Hurts So Bad

Hurts So Bad

A Story by Darth Mulligein
"

This is a short storyish kind of thing. It is a first draft I guess.

"

Hurts So Bad

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. Geez I can’t believe it is already ten am and I have to head to class soon. I glance over and to my shock I see a jacket. Why would there be a jacket in my room? It then hits me, he was over last night. I can’t believe he actually came to my room. We hung out like we used too! It is such an amazing thing that I can barely comprehend the fact that it even happened. I have to return his jacket. I pick it up and head to my car. I guess I’ll give it to him after class. I don’t want to be late.


Wow! Class was so boring. Back in high school I wouldn’t have thought that a class could be this boring. I still have to drop off his jacket. I hope he doesn’t mind me just stopping in unexpectedly. I guess I should text him, but eh that is too much work. It’s just a visit to drop off his jacket. I probably won’t even take my earbuds out.


The drive is short and I arrive at his dorm. He is so lazy. He doesn’t clean up after himself. He even hung his tie on his doorknob instead of putting it in his closet. It isn’t locked so I walk in just enough to toss his coat in. I yell “You left this at my dorm room last night. I tossed it somewhere over there. Bye!”


            That was quicker than I thought. He didn’t even attempt to talk to me or at least lean over to say high. He must have been busy. I mean he might have said something, but I didn’t bother to take my earbuds out.


Later on I get a text from him. What in the world? What does he mean? Why did I enter his room? Why didn’t I just leave it outside his door with a note? Didn’t I see the signal for ‘Do Not Enter’? Geez, it must be another one of those things that pass over my unobservant mind.


I send a question mark back and he just says the tie on the door. Now I am even more confused. I noticed that. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? I tell him that and he just gets frustrated. I can tell over the messages because he just texts quickly ‘IM CUOMUNG OAVER’. He typed it so fast that he couldn’t even fix his spelling. Geez, I am such a spaz sometimes. Something went over my head. All of a sudden he bursts in.


“Geez. Sometimes you are so freaking innocent. I am so sorry you had to hear that when you went in my room.” he says in a rush.


“What? You’re confusing me so much and I didn’t even hear anything. I had my earbuds in the whole time. Can you just slow down and explain?”


“Um, if you didn’t hear anything and you didn’t realize what the tie meant then I am just going to head out. This would be too awkward to explain.”


I whip out my phone as he leaves. I read over the results and I can’t believe my eyes. He did that? I think I am going to barf. I look over and he forgot his jacket. Right as I realizes he walks back in to grab it.


“Oops. I can’t believe I forgot it again.” he says as he awkwardly walks in.


Right at this moment he looks at me and notices the expression on my face and the glow of my phone.


“Oh geez you looked it up didn’t you. Oh no please tell me you didn’t” he says in a rush with distraught written all over his face.


“Please leave.” This is all I can manage to say at this time.


“What? Oh geez you did, didn’t you?”


“I said it as nicely as I could. Get out now. I don’t want to raise my voice.” I say in as quiet of a voice as I can muster at this time.


“Oh no. Oh no. I am so sorry you had to find out.”


“If you really were you wouldn’t have said anything. You would have just let it slide over. NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF MY ROOM!”


He slinks out and I fall down to the ground and start bawling as my roommate walks in.


“Are you okay? I heard you scream.”


I can’t believe I ever felt anything but disgust for him. I can’t believe I started to fall for someone like that. My thoughts are so loud and hard to swallow that I don’t think I can speak.


“No.” It is all I can muster at the moment. She reaches over and hugs me. We stay that way for a while until I can finally talk.


“I just found out he did something and it hurt me so much. I don’t know why. He’s not mine. We are just friends, at least on his end. It hurts so badly. Why won’t it stop hurting?”


“Maybe one day it won’t. Let’s just try and get to that day. The day where it will feel all better.”

© 2018 Darth Mulligein


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on April 6, 2018
Last Updated on April 6, 2018
Tags: Hurts, Bad, Pain, Love

Author

Darth Mulligein
Darth Mulligein

Jacksonville, NC



About
I am a teenager that is just badly writing down the thoughts in my head. more..

Writing