Love Hurts

Love Hurts

A Poem by Eric Darsie
"

A little something I wrote during the lovely flooding we had in St. Cloud Tuesday, 6/21/11. I was sitting in Atwood waiting to bike home, and I started to think about love.

"
Love Hurts.

Love. Relationships. Commitment. Time alone. Time apart. From others. From people. From friends. Bitterness rages. Anger builds. Uncontentment. Loneliness. Abandoned. Hurt.

 

Unintentionally, I know this mentally, but why do my feelings say that it is intentional? My heart originally leaped for joy and gladness, and it still does, but why is my heart starting to take teams with my feelings, when my feelings are about to lose?  My feelings are fallen and are deceiving, that’s what they’re doing, right?

 

God created love, dating, marriage, friendships, feelings, to be good, but why did sin have to screw it all up? This world sucks to be in it because of sin--being face-to-face with God can’t come soon enough!

 

After a while, my mind starts to believe what my feelings and heart has been telling it.  Once that happens, it’s hard to fight it.  It’s a long battle to capture the purity that once was--at the beginning.

 

Internal battle may turn to an all-out international war. Hurt words sting love ones intentionally when they never meant to hurt the other, the other being me.

 

There’s a reason for this season in my life again. Each time God places a Godly man in my life as a close friend, He places a Godly, wonderful lady in his life, and it works out for the two of them. This “season” keeps coming back and back-hand slaps me and my face is having troubles healing from the open wounds my blood pours out from.

 

Questions formed. Answers unfound. Thoughts created. Feeling broken. New day. New way. For me. This mess. Fallen world. Fallen nature. A new world order. A savior of all. A savior for the world. Jesus Christ.


© 2011 Eric Darsie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on June 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 22, 2011

Author

Eric Darsie
Eric Darsie

St. Cloud, MN



About
I'm in love with Jesus Christ! more..

Writing