way, by whom may I address my roommate? You already know me, my name I believe?

MLS… Jessica:

Oge… I’m Oge. 200 level theatre arts.

JESSICA:

Wow! That’s great�"are you staying alone here? (Struggles with her box)

LS… OGE:

Easy, (CAM follows up, as she steps forward to assist Jessica with the bag) let me help you with that.

JESSICA:

Thanks dear, I still have some more outside… gush! I forgot him outside. Poor driver.

OGE:

Who’s that? Your driver?

JESSICA:

Yes o, my dear don’t mind my manners. (Feigns seriousness) you know, that’s one thing I won’t forgive my dad for… he almost spoilt me. Never mind, just hope you cope with me cause I am new in this kind of life style, most especially this one. (Uses the exit door)

CU… OGE:

(whispering) wow! The senator’s daughter? In my room?

CUT.

SCENE 13

INT. OFFICE OF THE HOD MASS COM. DAY.

 MS… HOD is going through some files on his desk. He notices one spectacular file, and goes through it over and over again.

MS… HOD:

Wow, this can’t be happening. Could she be…? (BCU on a receiver on his desk)

CUT TO.

SCENE 14

INT. OFFICE OF THE HOD MASS COM. DAY.

LS… HOD is still looking through the files. A knock comes in through the door; the door opens subsequently, JESSICA enters.

FS… JESSICA:

Sorry sir, I was informed you sent for me? My name is JESSICA, sir. JESSICA UBA…

HOD:

Wait a minute, you mean… are you related to the senator?

JESSICA:

(Feigns being flattered) Hmm, daddy? I don’t think I look like my father that much�"I only took after mum in every thing…

HOD:

Well, in that case, you’re very much welcomed here. Wow… I know your father.

JESSICA:

Hmm, that? Everyone does. He’s a popular philanthropist.

HOD:

Please do sit.

JESSICA:

Thank you very much sir… but sir, I was in a lecture before you summoned me and…

HOD:

Oh, so sorry dear, please you may now go back to your lectures. I’ll phone you when I need you okay?

JESSICA:

Alright sir. (She turns, making for the exits)

CUT TO.

SCENE 15

EXT… LS...  SCHOOL HOSTEL, STUDENTS’ LAUNDRY QUARTERS. DAY.

CU on some clothes on the laundry-hanger, CAM pans to JESSICA’s footsteps. She walks briskly to the clothes�"she seems offended.

MS… JESSICA:

(Pulling the garments) who the hell is this b***h? What nonsense! (Throwing them to the ground) who owns these rags? This line belongs to room 307!

CAM TRUCKS to the opposite direction. Two girls step in.

1st GIRL:

Wait, what do you think you’re doing, and who the hell do you think you are?

2nd GIRL:

You still de follow am talk? Wooz am jo! Imagine this jambite De terrorize me o, for my cabal gho-o sef, eh? Oh-oo, you de dull me (grabs Jessica’s clothes from the line) you no de see sey this place need scrubbing? (drops them on the floor)

CUT TO.

SCENE 16.

INT. LS. GIRLS’ HOSTEL, ROOM 307. DAY (simultaneous action)

OGE hears the noise from outside, she peeps through the window. On realizing it was Jessica on the line, she rushes out of the room. CAM FOLLOWS and…

CUT TO.

SCENE 17.

EXT… FS...  SCHOOL HOSTEL, STUDENTS’ LAUNDRY QUARTERS. DAY.

Still on the clash scene. CAM EXPOSES OGE, as she hurries to meet the quarrel.

JESSICA:

You trash my clothes on the ground? Do you know who you’re dealing with? I’ll show you!

(ACTION CONTINUES AS THEY BEGIN A WORD BATTLE, AUDIO MUTES AND CAM FREQUENCY IS SLOWED)

OGE:

Abeg e don do… my hand no dey-o. wetin una see una go take am o! (Action continues, audio mutes, save for OGE’s voice, her warnings to the girls which echoes away gradually).

SCENE 18.

EXT… FS...  SCHOOL HOSTEL, STUDENTS’ LAUNDRY QUARTERS�"FURTHER AWAY FROM THE PREVIOUS POSITION OF THE LAST ACTION... DAY.

The two girls are silently discussing Jessica’s identity.

1st GIRL:

That girl, there’s something about that girl. She speaks so authoritatively. Who’s she.

2nd GIRL:

Hmm, you funny die o. who she be ke? She be jambite na, what else?

OGE walks in from the rear

OGE:

That girl is senator Uba’s only daughter.

2nd GIRL:

Wait o, you mean the senate president?

OGE:

Yes of course, you better mind the way you talk to these jambites cause you don’t know who’s who.

MCU… on the girls’ faces as they look at each other, thinking about OGE’s statement.

FADE OUT.

SCENE 19.

INT. MASS COMM DEPT.  OFFICE OF THE HOD. DAY.

 THE HOD is speaking over the phone with JESSICA.

CU… ON THE HOD.

HOD:

So, how’s school today?

V/O: JESSICA:

School’s fine today sir, just that I’m not finding this jambite thing funny anymore. I wonder why everyone calls me Jambite.

HOD:

(Chortles) oh, that? You’ll soon get used to it. It’s just a normal tag for 1st year students.

V/O: JESSICA:

But they don’t have to make it so obvious? Besides, they were all once 1st year students…

HOD:

(Continues laughing) you must be an activist, just like your father… (Still laughing)

V/O: JESSICA:

But that’s the fact sir, or am I wrong?

HOD

Not at all my dear, not at all. Hmm, well, so when am I going to see you dear?

V/O: JESSICA:

See me, sir?

HOD:

Yeah, kind of hang out, you know, get to know each other and… you get to know your HOD more, come on…

V/O: JESSICA:

Wow! Love to hang out with you sir, it’s an honor…

HOD:

That’s ma girl… so then, at your convenience. I’m at your calling… when do we see then? Just pick any favorite place.

 

V/O: JESSICA:

Okay sir, the week’s already been far spent; let me see my schedule I’ll give you a call.

HOD:

Okay, okay. That’s good by me. I’ll be expecting your call.

V/O: JESSICA:

Alright sir, bye…

HOD:

Bye dear. (Jubilantly) wow! This is great! Now the senator must give me my own cut of the national cake… hmm.

 

SCENE 20.

INT. LS… OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL PREMISES, INSIDE AN EATERY. DAY

SETTLE ON. THE HOD, sitting opposite JESSICA. They’re in the middle of a conversation. Their tone is quite low.

JESSICA:

(Laughing stylishly) wow! You don’t mean it? (Continues laughing)

HOD:

Yeah, for real. That’s what you get when you’re with a bigger woman. Just like that one over there… (Points at a fat lady on the other section of the eatery.) Just like that one. You don’t even know where to start from.

JESSICA:

Wow! You’re such a nice person sir, I never knew you were this funny and homely.

HOD:

You see, I just need you to do me a favor?

JESSICA:

Favor? Wow. Hope there’s no problem sir?

HOD:

Ah, not at all dear. It’s just a simple favor… you see, your Dad is a man I respect so much. He’s such an all-round icon of a real man… I need you to link me to your father. Believe me dear, it’ll really gladden my heart.

JESSICA:

Wow! That’s great, and I think my daddy will actually love having someone like you around him… it’s just that… you know how it use to be na? Running around this their government thing. But don’t worry; I’ll see what I can do, it’s no big deal.

HOD:

Wow, that’s my angel. Don’t worry; I have a price for you. (They both laugh, until fade-out)

CUT TO.

SCENE 21.

EXT.  OFF CAMP PREMISES, ALONG THE STREET. DAY.

JESSICA is walking briskly along the pedestrian lane; BIG T is following her and talking to her from his car.

BIG T:

(Trying to meet up with her pace) Hello sexy! Come on, you stay around this neighborhood? Hey, sexy?

JESSICA remains indifferent, she maintains her pace, keeping her face impassive.

CU… BIG T:

Wow! What a damsel. I’ll catch’ a. Promise, I will. (He whistles)

FADE OUT

SCENE 22.

INT. OFF CAMP PREMISES, BIG T’s ROOM. DAY.

BIG T stands by the window.

BIG T:

Wow! You just should have seen her behind. This dame’s so hot. O’ boy, I couldn’t stop staring at her.

SOLO:

You mean a year one girl snubbed you on this campus?

BIG T:

She’s not just a year one buddy. She the senator’s daughter; Senator Uba Okonkwo.

SOLO:

As in, the senate president?

BIG T:

The multi-billionaire.

SOLO:

Wow! But why this school?

 

BIG T:

This chick is hot! You need to watch her bounce her boodie, she’s so endowed. (Stepping toward the bed.) You know what that means for me?

BIG T/SOLO:

Cool cash. (Both guys laugh simultaneously)

FADE OUT.

SCENE 23

INT… SCHOOL HOSTEL, ROOM 307-GIRLS’ HOSTEL. NIGHT.

JESSICA is lying on a mattress, with a music head-phone clogged to her ears.

CAM PANS TO THE DOOR, FOLLOWS BACK TO HER POSITION, and then the door gradually opens.  Two mean looking girls enter; they walk straight to her as she’s yet to notice their presence.

