A Mind Full, Be Mndful

A Mind Full, Be Mndful

A Story by Das100
"

A redundancy.

"

The air is different tonight, thought Emily, as she strut down Parrish Avenue in all white. Anticipating another private briefing in front of the moon, elated at the opportunity to escape work one night in the week. Quickening her steps and picking up anxiety for what could be, what would be, and what was, she wondered how soon before things would change for the better. Forcing herself to settle into a slow stroll she began to hum her favorite tune, It wasn't before long that she was belting out Amy Winehouse's Take The Box at the top of her lungs. No wonder all the folks in town thought her crazy, she couldn't help herself. At the edge of Cherry Hill and Vine she came to a complete stop. Creating a small circle with her steps she began a small compulsion that helped calm her fluttered nerves. It had been a while since she'd made the trip to the cemetery this late and she didn't want to let fear get the best of her. Emily then traced her thoughts back to focus on what she wanted, what drove her out in the night so late on a Thursday evening. Patting her left pocket, she mentally checked for the things she had taken from her lovers home. She remembered to cross her chest and pray for prosperity less she lose her wits and her resolve. Emily knew she was smart and she knew she was kind but in the past she had been too eager and so she'd taken her time to get things right this time. Reading between the lines, checking for mistrust, pointing out manipulations, and correcting self centeredness. This time she would get it right, in a way, she knew he'd taken this same trip way before her, in his mind. It was in the way his eyes searched hers, it was the way he stared at her when he thought she wasn't looking. It was in the way that he touched her, how he refused to let his pride hide his sensitivity, it was in the way he trusted her with every aspect of his life and his expectation of the same in return. Searching her handbag for a handle of gin, Emily was happy she hadn't relied too much on her bravado to completes tonight's homage. Taking two shots and grabbing her spliff from her cleavage, she lit the end and inhaled slowly, now she had the motivation she needed to get things done....

© 2016 Das100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on December 29, 2016
Last Updated on December 29, 2016

Author

Das100
Das100

Writing
Good night Good night

A Poem by Das100


Full Circle Full Circle

A Poem by Das100


Undisclosed Undisclosed

A Poem by Das100