Saturday Night Brawl with the Axe

Saturday Night Brawl with the Axe

A Story by Eric Darsie
"

Story can also be found at http://vintagedarsie.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/saturday-night-brawl-with-the-axe/.

"

One cold Saturday night, my former roommate, one of my co-workers, and I went to the Red Carpet Nightclub to grab a bite to eat and chat everything old school wrestling. I got my usual, a cheeseburger, a glass of Mello Yello, ice-less, and a glass of scotch. I can't remember what the rest of my group got, you'll understand by further reading.


Anyways, when the three of us usually get together, we discuss wrestling. On this night at the Red Carpet, we discussed the Ladder match for the World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania X with Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon, how “Ravishing” Rick Rude never got a WWF title run and the Ultimate Warrior did, and the “perfect” linage of Hennig family. Whenever we get together, we usually bring a old school theme to the table for discussion and we go hours in heat of discussion, enjoying one anothers company.


When I finished my burger and my Mello Yello, I pushed my plate and glass to my right and seen something odd out of the corner of my eye. It was someone with a bathrobe on, doing the Hulk Hogan poses, directed at my table. I mentioned it to my group and they said they spotted him maybe a minute before, if that. My former roommate, Mr. Beverly Hills, said that he thought he heard a muttering of someone being upset with us talking about how bad we thought the Warrior's title run was.


We tried to ignore him but with no success. Our waiter came up and gave us our bill and asked us to pay as soon as possible because of the drunk person who's trying to have a pose down with us. We did as requested.


After paying our bill, we walked out of the Red Carpet, finishing our conversation to go on our way, then the drunk poser, along with a few of his drunk gang members, followed us and tried to pick a fight with us. We ignored them, once again, but that pissed them off, so they tried to pull the Hulk Hogan/Kevin Nash “Finger Poke of Doom” with us.


Looking at one another, thinking about what we should do, we tried to walk off, once again, but that group of guys jumped us from behind. They numbered us five-to-three, so they were up by two dudes.


Bystanders stood around and watched the 5th avenue brawl and we never had the upper-hand because of the sneak attack. Lucky for us, we only had to survive for about 90 seconds because we seen this grizzly stud of a man chase off these men with an axe! But this was no typical axe, but....


LARRY “THE AXE” HENNIG!


Yes, Larry “the Axe” Hennig saved us from the drunk people attacking us. No, he didn't have any foreign objects other than his hands. We never expected someone famous like Hennig to save us, or us to be saved as fast as we had been. I knew Larry lived someone close to St. Cloud, Minnesota, and had a business in the area, but never expected to see him here, especially downtown St. Cloud.


Right when the drunks ran off, the police came and chased them with a few squad cars and a several police officers stood around, asking us for our side of the story.


Our stories and contact information written down, the police let us go. Larry Hennig brought all of us back to our places. He dropped Mr. Beverly Hills and I off at my place (due to Beverly was spending the night at my place), he shook our hands and told us to stay safe, because if there's a second time, he wouldn't be so nice to them, and to us.


I asked Larry if I could get his phone number for I can call him to talk and keep in touch. He waved and drove off, have the car door slam once he hits the breaks. He yelled out “NO!” because, I thought, he didn't want to be bothered by some young adults who get into fights downtown.


The next morning, Mr. Beverly Hills and I talked about what happened the night before and we couldn't believe our memories. I called my co-worker, Patrick, and he said that actually happened. Patrick said that our brawl made the news.


I hung up the phone and watched the news story on the internet with Beverly Hills. We looked at one another stunned because this seems to be something that Larry didn't want to happen.


We drunk a few cans of Mello Yello and I walked out with Beverly for he can head home for work the next morning. Once we jumped in his car, we seen a car pull into my drive way. Beverly got back out of his car to see if it may been a cop to talk to us. The random car pulled up and stopped right by us. The windows were tinted. Both Mr. Hills and I looked at each other confused and stunned, questioning if it could be “the Axe” Hennig.


The window rolled down, a piece of paper flew out, and the window rolled up. I bent over and grabbed the paper and once I did that, the car drove off. I opened the piece of paper and a number was written on it. Could it of been Larry Hennig's number? I never tried, neither had Beverly Hills.


I never seen Larry “the Axe” Hennig since that Saturday night, Patrick, Beverly, and I never talked about what happened that night, other than when the police called us to finish the case and to let us know they closed the case and charged those drunk guys for starting the brawl. Never again have I been to the Red Carpet because I don't dare to tempt “the Axe,” even at his elderly age. Could it of been something in my scotch? Or my Mello Yello? What about my burger �" was there something in my burger that made me do things I couldn't remember? It doesn't matter other than I learned my lesson and that's leaving legends alone when they live in the Middle of Nowhere, Minnesota. I hope you, readers, learned that lesson too. I don't want you guys to get nailed by “the axe,” because this is your one and only warning from Mr. Hennig.


Truly yours,


“the Dirty Dawg” Darsie

© 2012 Eric Darsie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 7, 2012
Tags: Larry Hennig, Larry "the Axe" Hennig, Mello Yello, St. Cloud Minnesota, Saint Cloud, St. Cloud, the Red Carpet, Scotch, Old School Wrestling Podcast, OSWP

Author

Eric Darsie
Eric Darsie

St. Cloud, MN



About
I'm in love with Jesus Christ! more..

Writing