1st GIRL:

Well, well, well. Who do we have here? Sleepy creepy chick… (JESSICA feels their presence, gasps in fright as they approach her further)

JESSICA:

Who’re you? What are you doing here?

2nd GIRL:

Shh! Relax girl, don’t panic. We’re friends of the family.

 

1st GIRL:

You see, my dear, we’ve got no much time. We just came to drop a message with you, daughter of his Excellency… we, we like you and… (Eye’s her partner who nods concurrently) we are willing to be your friends…

2nd GIRL:

We’re the happening babes on campus…

JESSICA:

(Sarcastically) Happening babes on campus?

 

1st GIRL:

Yeah sweetheart…

 

JESSICA:

So, how’s that supposed to be my business? Look, if you girl’s have got nothing else more important than sneaking into peoples’ rooms in an odd hour to do, sorry you have to excuse me cause I have music to listen to. (backs them for her music player on the mattress)

 

1st GIRL:

(Amazed) Wow!

2nd GIRL:

What a girl.

 

1st GIRL:

She’s got guts…

 

They gradually leave the room, taking consecutive glances at JESSICA who’s lying imperturbably on the foam.

CAM FALLS BACK ON JESSICA…

JESSICA:

What nonsense. (Sighs deeply) you can imagine that? All these ashawo lesbians… hmm, for this school? We go see na.

CUT TO…

SCENE 24.

EXT... SCHOOL HOSTEL, A PATH-WAY INTO THE PREMISES. DAY.

LS…JESSICA IS RETURNING TO THE HOSTEL. TWO MASKED GUY CLOSE IN ON HER.

JESSICA:

(Screaming) Hey! Help! Somebody he… (They blind-fold her, as well as covering her mouth to prevent her from raising further alarm… they mount a bike and zoom away.)

FADE OUT.

 

SCENE 25.

SCHOOL HOSTEL, ROOM 307-GIRLS’ HOSTEL. NIGHT.

SOME armed girls Berge into JESSICA’S room, they appear so wild and blood thirsty. OGE becomes rattled, she whimpers…

1st GIRL:

Shhh… where’s she?

OGE:

Who?

1st GIRL:

Don’t play smart with me! (Attempts thumping OGE with the bottom of her weapon, OGE screams, yet silently.)

OGE:

I don’t know please, I swear…

 

1st GIRL:

I see, where’s she then?

OGE:

I don’t know… I swear. She’s not returned from lectures today. I don’t know why…

1st GIRL:

I never asked you why she didn’t return, I said, where is she! Well tell her some friends came to say hi… (CU… on the guns in their hands) we shall be leaving… you take care of you okay? (Chuckles, sizes OGE up and down) you’re not bad any way… hmm, later na, we go see sha. (They bang the door) CAM FALLS BACK ON OGE who’s gasping for breath…

FADE OUT.

 

SCENE 26.

INT. AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING IN A BUSH, ROOM IN THE BUILDING. DAY.

FS… Jessica is blindfolded; BIG T is by her side, interrogating her.

BIG T:

Put him on! (Places a cell phone to Jessica’s ear) connect your dad, now! (JESSICA remains mute) sweetheart, I said, connect your damn father!

JESSICA:

I don’t have his line off-hand…

BIG T:

Oh? You wana play smart with me huh? (CU on his face as he assumes the face of an angry monster) Are you nuts? I said, connect him right now! (Grabs Jessica’s hand bag, extracts her cell phone) oya, dial! Here’s your phone. (Jessica begins subbing intensely) shot up! I don’t want to see any of those… you hear?

JESSICA:

I’m not who you think I am!

BIG T:

What?

JESSICA:

Yes! I’m no daughter of any senator… (Subs) I’m just a daughter of a poor farmer.

BIG T:

But, you…

JESSICA:

Yes, I some how look like his daughter and share his surname�"that neither makes me his daughter nor his relative, does it? (BIG T remains silent for a while)

I don’t know what’s wrong with everybody here.  Everywhere I go, people embarrass me with unmerited encomiums. (BIG T heaves a deep sigh) aren’t you going to shoot me anymore?

BIG T:

(Meditatively) wow! Are you sure of what you’re telling me?

JESSICA:

My father died so many years ago while I was just a kid. I have just a sister a brother who works here in Lagos, and a sick mother.

BIG T:

But you don’t look it? I mean… you live big, as in flashy, wear expensive clothes and jewelries… I mean, how on earth would you convince me or anyone else that you’re not the senator’s daughter? How?

JESSICA:

My brother takes care of my sister and I. he’s the one who pays my school fees.   

 

BIG T:

Hmm, this your brother, what does he do for a living?

JESSICA:

He works with a news paper house.

BIG T:

(Sarcastically)So, you mean to tell me that your brother’s salary is big enough to take care of your big lifestyle? (Claps consecutively) bravo! You’re just, too good!

JESSICA:

No, not really that… (Hesitates) well, there’s a guy, who also take care of my bills…

BIG T:

Shot up! You think I’m here for jokes right? (C***s his revolver)

JESSICA:

Please believe me! It’s no lie! (BIG T calms momentarily) he knocked me down on my way from the village and…

BIG T:

Miss, you must really be taking me for granted… (Raises his hands, flanking his gun at JESSICA)

JESSICA:

(Screams)

SHARP CUT.

SCENE 27.

INT. SCHOOL HOSTEL, ROOM 307-GIRLS’ HOSTEL, DAY.

OGE is going about some chores, Jessica enters.

OGE:

(On seeing JESSICA, rushes to meet her excitedly) you scared the life out of me girl. Where have you been for the past three days now? Not even a call, or even a message. (Feigns gasping exhaustedly) my God, what would I have told the senator! (Observes JESSICA) you look sick, what’s the matter? What really happened?

JESSICA:

I was actually bored to death by your psychophansy and stupid grinnings… if you wouldn’t mind, I’m so tired right now, and I need to get some sleep. (OGE is baffled by her response that she stays rooted to same spot for some minutes.)

CAM on OGE who watches JESSICA surprisingly…

CUT.

SCENE 28.

INT. OFF CAMP. AN EATERY. DAY.

ANGLE ON… JESSICA and BIG T, seated, and facing each other. (CAM RESUMES ACTION FROM A CONTINUED DISCUSSION)

BIG T:

Wow, you must be a great actress… so, why didn’t you go for theatre arts instead of…

JESSICA:

Mass com?

BIG T:

Yeah. I mean, you’re so good at it… no one would believe what you told me… it’s, I mean… it’s incredible.

 

JESSICA:

Thanks…

BIG T:

Thanks? Hmm. You’re so funny you know? Well, (seriously) that’s makes a good bond for us two.

JESSICA:

(With a note of surprise and interest) how do you mean bond?

BIG T:

Money.

JESSICA:

Money?

BIG T:

You see honey; everyone on this campus believes you’re the daughter of the senate president. You see, you can only dupe a man with something of great worth and interest to him.

JESSICA:

I don’t get you?

BIG T:

Well, dear, let’s say it’s a great business opportunity�"cool cash for you and me!

JESSICA:

Still don’t get you; you’re just talking money, money, business. What money, what business are you talking about?

 

 

BIG T:

For your father’s sake, professors would do anything. Just to have you on their bed, men would freeze their bank accounts. As we speak right now, you’re the most popular demand on campus. (grins) that’s the business I’m talking about.

JESSICA:

(Ruminates) wow, (sarcastically) I see. I got ya, got ya right there… but don’t quite grab how to go about it… you know, you expect me to go throwing myself at them, or something? I mean, it’s kinda crazy.

BIG T:

Oh, oh, not that. You got it all wrong babe. (Adjusts his seat closer to Jessica) hmm, you see honey, you are the hostess here. They come running to mama for some tea, and mama issues her bill… huh? You got it?

JESSICA:

(Smiles profusely) wow! What a genius… you’re such a talented crim… (Scratches her scalp) I mean…

BIG T:

Yeah, right�"Miss Senator’s daughter, (looks around) criminal like you, huh? Well, (gravely) you better watch your mouth (Observes Jessica for a while, bursts into laughing subsequently) Men! Girl you’re great (Jessica joins the laughing)

JESSICA:

(Still laughing) hmm, hmm, please! Don’t even go there. (Laughing continues)

FADE OUT.

SCENE 29.

OFF CAMP PREMISES, ALONG THE STREET

JESSICA IS WALKING ALONG THE ROAD, JODRIVES CLOSELY BEHIND HER.

JOE:

Hello sweetie! Hello, damsel? Excuse me beauty! (Jessica ignores the call) wow, (CU ON JESSICA’s buttocks as it vibrates concurrently with her walking steps) dang! (Licks his lips) that’s my girl… wow!

JESSICA FLAGS DOWN A BIKE…

JOE REVISES, AND FOLLOWS JESSICA’S TRAIL.

SLOW FADE.

SCENE 30.

EXT. SCHOOL HOSTEL, IN FRONT OF THE HOSTEL. DAY.

JESSICA ALIGHTS FROM THE BIKE; MEETS JOE ALREADY PACKED AT THE GATE…

JESSICA:

(Pays the bike man off, and makes for the hostel… JOE alights from his car, walks in her way) what! Don’t you ever get tired? Why don’t you just make good use of your time and stop sniffing around?

