Milano Lace

Milano Lace

A by Donni
"

This is the first paragraph from a piece that I am working on... I've completed about 6 pages, but this is the only one that I am a bit more happy with, any critics are welcome. Note: I haven't been to Milan, I only dream of it....

"

I am drawn to Milano like a sommelier drawn to a vintage Berlucchi; every sight, every sound that emanates from the city is blended to perfection from it’s  modern sensibilities to it’s historical tapestry; altogether a sweet nectar to my senses.  Ancient voices speak sotto voce in my ear as I walk along the cobblestone alleyways filling me in on the titillating tales of adventure, discoveries, wars and legendary lovers. It’s modern inhabitants celebrate its reputation by paying homage to the human form, the deities of the past stand side-by-side with Armani, Prada and Cavalli.  Many may flock to Rome to feast their eyes upon the marble carvings of Michelangelo, but walking along the Galleria, I stand in silent awe of many a well dressed mannequin displayed provocatively behind platted glass store fronts.

© 2009 Donni


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed this piece. I too love Milano. Been the a few times and it is as you describe. Delightful write. phantom.....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have been to Rome,the monument i saw is like nothing i ve ever seen..
what i liked here is the way you tell about it,though you ve never seen it,oh yes these lands knew some wonderful artists of all kind
when you walk the streets you feel strangely like you have flickers of times past,because of the old buildings and the drawings and statues every where
its like a big museum,always remind you of some great times that passed here ,some great people that lived here once,and what great people
this is a wonderful write ,suggesting a great hunger and need to see these places,once was inhabited with those great minds..
i really love your writings ,all stories are really so poetic and a joy to read..
wonderful write..

Posted 15 Years Ago


Enchanting, very visual, i like it. To me, it brings back memories of my own City of Metz France. A very old city from the time of Charlemagne. I can visit my favorite site there, the older church of France, built during the 4th siecle "Eglise St Pierre aux Nonnains".Thank you for sharing. God Bless

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An enticing first paragraph. I found the allusion to the region's history, culture, and atmosphere quite enough to lure me in. It's quite an alluring write so far; I look forward to reviewing the work in its entirety.


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2009

Author

Donni
Donni

Largo, FL



About
Can I write? Yes. But can I write well? Probably not, but I will continue to work at it, because I love the written word- or well written words strung together to convey a great thought. I don't edit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..