Me and The Night.

Me and The Night.

A Poem by Ddraper
"

When I was a child I was afraid of the dark, now as an adult I embrace it.

"

When I was a kid I was afraid of the ominous dark of the weary night,

Common placed shadows were transformed into monsters that viciously engulfed the light.

But as I grew older and the day grew short, I soon realised that not every story were true,

that I was once taught .

And as the cautious curtains were drew, I became ever more curious as to what lie beyond the fabrics that symbolised my curfew.

Trapped under lock and key, I decided to sneak out to brave the wonders of the world that ambiguously awaited me.

To my surprise I was greeted by a peaceful sombre, as I walked for miles and miles, not seeing a single face, nor hearing a single whisper.

I felt as if I was the only person left alive, for the first time I truly understood what was meant by the expression, in the 'dead' of night.

Though there was nothing scary about it, no ghosts nor ghouls, witches or zombies, vampires and wear-wolfs, not a single yobbo wielding a knife.

Just me and the dark, that once imprisoned me in fear, now when I walk the streets alone, deep in thought, I realise, there's no place I'd rather be, than here, with my new friend, the night.

Coz there's nothing scarier than a person who cannot simply just live their life.


© 2016 Ddraper


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on July 15, 2016
Last Updated on July 15, 2016

Author

Ddraper
Ddraper

Essex , London , United Kingdom



About
I am a writer of theatre, film, television and poetry. I specialise in dark comedy's and have had some of my work previously produced. As well as having a passion for creative writing, I am also an ac.. more..

Writing
Vice Versa Vice Versa

A Stage Play by Ddraper


Venus V Mars. Venus V Mars.

A Stage Play by Ddraper