JOE:

Can’t just get you out of my head, honey. (Sniffs) why don’t you at least grant me audience for a minute, that’s not how your dad runs the senate, is it?

JESSICA:

(Feigns exasperation) you’re just a hell of a guy… I’ve stood here with you for more than a minute, have I not? (Pauses) by the way, you better watch the manner at which you speak of my father, in my presence. (Storms out)

CU on JOE’s face as he looks on.

JOE:

(Shakes his head begins working toward his car) wow!

CUT TO.

SCENE 31.

INT. GIRLS’ HOSTEL, ROOM 307. DAY.

OGE IS INSIDE; GOING THROUGH A MAGAZINE, JESSICA OPENS THE DOOR.

JESSICA:

(Sends her hand bag flying in the air) what a day, what’s up girl? (Sinks into a chair)

OGE:

Cool, how’s school today?

JESSICA:

Hmm, school was good, you? You didn’t go?

OGE:

No, I did, finished early today.

JESSICA:

(Reflectively) oh, I’ve forgotten today’s Friday.

OGE:

Yes, hmm, hmm. Sorry o, where did you know him from? I mean the guy that dropped you just now?

JESSICA:

Excuse me?

OGE:

Sorry, don’t get me wrong, he’s the CSO, that’s why I’m asking.

JESSICA:

Hmm, CSO? So bloody what? What’s so special about that? He’s just an ordinary gateman if that’s the case. (Pilling off her shoes) little wonder why he was sniffing allover me like a hungry puppy.

OGE:

JESSIE? You know how many girls that fall at his feet. He’s the head of the school security service. Besides, he’s rich, cute and nice and even…

JESSICA:

Obviously, you’re one of those girls who mess them selves around him. Well miss… Oge, or what ever your name is, I don’t have that kind of time okay? My father sent me here to read and not to run after security men�"gush! Have you girls got no taste at all? An ordinary security man? (Spits on the floor) God forbid!

OGE:

Hmm, sorry o, your Excellency. I didn’t mean it that way o. hmm, I made you some rice sha, hope you’ll like it?

JESSICA:

Seriously? Wow, girl I’m so famished, please I’m starving… (She follows her into the kitchen)

FADE IN.

SCENE 32.

EXT. OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL PREMISES, ALONG THE STREET. DAY (the next morning)

JESSICA IS WALKING ALONG; JOE DRIVES IN ON HER AGAIN.

JOE:

Hey sweet! Morning, morning? (Jessica ignores his calls). Hello pretty?

JESSICA:

(Exasperatedly) don’t you ever get tired of sniffing around?  Don’t tell me you’re this jobless?

JOE:

Job? When it has to do with love? Come on, I’d rather go hungry than stay without your love baby…

JESSICA:

 (Giggles) Hmm, you must be dreaming, dude. (Emphatically) please give me a break, okay? (JOE persists, and on a second thought, she yields) please do me a favor?

JOE:

What ever honey…

JESSICA:

Name your price, I’ll pay. Just stay away from me please.

JOE:

Okay, my price’s so cheap.

JESSICA:

Name it buddy!

JOE:

It’ll be my pleasure to drop you off to school, that’s all. (Jessica hesitates a while, but subsequently succumbs) that’s ma girl.

JESSICA:

In your wildest dreams…

CUT.

SCENE 32.

INT. JOE’s HOUSE, LIVING ROOM. DAY.

JESSICA AND JOE ENTER.

JESSICA:

Wow, you’ve got a nice place here.

JOE:

Hmm, just managing…

JESSICA:

Managing? A place like this? You’ve got to be kidding me. (Sits)

JOE:

So, honey, what do I offer you?

JESSICA:

Hmm, well, what can you offer?

JOE:

(Eyes her aesthetically, glides towards the bar) cold or warm? (Waves a glass at her)

JESSICA:

Hmm, the weather’s quite burning… want some ice too. (JOE nods in affirmation)

JOE:

(Puts the glasses down) at last, the almighty daughter of his Excellency, under my roof today? Wow, heaven must be celebrating with me as well.

JESSICA:

(Chuckles as she sips from the glass) well, you can say that again.

JOE stares deeply into her face, she tries ignoring but he persistently overrules her ignorance… this goes on for a while before she feigns irritation.

JESSICA:

What’s that? I hate it when being stared in the eyes!

JOE:

But I can’t just stop. I’m hexed with your beauty. I can’t think of any thing else but you. The images of you in my head are like the paintings of Dolce and Gabana…

JESSICA:

(Systematically ignoring JOE’s antiques) so, aside the security work, what else do you do for a living? You, still a student?

JOE:

(Kneels) baby, please. You mean the whole world to me, okay? Please just let me in to that golden heart of yours. Give me the chance to show you how much I desire you. (Holds the helm of JESSICA’s blouse) I’m in love with you, so dearly.

JESSICA:

(Clearing her throat) hmm, home I’m still safe here? (JOE withdraws his hold).

JOE:

Come on dear, of course you’re very safe here. With me you’ve got all the security in the world… even a personal body guard.

JESSICA:

Wow, that’s cool… hmm, you see, I like you okay. Just leave it that way. No strings attached.

JOE:

I know how you feel about every guy going after you but… I’m different, I just feel…

JESSICA:

It’s not just… see, I’m not your type okay? Can you afford me?

 

 

JOE:

(Giggles) well, that? Hmm, just give me the chance to prove my worth to you okay? (Getting closer) hmm, hmm. You see…

JESSICA:

I have to go now (tries living, but JOE’s already too close) stop! You have to appease the gods first.

CUT T0.

SCENE 33.

EXT… SCHOOL HOSTEL, IN FRONT OF THE GATE. DAY.

LS… as JESSICA alights from JOE’s car… LS ON A DISTANT CAR FOLLOWING CLOSELY. CAM FOLLOWS JESSICA INTO THE HOSTEL.

CUT TO.

SCENE 34.

INT. OFF CAMP PREMISES, BIG T’s room. NIGHT.

ANGLE ON. BIG T ON SET WITH SLY AND BULLET.

BIG T:

What!!! You saw whom? My own JESSICA with that bugger?

BULLET:

With my own koro, koro eyes. Them two de hold hand like husband and wife.

SLY:

They were walking hand in hand, leg to leg… total mess up!

BULLET:

Like sey them de match de go altar.

SLY:

The guy even kiss am… chie!!! Total mess up! Mess upuuu!!!

BULLET:

I think you see am too? Ha, na that one pain me pass!!!

CAM ON BIG T, AS HE PRANCES ABOUT, INFURIATEDLY.

BIG T:

I will, I will grind him like pepper. I will crush his balls. He thinks he’s got enough balls to taste my food huh?

I’ll make him pay!!!

SLY:

What a mess!

BULLET:

(To SLY) dude, no body de mess for here. We have an emergency on ground! Person wan chop groundnut.

SLY:

Ah, groundnut? Me I wan soak garri o. (tentatively) abeg you get sugar?  (licks his lips)

BULLET:

Ha, wetin de worry this one?

BIG T TURNS TOWARD THEM, THEY ALL MAINTAIN POSTURE… CAM ZOOMS IN ON BIG T’S FACE.

 

SCENE 35.

EXT. ALONG THE STREET. DAY.

JOE PACKS HIS CAR, ALIGHTS . BIG T, SLY AND BULLET ROUNDS HIM UP…

JOE:

(On noticing them) Sorry, how may I help you, gentle men?

SLY RAISES HIS SHIRT AS IF FANNING HIMSELF WITH IT, THERE BY REVELING THE BUT OF HIS REVOLVER.

JOE:

(Realizing SLY’s gesture) oh, I see, hope all is well? Have I offended anyone? (BULLET tackles him)

SLY:

Give am belle sharp, sharp! What a mess! (Punches him in addition) you wan chop elders’ food abi? Who you be sef? Why you dey mess na? (Punches him again)

BIG T:

Bross! So it’s gotten to the extent that you want to invade my territory abi? You wan chop my, my chocolate candy abi?

JOE:

You guys, you know who you…

BULLET:

Shot up! Capon de talk (kicking him) you sef de talk too, you de mad?

BIG T:

(Holding JOE’s collar, and almost choking him) now listen to me you punk. I’m going to spare you for one reason… you’ll do just two things for me. One; keep your black a*s off my shuddy! Two; give this message to any other fool who’ll also wish to swim along. Get it?

SLY:

What a mess! Guy your eye big well, well o. so you sef na man wey sabi, abi?

BULLET THUMPS JOE AGAIN, NEARLY KNOCKING HIM OVER THIS TIME AROUND. THE TRIO LEAVES SCURRILOUSLY, LETTING JOE LIE BRUISED ON THE BARE GROUND

FADE OUT.

 

SCENE 36.

EXT. AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING IN A BUSH, ROOM IN THE BUILDING. DAY.

CAM OPENS ON BIG T’S HIDE OUT. JESSICA DRIVES IN INFURIATEDLY, ENTER THE BUILDING.

CUT.

SCENE 37.

INT. AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING IN A BUSH, ROOM IN THE BUILDING. DAY.

BIG T IS SEATED; BLOWING UP HEMP SMOKES, SLY AND BULLET IS FLANKED ON BOTH SIDES OF HIS ARMS. JESSICA ENTERS…

JESSICA:

What was all that for!!! How could you be so mean?

