What Is It You Love?

What Is It You Love?

A Story by Debby Pillitteri
"

A short story about a man on television talking about the Law of Attraction.

"
"The nurse left work at six o'clock." Click.
"Weather in Seattle looking-" Click.
"I think we're all a little insane. But in this world of laughter that keeps us in some way sane, we're still crazy enough to be kept apart from other people. And, well, whether you laugh or you don't, there still exists some joy, some smile, somewhere around you that you attracted!"
He pauses and takes a sip, flips his lips inside to dry 'em.
"Take a minute. Right now. What is it you love? What do you really love that every time it enters your life you can't help but feel joy? 'I like strawberry milkshakes, I like jeans and t-shirts. I like hot sauce on my eggs.' I like WHAT? Answer this question now and forever; this is where your focus should be, always on the things you love, the things that make you happy. 
There is something in this world, something we can't see, something we can't taste or hear or touch. At times we can feel it's power inside of us but only when we arrive on it's highest frequency of love."
"That's right," the host says, "And what is this forever-living law called?"
"The law of attraction." He glances to every set of eyes in the audience. "The law of attraction which says that every thought that enters your head also leaves it (Sun 14). Because YOU are the one that makes your life! It isn't by chance and things DON'T just randomly happen to you. That isn't how it works; you're the boss of you and the experiences and people that enter your life. The weather of the place you're at, how your waiter is going to act at the restaurant, how much money you make- it ALL is your responsibility and your choice: the choice of good or bad.
Would you believe that? Isn't that just kind of absurd to hear? That you control everything in your life? I suppose it is, but what use would we be if we had no part to play?
So anyway, back to good and bad. What do you relate to 'good'? Positive, happy and uplifting, ultimately, joy. And bad things would be negative, they make you feel uncomfortable and sad, ultimately, fear- fear of not being happy. So you attract the people, circumstances and events through these different feelings; a happy thought will bring about happy people to walk into your day, where if you wake up and spend your every second complaining and being angry, well, that's the best your day is gonna get."
A hand raises off screen and the man says, "Yes?"
A young man maybe in his twenties stands up. "So, you're saying everything that happens to me, happens because of how I feel?"
"Yes, and also your thoughts, your constant thoughts and repetitive way of thinking. So, if you leave here and you're on your way home and you think 'I hope I don't get a speeding ticket, I hope I don't get a speeding ticket.' Well eventually you're going to get yourself a speeding ticket. Whether you want something to happen or you don't, if you think about it over and over and over again, it's going to happen.
And once you truly understand this law and the way it works, well you'll see your best friend is time, which allows you to realize a negative thought has come to you and lets you immediately replace it with more beneficial thoughts. Which takes me to one of my favourite quotes, 'No matter the amount of negativity you're presented with, five minutes from now could be your best moment..."

© 2014 Debby Pillitteri


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on January 25, 2014
Last Updated on January 25, 2014
Tags: short, story, what, love, law, television, attraction, man, audience, responsibility, choice, control, mod sun, mod, sun, cisco adler, cisco, adler, positivity, negativity, thoughts, feelings