SLY:

What a mess!!! (BULLET makes a move as though to harass JESSICA, BIG T halts him by raising his hands at him)

BIG T:

Free am, BULLET. Let her talk. (Amidst blowing hemp smoke) women love talking…

JESSICA:

No, no, no. don’t stop him. (To BULLET) come on, go ahead and hit me. Hit me! Won’t you? (To BIG T)  how could you be so mean? How could you be so cruel to a man who’s done nothing wrong to you? You nearly killed him just because he offered to give me a lift to school. Tell me, since when has it become a crime for me to speak to another guy…

CUT TO.

 

 

 

SCENE 38.

INT. MASS COMM. DEPARTMENT, OFFICE OF THE HOD. DAY.

MR. OSAKWE (THE HOD) PRANCES ABOUT RESTLESSLY.

CUT TO.

SCENE 39.

INT. AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING IN A BUSH, ROOM IN THE BUILDING. DAY.

BIG T:

(Flares up) Enough! So you now have the muscle to raise your voice at me abi? (Looks at SLY and BULLET, as though singing them to excuse them both for a moment… SLY and BULLET leaves) so it’s true huh? You were f*****g him weren’t you?

JESSICA:

(Gasps) what? How could you be so ridiculous? How can you accuse me of a thing like that? I barely know this guy…

BIG T:

Of course barely… but enough to kiss him in public? Enough for him to take you shopping? Enough for him to carry you allover the town, to his house? And you say he didn’t f**k you? Liar!

JESSICA:

Please stop all these, stop please, you’re hurting me!

BIG T:

Hurting huh?

JESSICA:

Okay, if you must know; that guy has done nothing wrong. I was late for lectures, and I was rushing. I unfortunately kicked a stone and cut my foot wear. Maybe he was incidentally observing me, so he offered to assist. I was in dear need of his assistance at that point, so his offer was irresistible. There was no way I could have said know, I needed to visit a shoe mender, and my lectures… he offered me a lift, and I accepted. Nothing happened between us afterward, nothing. Believe me, noting really happened. (JESSICA’S CELL PHONE RINGS)

CUT.

SCENE 40.

INT. JOE’S HOUSE, LIVING ROOM. DAY

JOE’S WOUND IS BEING NURSED BY SOME SECURITY PERSONS.  DEVICE AND SIR P.

DEVICE:

I know those guys, I know their hide out. I will sniff them out tonight!

SIR P:

You do? Then why not now? Right away! Look what they’ve done to SKIPO.

DEVICE:

Message the boys then!

CUT TO.

SCENE 41.

INT. AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING IN A BUSH, ROOM IN THE BUILDING. DAY.

BIG T.

You have a call. Pick it?

JESSICA:

I know, I don’t want to.

BIG T:

Why? It’s him right?

JESSICA:

Hmm, it’s my Mr. OSAKWE…

BIG T:

Ha, your sugar uncle?

JESSICA:

Don’t be ridiculous. He’s my HOD.

BIG T:

Wow, still the same thing I’m saying. HOD or no HOD. Are you a course rep?

JESSICA:

Baby!

BIG T:

Then pick it!

CUT TO.

SCENE 42

EXT. A FOOT THROW AWAY FROM THE UNCOMPLETED BUILDING. DAY.

JOE, WELL ARMED, ALONG WITH SIR P, DEVICE, AND SOME OTHER EXTRAS. THEY ALIGHT FROM A WAGON, BEGINS CREEPING TOWARD THE UNCOMPLETED BUILDING.

CUT TO.

SCENE 43.

INT. AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING IN A BUSH, ROOM IN THE BUILDING. DAY.

BIG T:

Come on?

JESSICA:

He wants to meet my father.

BIG T:

Wow! That’s great news. Why you de doll na? its good news!

JESSICA:

What do I tell him, I’m nervous. He’s not seen me for so long now, and I’ve been dodging him.

BIG T:

Wow! Great news, you know what? Give him a date.

JESSICA;

Okay?

BIG T:

Do it!

JESSICA:

(picks the call) He… hello sweetheart.

V/O… Mr. OSAKWE:

Baby, where have you been? I’ve been so worried about you.

JESSICA:

Wow, so sorry darling, I didn’t inform you I was going on a short trip.

V/O… Mr. OSAKWE:

That’s not right, next time, you let me know okay?

JESSICA:

Okay darling.

V/O… Mr. OSAKWE:

Fine. Hmm, so, baby, when are we going to meet your dad? I was thinking of arranging a dinner party in your honor, a sort of Kudoz party for your good conduct in school; he’ll be the special guest.   

JESSICA:

(Sarcastically) Wow! That will be great! (Looks at BIG T who eyes her in return)

V/O… Mr. OSAKWE:

Right. So, when am I seeing you? We need to talk… you know, I wana get some tips before I meet the senator (laughs) you know, this and that… (Laughs again, and this time, Jessica joins in the laughing.)

JESSICA:

Okay Doc, hmm, let’s see, do we meet at green vile hotel? (looks at BIG T as though seeking his affirmation, he concurrently nods in affirmation too)

 V/O… Mr. OSAKWE:

Fine then, Green vile will be great. Yep, green vile… time?

JESSICA:

(Also looks at BIG T for advice) hmm, launch time tomorrow? How about that?

V/O… Mr. OSAKWE:

Very good! Perfect. Alright then, launch time tomorrow.

JESSICA:

Tomorrow, launch time. (Eyes BIG T)

CUT TO.

SCENE 44.

EXT. CLOSER TOTHE UNCOMPLETED BUILDING. DAY.

JOE AND HIS MEN SPLIT INTO DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS, THEY ROUND UP THE BUILDING… CAM FOLLOWS EVERY ACTION AND MOVEMENT.

CUT TO.

SCENE 45.

INT. AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING IN A BUSH, ROOM IN THE BUILDING. DAY.

JESSICA and BIG T together, they hear gun shots. Subsequently, JOE COMES INTO VIEW, ROUNDING THEM UP…but BIG T was already gone.

 

JOE:

(Surprised at meeting JESSICA.)

Wow, wow, wow. So, this is what all the whole window love’s all about huh?

JESSICA:

(Jittering) baby… it’s not what you think okay? (A gun shot is heard, JESSICA screams)

LS… SLY’s been shot, DEVICE AND SIR P, DRAGS HIS CORPS OUT, DOMPS IT BEFORE JOE.

DEVICE:

Skippo! We missed them. Cowards!

SIR P:

They ran. Thought they’ve got enough balls. (Exasperatedly) why una de run na! Come back! Come back and face it iron to iron.

JOE:

 (To SIR P) Calm down. Tomorrow is another day. (Sneering at JESSICA) you see your life? Putting your life in the hands of miscreants. (JESSICA’s still subbing. She grabs JOE’S arm) leave me. I never really expected this at all.

JESSICA:

Baby, believe me it’s not what you think… (JOE draws her into his arms, and tries cuddling her as if trying to revive her from the shock.) Its okay baby.

CUT TO.

SCENE 46.

EXT. INSIDE A BUSH. DAY.

   FS… BIG T and BULLET, pause from running, panting like two hungry racing dogs.

 

BULLET:

Can you imagine that? This b***h set us up?

BIG T:

(Ruefully) Sly! Sly! Sly!

BULLET:

My man is gone!

BIG T:

I swear, they will pay! With there blood! I will hunt them down! I swear!

FADE OUT.

SCENE 47.

EXT. MASS COMM. DEPARTMENT, OFFICE OF THE HOD. DAY.

   A cab drops a girl in front the department. She walks into the office.

CUT TO.

SCENE 48.

EXT. ALONG THE STREET. DAY.

SIR P is working along the road. Suddenly a cab intercepts him… subsequently they shoot him, and zoom off.

LS… on pedestrians who immediately gather round his lifeless body.

FADE.

SCENE 49:

EXT. MASS COMM. DEPARTMENT, OFFICE OF THE HOD. DAY.

FS… MR. OSAKWE’s looking into a file. Browsing through a list.

MR. OSAKWE:

What? (Removes his spectacles) this can’t be happening.

CUT TO.

SCENE 50.

INT. JOE’s HOUSE, LIVING ROOM. DAY.

JOE AND DEVICE, RUING THE NEWS OF SIR P’s DEATH.

DEVICE:

They’ve just drawn the line. This is war! Total war!

JOE:

I will hunt them down! I swear… I will!

DEVICE:

SIR P my man. Hey! Lion heart is gone! I swear to you bro, I will avenge your death. I will!

JOE:

(Aggressively) beat the drums! Kill them all; spear no one… for SIR P!

CUT.

SCENE 51.

INT. SCHOOL HOSTEL, ROOM 307-GIRLS’ HOSTEL NIGHT.

CAM OPENS ON OGE, DOSING, JESSICA’S STEALTHILY PACKING HER BAG, AS IF TRYING NOT TO ATTRACT OGE’S ATTENTION.

OGE:

(Stretching her neck) hmm, (JESSICA freezes, as though she was barely doing something.) hey girl, you going for night class? (Noticing her puffy bag) you going somewhere? (Looks at the wall clock) by this time? Hmm, club date I suppose? (JESSICA remains mute for a while, but subsequently speaks).

JESSICA:

Hmm, I… it’s nothing really, just em… (Scratches her scalp)

 

OGE:

(Sits up). Sweetheart, what’s wrong? Are you okay?

JESSICA:

Hmm, yeah, I’m fine. (Lifts her travel hand bag) don’t tell anyone anything okay?

OGE:

As in? Don’t get you… are you in some sort of trouble or what? Tell me, what’s going on?

JESSICA:

(Feigns all’s well) Trust me sweetheart, everything’s fine… sorry, I’m late for my date. But please do me a favor…

OGE:

What’s that?

JESSICA:

Just tell anyone who cares to know that you’ve not seen me for a while now.

OGE:

But, I still don’t get you… I mean, you’re beginning to get me scared.

JESSICA:

(Giggles dimly) don’t worry, everything’s fine. (Makes for the door)

CUT TO.

SCENE 52.

INT. MASS COMM. DEPARTMENT, OFFICE OF THE HOD. DAY.

MR. OSAKWE is having a talk with the new Miss UBA.

DR. OSAKWE:

Wait a minute. You’re kidding me right? You mean you’re JESSICA UBA? DAUGHTER OF THE SENATE PRESIDENT?

MISS UBA:

Yes doc, but is there any problem sir?

DR, OSAKWE:

(Feigning all’s well) ah, not all my dear, no problem at all… you’re well come to our discipline okay?

MISS UBA:

Thank you sir. So sir, am I free to take my leave now?

DR. OSAKWE:

Oh, sure. Why not. I’ll send for you latter okay? Take good care of your self okay?

MISS UBA:

Alright sir. (She exits)

DR. OSAKWE:

My God! I’ve been duped… what have I done to my self?

FADE OUT.

SCENE 53.

INT. A HOTEL, THE RECEPTION. NIGHT.

EVERY ACTION IS MIMED; JESSICA CHECKS IN, HER CONDUCT IS VIRTUALLY scurrilous and jittery. CAM FOLLOWS HER AS SHE CLIMBS UP THE STAIRS, AWAY FROM CAM LENCE FOCUS.

CUT.

SCENE 54.

INT. SCHOOL HOSTEL, ROOM 307-GIRLS’ HOSTEL NIGHT.

 BIG T AND BULLET BARGES INTO THE ROOM. OGE GASPS FOR BREATH ON SEEING THEM ARMED TO THE TEETH AND WITH NO SMILES.

 

BULLET:

Where’s she?

OGE:

(Shaking) please don’t hurt me…

BULLET:

You de mad! I said where is that b***h?

CUT TO.

SCENE 55.

INT. HOTEL, CORRIDOR. NIGHT.

CU… ON THE ROOM NUMBERING… ROOM 75, FLOOR 001. Cam zooms in through the door as JESSICA unlocks and enters.  CUT TO… CAM OPENS WITH JESSICA THROWING HER SELF INTO THE BED AND STARING INTO THE CEILING.

FADE OUT.

SCENE 56.

INT. SCHOOL HOSTEL, ROOM 307-GIRLS’ HOSTEL. NIGHT.

Hey! Young lady, save my time okay? Were is your roommate?

OGE:

You mean the senator’s daughter? (BULLET and BIG T eye each other)

BIG T:

Yes, where is she!!!

BULLET:

Fine girl, you wan chop groundnut? Where’s that b***h? (Grabs her as if attempting to strangle her) look here girl, I’m not here for a T.V  show. Where’s your roommate!!!

 

OGE:

(Pensively) she… she, was…

BULLET:

You think I’m, playing?

OGE:

No, she’s… I’ve not seen her for so long a while now… please, I swear.

CUT.

SCENE 57.

INT. A HOTEL, THE RECEPTION. NIGHT.

 A YOUNG MAN (THE PRINCE) ENTERS THE RECEPTION, CHECKS IN FOR THE NIGHT.

CUT TO.

SCENE 58.

INT. HOTEL, CORRIDOR. NIGHT.

THE PRINCE WALKS TO THE DOOR OF A ROOM, CU ON… THE ROOM NUMBER, ROOM 76, FLOOR 001, HE OPENS THE DOOR, AND STEPS IN.

CUT TO.

SCENE 59.

INT. SCHOOL HOSTEL, ROOM 307-GIRLS’ HOSTEL. NIGHT.

BIG T:

(To BULLET) she has no place to hide. Let her run. No matter how high the termite flies, it must surely fall under the belly of hungry lizards.  Let’s go! (To OGE) as for you. Make sure you have useful information for me when next I come here. (They leave.)

 

 

 

SCENE 60.

INT. HOTEL, STAIR-CASE. MORNING.

THE PRINCE IS RETURNING FROM ROAD WALK, JESICCA IS GOING DOWN STAIRS.  THEY MEET HALF WAY THE STAIR-CASE.

JESSICA:

(Gasps)

PRINCE:

Hi, wow… (JESSICA attempts retreating) wo, wo, woo. Come on, relax girl, that’s not really necessary.

JESSICA:

(Clears her throat and adjusts her feet) but they said you were dead?

PRINCE:

Hmm, well, they were not wrong anyway, was almost dead. You hit my spinal chord and knocked me out…

JESSICA:

(Speechless)

PRINCE:

After that encounter with you, you made me discover the real me. You made me realize the true meaning of life, and ever since then, I’ve been combing allover the city for you.

JESSICA:

Now you’ve found me, what’s going to be my fate? Won’t you arrest me? What did you do to my sister?

 

 

PRINCE:

Your sister? I gave others for her release immediately I recovered. (Steps further, JESSICA retreats) no, no, please my dear; I wouldn’t dare hurt you any more.

SCENE 61.

INT. A HOTEL, THE RECEPTION. MORNING.

MS… ON BIG T AND SIR P, AT THE RECEPTION. THE RECEPTIONIST GIVES THEM SOME DIRECTION, THEY SNICK SOME CURRENCY NOTES INTO HER PALMS THROUGH A HAND SHAKE. (NB: EVERY ACTION IS MIMED.) THEY HEAD FOR THE STAIRS.

CUT TO.

SCENE 62.

INT. HOTEL, STAIR-CASE. MORNING.

JESSICA AND THE PRINCE ARE STILL TALKING.

PRINCE:

Please dear, that’s why I’m here now. I’ve come to make things right. (JESSICA sights BIG T AND SIR P coming up the stairs)

JESSICA:

(Gasps) oh my God! See ya…

PRINCE:

Wait! What’s wrong? Where… (Sighting BIG T) wait! (JESSICA runs)

BIG T:

(Sets after her, SIR P following behind him.) There she is.

PRINCE:

(Attempts preventing them) wo, wo, wait! Who’re you guys? You doing some hide and seek or something? I want in! hey! (BIG T pushes him down) wow! Easy bro. that hurts.

CUT TO.

SCENE 63.

INT. HOTEL, HALLWAY. MORNING.

JESSICA COMES RUNNING INTO VIEW, GLANCES UP AND DOWN, AND SUBSEQUENTLY TAKES A ROUTE OUT. FEW MINUTES LATER, BIG T AND SIR P RUSHES IN AS WELL, IN pursuit OF JESSICA.

SIR P:

Where’s she? Damn! We lost her.

BIG T:

Not this time around. (Looks around) this way.

CUT TO.

SCENE 64.

INT. HOTEL, ROOM 75 (JESSCA’S ROOM) SAME TIME AS PREVIOUS SCENE.

JESSICA runs into the room and quickly shots the door behind her.

JESSICA:

(Moving about-restlessly) my God. What have I done to earn all this? Why me? What am I going to do now? (Sits on the bed edge) come on girl, think. Think.

CU… ON THE DOOR, DOOR BELL RINGS. JESSICA GASPS. BELL RINGS AGAIN.

CUT TO.

SCENE 65.

INT. HOTEL, HALLWAY. MORNING.

ANGLE ON… BIG T. HE’S STILL LOOKING AROUND. SIR P STORMS OUT FROM OPPOSITE DIRECTION.

SIR P:

You see am? (BIG T sighs)

BIG T:

Let’s leave this place.

 CUT.

SCENE 66.

INT. THE POLICE STATION, OFFICE OF THE DPO. DAY.

MR. OSAKWE IS HAVING A TALK WITH THE POLICE DPO. HE’S SUPPOSEDLY REPORTING JESSICA’S ISSUE.

DR. OSAKWE:

Please DPO, you have to help me. This very girl ripped me of my had earned 250.000 naira.

DPO:

What? You don’t mean it? How could she have done that as well?

DR. OSAKWE:

She made me believe she was the daughter of the senate president… my God, these girls are devils. I was fooled.

DPO:

How did she… I mean, how did you come about getting duped.

DR. OSAKWE:

Honestly, I don’t know… I mean, I can’t even tell how I got my self into this mess. You see, I was carried away by her faked identity. I’d wanted to use it as a front to gain a relationship with her father… I mean, the senate president. She complained of accommodation, and that her father wanted her to stay in the school hostel for the mean time, so as to stay under cover. But she wanted somewhere of better comfort, so I decided to gain her favour by offering her some money to rent a place off-campus…

DPO:

Like how much are we talking about here?

DR. OSAKWE:

At first, I gave her a hundred and fifty thousand naira to find a cool place. Then subsequently, I gave her another hundred and fifty thousand to arrange a get together in her honor… It was meant to be my meeting point with her father.

DPO:

(begins to laugh) Good lord, (still laughing) men, that’s quite ridiculous. I mean, how could you have… wow.

DR. OSAKWE:

Please DPO, I’m really counting on you to recover my money from this girl.

DPO:

Reports from investigation has it that this girl hails from poor home, in a remote eastern community. But how come she flaunts such wealth as the ones she reportedly parades.

DR. OSAKWE:

Are you asking me? When she’s comfortably having a good time some where with my 250.000 somewhere? Come on DPO, guess this must be her occupation. It’s high time the law shot her down…

DPO:

Of course, and surprisingly, the report coming to me from the office of the commissioner says the senate president himself has been informed of this case and has indicated interest in knowing this impostor; the commissioner himself is highly interested in the case and has been on my neck ever since. So doc, we have every thing under total control. We will surely catch her no matter how smart she thinks she is.

 DR. OSAKWE:

Wow, that’s good news. But do you think there’s need to inform the girl about this?

 

 

DPO:

What girl? Oh, you mean the real Miss UBA? Of course she’ll definitely learn about it once her father is aware; besides, I’ve instructed my men to place alerts allover the city. Radio  announcements, TV adverts, and I even sent my boys as at yesterday, to paste a notice of her name and photograph as WANTED, on notice boards.

SCENE 67.

INT. HOTEL, OUTSIDE ROOM 75 (JESSCA’S ROOM) SAME TIME AS PREVIOUS SCENE.

THE PRINCE IS KNOCKING AT JESSICA’S BELL.

CUT TO.

SCENE 68.

INT. HOTEL ROOM 75 (JESSCA’S ROOM) SAME TIME AS PREVIOUS SCENE.

JESSICA IS SITTING ON THE BED, HER ROOM BELL RINGS.

JESSICA:

(Goes to the door… quietly peeps through the door lance)

CUT TO.

SCENE 69.

INT. HOTEL, OUTSIDE ROOM 75 (JESSCA’S ROOM) SAME TIME AS PREVIOUS SCENE.

PRINCE:

Hello. (Waves at the lance)

CUT TO.

SCENE 70.

INT. HOTEL ROOM 75 (JESSCA’S ROOM) SAME TIME AS PREVIOUS SCENE.

 

JESSICA:

(Heaves a deep breath) you? (To her self) gush, this guy. (Hurriedly opens the door.)

CUT TO.

SCENE 71

INT. A HOTEL, THE RECEPTION. SAME TIME AS PREVIOUS SCENE.

          TWO POLICE MEN ARE TALKING WITH THE RECEPTIONIST. SHE POINTS  TOWARD THE STAIRS, AS IF DIRECTING THEM TO SOMEWHERE.

CUT TO.

SCENE 72

INT. HOTEL. ROOM 75 (JESSCA’S ROOM) SAME TIME AS PREVIOUS SCENE.

PRINCE:

Hey sweetheart. Those guys… I mean; did they hurt you? (JESSICA shots the door)

JESSICA:

What are you doing here?

PRINCE:

Looking for my love… you.

JESSICA:

(Inwardly) damn, this guy’s gone nuts. (To the PRINCE) how do you mean looking for me? Please, I know I must have hurt you in the past; look, right now, this place is not safe for us both okay? These guys are men of the underworld. I’m quite sure they’re still very much around. (Tenderly) you got to leave here okay? You’re no longer safe here, with me, please.

PRINCE:

Come on, I don’t get you. You know those guys right?  What have you got to do with them? Guns? Sweetheart, you now a bad girl huh? (chuckles)

JESSICA:

You think this is funny don’t you? (The door bell rings again)

PRINCE:

Expecting some…

JESSICA:

(Whisperingly) Shhh! don’t say. (Peeps through the door lance, CAM ZOOMS OUT TO THE OTHER SIDE)

CUT TO.

SCENE 72.

INT. HOTEL, OUTSIDE ROOM 75 (JESSCA’S ROOM) SAME TIME AS PREVIOUS SCENE.

THE TWO OFFICERS ARE KNOCKING.

CUT TO.

SCENE 73.

INT. HOTEL. ROOM 75 (JESSCA’S ROOM) SAME TIME AS PREVIOUS SCENE.

JESSICA ENTERS THE BATHROOM. PRINCE GOES TO OPEN THE DOOR.

PRINCE:

(Opens the door) good… (Looks at his wrist) good day gentle men. Yawns, so? You guys are… room service? (The men look at each other)

1st OFFICER:

Sorry, Mr.…

PRINCE:

Prince Charles.

1st OFFICER:

Okay, MR. CHARLES…

PRINCE:

Prince Charles and you?

1st OFFICER:

I’m detective SHOLA BALOGUN (pointing at his partner) and this is COPORAL ALAKE. We’re from the state head quarters of the Nigerian police command. (Brings out a picture from his pocket) have you come seen this face within this premises?

PRINCE:

(Taking the picture) holy Mary mother of God!

2nd OFFICER:

(Curiously) Do you know her?

PRINCE:

Yes! I know this face.

1st OFFICER:

You do?

PRINCE:

Yes! I see her in my dream every night. This is the girl of my dreams. (Surprised, the two officers look at each other.) Isn’t she beautiful?

1st OFFICER:

Sorry for the inconvenience sir, but this very girl here is a notorious criminal, wanted allover the state. (CU ON THE PRINCE’S FACE AS HE EXPRESSES SHOCK IN A VERY COMICAL WAY.) Please do inform us if you ever come across her okay (hands in a card to him) here’s my card. Please do call me if you come across anyone like this okay? (To the second officer) let’s go.

PRINCE:

Wait, what about… (Pensively) notorious criminal you said? Wow, guess she’s not the girl I’m talking about. Any way, (stretches out his hands, but they were already out of sight) oh, I see. Bye then. (Sings) hallelujah, for the lord God, and the ro-ad is clear. hallelujah, for the lord God, and the ro-ad is clear. (CU… ON THE BATHROOM DOOR) hey girl. (JESSICA comes out of the bathroom)

JESSICA:

Are they gone? (Hugs him) thank you so much. You’re such a talented actor…

PRINCE:

(Comically momentous) hold it! Can you please hint me on what’s going on here?

What business on earth do you have with those gun men, and what the hail do the police want from you? Is there something you’re not telling me?

JESSICA:

Please calm down okay? I’ll tell you every thing. It’s not what you think okay?

PRINCE:

What I think? Come on, what I’m beginning to think right now, is that you’re … I mean; maybe you’re now a bad girl? By the way, who taught you taekwondo? That kick you gave me that very day I grabbed you on your way back from the stream, was state of the art�"exclusive kick. My balls went silent for months.

JESSICA:

Please we have to get out of this place okay? They will be back soon I’ll tell you every thing as soon as we arrive a safer place okay?

CUT TO.

SCENE 74.

THE POLICE STATION, OFFICE OF THE DPO.  DAY.

DETECTIVE SHOLA REPORTS TO THE DPO THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE ARREST MISSION.

DPO:

Look here SHOLA. The IG and the commissioner is interested in this case!  Including the SENATE PRESIDENT himself. In fact, this case has become national issue. I can not lose the case from my table do you hear? I want that girl in my nest by this time tomorrow?

SHOLA:

(Salutes) yes sir!

DPO:

Now get working! (Detective SHOLA leaves)

SCENE 75.

INT. THE HOTEL, RECEPTION. DAY.

JESSICA AND THE PRINCE HURRIEDLY CHECKS OUT. CU… ON THE RECEPTIONIST WHO MAKES A CALL AFTERWARD, AS THEY BOTH LEAVE THROUGH THE DOOR.

CUT TO.

SCENE 76.

EXT. OUTSIDE THE HOTEL. DAY.

JESSICA FLAGS DOWN A TAXI. THEY ZOOM OFF…

FADE TO.

SCENE 77.

INT. IN THE MOVING TAXI. DAY

PRINCE:

(Whispering) where are we going?

JESSICA:

Somewhere safe. (Looks at the driver from the mirror reflection) Shhh, you’re in public.

PRINCE:

Look, you’re beginning to get me scared the more. What is going on?

CUT TO.

SCENE 78.

EXT. WITHIN THE HOTEL. DAY.

A POLICE VAN DRIVES INTO THE PREMISES. SOME POLICE MEN, INCLUDING DETECTIVE SHOLA ALIGHTS FROM IT, HEADS FOR THE RECEPTION, IN A MODE AS THOUGH CHASING AFTER A TARGET.

CUT TO.

SCENE 79.

INT. IN THE MOVING TAXI. DAY

 JESSICA AND THE PRINCE ARE STILL IN FLIGHT. THEY’RE APPROACHING A POLICE CHECK POINT. LS… ON THE CHECK POINT, CAM TRUCKS BACK TO THEIR TAXI…

CUT TO.

SCENE 80.

INT. THE HOTEL, RECEPTION. DAY.

      THE OFFICERS ARRIVE THE RECEPTION; THE RECEPTIONIST INFORMS THEM THAT JESSICA HAD JUST LEFT… (NB: every action is mimed… audio is muted, CAM IS DELAYED�"SLOWED DOWN.) THEY TURN BACK IMEDIATELY AND…

CUT TO.

SCENE 81.

INT. IN THE MOVING TAXI. DAY

JESSICA’S TAXI IS NEARING THE POLICE ROAD BLOCK. SHE’S UNREST AND ANXIOUS.

DRIVER:

Madam, are you… is everything alright?

JESSICA:

(Trying to cover up) eh? No, nothing’s wrong. Everything’s fine. Just keep driving okay? (Whispers to PRINCE) what do we do now?

PRINCE:

How you mean? You hiding anything?

 

SCENE 82.

EXT/INT. IN THE MOVING POLICE VAN. DAY.

DETECTIVE SHOLA CHASING AFTER JESSICA, HE’S ON A RADIO CALL.

SHOLA:

Alpha one, this is Tiger three, over… target approaching check-point two right now, situation under control, over… alert the boys immediately. Stop and search every in-coming vehicle, over…

CUT TO.

SCENE 83.

INT. IN THE MOVING TAXI. DAY

Suddenly, the driver diverts into a bush part.

JESSICA:

Wait! What are you doing where’re you going?

PRINCE:

(As if trying to cry) Oh my God! What is happening? Help! Help! Help!

DRIVER:

Relax guys, let’s test the tires. (Increases speed)

CUT TO.

SCENE 84.

EXT/INT. IN THE MOVING POLICE VAN. DAY.

SHOLA:

What? A cab just diverted? Stop it! Stop the cab! Immediately, it’s an order…

CUT TO.

SCENE 85.

EXT. THE POLICE ROAD BLOCKS. DAY.

 THE POLICE MEN MOUNT THEIR VAN, AND BEGINS FOLLOWING THE TAXI.

CUT TO.

SCENE 86.

INT. IN THE MOVING TAXI. DAY

 THE TAXI IS GALOPPING AWAY ALONG THE BUSH PATH. JESSICA AND THE PRINCE ARE SCARED TO THE MARROW. SUDDENLY THE TAXI STOPS SO VIOLENTLY THAT HURT HIS PASSENGERS.

JESSICA:

Driver what is wrong with you? You could have killed us.

DRIVER:

Sorry madam, sorry. It was not intentional. I thought you people were carrying black market na, so I run from trouble.

JESSICA:

You should be sorry for your self…

DRIVER:

(Looking at JESSICA, as if trying to place her identity) wait o, are you not madam senator? The senator’s daughter na. I use to carry you back to the hostel after school sometimes…

JESSICA:

(Pretends not to have an idea of what the cab man is saying.) Excuse me? (CU… ON PRINCE’S FACE AS HE SHOWS GRAND SURPRISE AND ENTHUSIASM)

PRINCE:

(To JESSICA) Jessie? What’s up? With you? What’s that with him? (Sarcastically) never knew your dad later contested for the senatorial as he’d proposed. Wow, so he won? Congrats!

JESSICA:

(Ignoring the prince) so bloody what? (To the driver) what is wrong with you? Why are we stopping here? (The driver remains  mute) will you answer me! Why did you stop the car! Are you deaf? Can’t you talk? (driver brings out a stick of cigarette, lights it and begins smoking. CU… on his face, and the smokes.

              SUDDENLY, a big guy emerges from the bush… JESSICA gasps as she looks at the prince who seems unperturbed about the appearance of the strange guy. The guy walks to the taxi, opens the door (from the prince’s side of the cab)

GUARD:

(Bowing) your highness… (JESSICA is thrown off balance. She looks at the prince as if to confirm what she just heard�"he pretends being absent minded.)

JESSICA:

Your highness? You know them? (Looking into the face of the guard.) You? I see, (to the prince) so this is your plan huh? (The prince begins to laugh)

PRINCE:

(Still laughing) Wow. You can be on your heels forever, honey…

JESSICA:

(In rage, hooks the prince) fine. Now you’ve got me have you not? Okay, eat me then! Eat me up! What are you waiting for? (Subs)

PRINCE:

(Calmly) relax honey, relax. It’s not what you think, I would never hurt you.

GUARD:

Your highness, we have to leave now. I can hear a siren blowing from a distance… look! They’re almost within rage I suppose. The sound is closer and louder now.

 

PRINCE:

(Realizing the information) right. Get in! Let’s leave this place.

CUT TO.

SCENE 87.

EXT/INT. IN THE MOVING POLICE VAN. DAY.

 DETECTIVE SHOLA IS STILL ON THE RADIO. CONTACTING A DISTANT FORCE POST.

                                  SHOLA:   

Alpha one! Target within range, over… yes, my boys are positioned right now. Everything worked as planned. Yes I can hear your burst from here, over. (Off the radio) okay guys, we’re moving in. let’s burst this guys.

CUT TO.

SCENE 88.

INT. IN THE TAXI. DAY.

PRINCE:

Move it, these corps are beginning to bug me now. (The driver remains static)

DRIVER:

So sorry boss, but I can’t. Believe me it wasn’t my intension to do this at all. The money involved is just too tempting and besides the DPO had me by the balls… I’m so sorry your highness…

PRINCE:

What are you talking about? Move this car; the corps are almost upon us! In fact… (Pushes the door open) get down! (To the Guard standing outside the car) get this traitor off the steering. (Guard attempts carrying out the orders, but he was already too late. The driver had already sunk his bullet through his skull.) What?

 

 

DRIVER:

(Pointing his revolver at the prince) Surprised you taught me well boss. (Solemnly) please comport your self and comply with the police okay. This whole thing has nothing to do with you. (Smirking JESSICA) it’s about our mighty Miss Senator’s daughter. (JESSICA faints)

PRINCE:

(tenderly shaking JESSICA) What, wait a minute. What… hey girl, come on. Don’t do this. Stay with me. I won’t let them hurt you okay. Please! Believe me I never arranged for this okay. I only wanted to take you away to a place where we can have a good time together, just the two of us. I meant no harm, believe me.

CUT TO.

SCENE 89

EXT/INT. IN THE MOVING POLICE VAN. DAY.

DETECTIVE SHOLA IS STILL ON THE RADIO. CONTACTING A DISTANT FORCE POST.

SHOLA:

On my count. Ready? Three, two…

CUT TO.

SCENE 90.

INT. IN THE TAXI. DAY.

DRIVER:

Too late my prince. Save your tears. She’ll be revived.  We’ve been surrounded already. There’s no escape for us now. (Seriously to the prince) let’s just hand in this b***h to them and leave, we’ve got so plenty to enjoy.

PRINCE:

(Looking so disappointedly him) how much did they pay you to sell your birthright? How much!!! You won’t get away with this I promise you!

 

The PRINCE calmly evolves a revolver from his back pocket�"without the driver noticing… CU… on the gun.

DRIVER:

Come on my prince, we can settle this amicably. Come on…

PRINCE:

(Shoots him) yes of course, we can settle it amicably�"(bending low to the dying body of the DRIVER) or, don’t you like it this way.) CU… on the bullet wound, the gun, and the dying man’s face. (Guns crack!!!) Wow. (He looks around, and realizes the heavy presence of the police allover the place.)

SHOLA:

Freeze!!! Police! You both are under arrest for murder and impersonation… you’d better remained silent and calm. (Dragging the prince up to himself; then he whispers into his ears) anything you say, do, or hmm… will be held against you in the law court. (Turning to JESSICA) well, well, well. Finally? Hmm. Hello Miss senator. (Puts his cell phone to his ears) hello sir…

CUT TO.

SCENE 91.

INT. THE POLICE STATION, OFFICE OF THE DPO. DAY.

DPO.

Yes detective… where’re you guys now? How was the operation?

V/O. SHOLA:

Cleared sir, mission successful. We have them sir…

DPO.

Them?

CUT TO

 

 

SCENE 92.

EXT. THE BUSH PATH. DAY.

SHOLA:

(Looks at the PRINCE) the young prince sir, he was aiding her escape sir. He even has a murder case to answer too…

CUT TO.

SCENE 93.

INT. THE POLICE STATION, OFFICE OF THE DPO. DAY.

DPO.

Murder? Well, what of the informant? The boys? Any losses?

CUT TO.

SCENE 94.

INT. THE BUSH PATH. DAY.

SHOLA:

(Looks at the DRIVER’s lifeless body ruefully)  I’m afraid yes, sir. We lost the informant and one other unidentified body sir… but apparently sir, we didn’t lose any of our men sir.

V/O. DPO:

Alright, well done. Waiting then, let’s celebrate.

CUT TO.

SCENE 95.

INT. THE POLICE STATION, OFFICE OF THE DPO. DAY.

(Jubilantly) wow! This is good news. The commissioner will be glad to hear this…

CUT TO.

 

SCENE 96.

EXT. THE BUSH PATH. DAY.

SHOLA:

Okay boys, let’s leave this place.

ANGLE ON THE LIFELESS BODIES, JESSICA IS HAND-CUFFED; THE PRINCE IS HAULED INTO THE HILUX.

FADE OUT.

 

SCENE 97.

INT. POLICE STATION. DAY.

                 THE DPO IS IN A TALK WITH THE SENATE PRESIDENT.

DPO:

Your Excellency, you can always count on us… my boys are equal to the task…

SENATOR:

I can see that, it’s great… I really want to see this impostor�"I mean she must be from the darkest part of hell… it’s really appalling, you know, girls of nowadays, they’re really turning the world upside down.

DPO:

Of course your Excellency, (pressing a ringer) the devil of a girl is under our custody. (THE DOOR OPENS, DETECTIVE SHOLA ENTERS, FOLLOWED BY JESSICA WHO’S BEING PUSHED IN BY AN OFFICER) Ehee, there she comes…

CAM�"CU ON THE SENATOR’S FACE.

SENATOR:

(Clears throat) I see, very impressive. Hmm (eyeing Jessica as though sizing her up) wow, I see, very impressive. (To Jessica who’s standing face down) young girl where do you come from? (JESSICA is mute) hmm, I can see she’s now deaf? Very impressive. Any way, (turning to the DPO) great work, a very impressive one at that. Hmm, I shall be taking my leave now. (Stands, eyes Jessica once more) hmm, very impressive.

CAM FOLLOWS THE SENATOR AS HE EXITS THE DPO’S OFFICE WITH HIS ENTORAGE.

DPO:

(To SHOLA) take her back to her room… nice one, you’ve made me proud; what about the other suspects?

SHOLA:

Under lock sir! (Salutes)

DPO:

Good, take her back… remember, handle her with care, this is a federal case.

SHOLA:

Yes sir! (Ordering the other officer) move it!

OFFICER:

(Salutes) yes sir (pushing Jessica gently) move! Criminal. Move!

CAM TRUCKS BACK TO THE DPO, AS HE JUBILIATES…

FADE OUT.

 

SCENE 98.

                      THE SENATOR IS SEATED OVER A BOTTLE OF EXPENSIVE WINE GLANCING THROUGH A NEWS PAPER. CU… ON HIS CELL, AS IT RINGS.

SENATOR: EXT. THE SENATOR’S RESIDENCE, IN A BUSH BAR. DAY

 

(Picks the call) hallo… yes, ooo-oh, commissioner, every thing is alright, very impressive. The girl? She’s doing well too. They brought her to me few days back as I requested. I’m very grateful… in fact I owe you a lot. Hmm, is that so? (Laughs) that’s great. Who said the police is not working? Don’t mind those money bags; they only want to increase their purse that’s all. (Laughs again) alright my dear. Take care.

FS…ON THE SENATOR’S DAUGHTER JESSIE, AS SHE APPROACHES. THE SENATOR BEGINGS SMILING FROM EAR TO EAR. SOON SHE ARRIVES THE BAR, PECKS AND TAKES A SEAT CLOSE TO THE SENATOR.

JESSIE:

Good morning dad… (Sitting closely beside her) how was your night?

SENATOR:

(sipping his drink) hmm, my night was great… you know, it had been a very long week (both laugh) I mean, I wouldn’t have believed it if someone had told me that such a little girl is capable of setting me ablaze.

JESSIE:

Honestly dad, I never knew there was another Jessica Uba until now. (Both laugh again.) My god, girls of today, they can be so mean…

SENATOR:

Of course, are they not your people? Na the same people… (Both laugh concurrently) that girl, there’s something about her… (Ruminating) I mean, there’s something so peculiar about that clever rouge… I mean, she was so impressive. (Trying to cover up some hidden emotional attachments) she’s got guts…

JESSIE:

But dad, you went too far, to even adopt her. Having that kind of a girl around is as good as putting one’s necked finger into a burning flame. No mater what her story was or the reasons she gave for her actions, she should not be anywhere around you… probably she must have had it coming, she’s a schemer dad, a gold digger! Can’t you see?

 

 

SENATOR:

Sweetheart, understand you. But issues like this are often supernatural; this is not just like every other scam, for a girl to have the guts for such a risky ordeal… I mean, she may be of great help to me, my political career you know?

JESSIE:

It’s always about your political career and nothing more. For Christ’s sake daddy, you are a senator of the federal republic, and I am your daughter, your only daughter. This girl can taint your image daddy; can’t you see how far she’s gone already? Come on daddy…

SENATOR:

You get it all wrong my dear child. I’m resigning from active politics by the end of this year, after my tenure… the politics I mean is, the underground politics, behind the stage politics; the politics of the who is who and the cream of the crop. (Laughs) calm your nerves my dear child, I understand where you are coming from. That girl has a lot of unexplored potentials in her, which I (beats her chest) am willing to dig. (Drinks from his glass)

JESSIE:

(Exasperatedly) daddy! What has come over you?

SENATOR:

Nothing my dear, I’m perfectly alright. I’m just trying to impress God.

JESSIE:

You don’t even know her? I mean, what has come over you daddy?

SENATOR:

Just trying to be impressive my dear, very impressive. (JESSIE STORMS OUT) wait, come on dear, are you working out on your beloved father? Hmm, impressive.

CAM FOLLOWS JESSIE INTO THE BUILDING, RETURNS TO THE SENATOR, WHO RESUMES HIS DRINKING AND READING.

CUT TO.

SCENE 99.

INT.  THE SENATOR’S RESIDENCE.  THE KITCHEN. DAY.

                                   JESSICA IS CLEANING UP SOME DISHES. JESSIE ENTERS IN ANNOYANCE

JESSIE:

I see, your plan has hatched hasn’t it? Ms. Senator’s daughter. You think you’re smart don’t you? I have my eyes allover you, don’t you just think you’ve arrived. (Sizing her up) schemer! (Leaving)

JESSICA:

It was never my will to come here… (JESSIE stops; returns) your father did order that I be transferred here. My case is still in court…

JESSIE:

(Sarcastically) hear your self! This house, this kitchen is meant to be your cell room, isn’t it? (JESSICA remains mute) answer me! Aren’t you supposed to be in detention? You better go back to where you’re coming from, just leave us alone! Go! Go! Go! (Screams and storms out)

CAM TRUCKS BACK TO JESSICA WHOSE FACE SHOWS DISTRESS AS SHE RESUMES HER WASHING.

 

SCENE 100.

EXT. THE SENATOR’S RESIDENCE, POOL SIDE. DAY

                  CAM OPENS ON JESSICA AND THE SENATOR AS THEY DISCOURSE… THE SENATOR IS COSTUMED IN SWIMMING REGALIA, AND ALREADY IN THE POOL. JESSICA IS ON NONSWIMMING ATTIRE, SEATED ON A CHAIR BESIDE THE POOL WHILE THE SENATOR TALKED TO HER FROM THE POOL.

SENATOR:

Come on, don’t be shy. Papa will take care of you.

 

JESSICA:

No your Excellency…

SENATOR:

Hmm, hmm. There you go again… call me daddy, come on. I don’t bite. Do I?

JESSICA:

(Giggles shyly) Hmm, no, not at all�"daddy.

SENATOR:

There you are! Impressive! Come on, go in an change into something good, will you? (JESSIE APPROACHES FROM THE MAIN BIULDING. SHE SIGHTS THE DOU OF JESSICA AND HER FATHER, FROUNS AT IT, AND HASTENS HER FOOT STEPS)

JESSICA:

Okay daddy (on her turning she discovers JESSIE’S PRESENCE) hi Jessie, (JESSIE IGNORES HER GREETING)

JESSIE:

(To her father) daddy, I need to speak to you…

SENATOR:

Oh, come on in dear, the water is cool; it can contain more than two. (JESSIE EYES JESSICA MALIGNANTLY)

JESSIE:

In private daddy! (Eying JESSICA) I said in private don’t you get it! Leave us!

SENATOR:

Come on honey, take it easy with her. You don’t have to be so hard, come on. (To Jessica) hmm, my dear please excuse father and daughter for a moment okay? (JESSICA LEAVES CAM FOLLOWS HER, DAILOGUE DIES AS BACKGROUND MUSIC RISES AND SUBSQUENTLY ACTION RESUMES AT THE POOL SIDE)

 

SENATOR:

My dear, that wasn’t impressive at all. That was not the right way to treat a guest.

JESSIE:

A guest? Hmm, that schemer? What are you doing daddy? Has it got to this extent? Swimming with a total stranger? (Regretfully) daddy? What has come over you?

SENATOR:

Now will you stop raising your voice at your father! In fact, I was having a nice time some minutes earlier, so if you wouldn’t mind. I need some time to think.

JESSIE:

Daddy? You walk me out of your presence? For a total stranger? (Bursts into tears as well as turning to leave) God, I can’t take this any longer.

SENATOR:

Women and jealousy, they’re so attached to each other. It’s so unimpressive.

CUT.

 

SCENE 101

 

 

         

 

 

 

       

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 darlinscript


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
Added on January 15, 2013
Last Updated on January 15, 2013

Author

darlinscript
darlinscript

owerri, eastern, Nigeria



About
From a family of four, a Nigerian with a steaming pen. A seasoned playwright, poet, novelist, and scriptwriter. Was guest columnist with The States Man, Frontline, The Strides, National Question, 2009.. more..

Writing
Iressposible Iressposible

A Chapter by darlinscript


chapter two. chapter two.

A Chapter by darlinscript