Wait For Me

Wait For Me

A Poem by DeevaMarx
"

A struggle between the harsh light of day and the comfort of endlessness.

"

To sit and contemplate the dullness.

The inability to focus on the thing that yesterday made me feel alive. I wish for it to be simple, one way or the other.

Not this twisted game of what I can or can’t do.


I can’t believe I’m back here.

I can’t believe my heart beats so constantly, every thud pulling me deeper and deeper within myself.

Is this madness?

Am I on my way there?

At least I can still breathe, just.


Life isn’t this black, I know that I’ve seen it. I see it.

I crave for the colour but then things go too fast and I want to run back to the black where I can control everything.


Except for escaping the black again.


Each time it’s harder.

I don’t want my sanity just take it away. It’s filthy and everything is shallow when seen through my sain eyes.

How will I wake up in the morning?

Such a hard thing to do, such a simple thing, such a lonely thing. 


I need to get as far away from right here right now as I can.

I can’t see anything else to have at the moment.


Wait for me.

© 2010 DeevaMarx


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wonder how many of us have thought these very thoughts, the ones that involve going insane? The cry to 'take my sanity because I don't want it' is very original, I don't believe I have ever heard that or seen it written, quite thought provoking. Depression is a horrid state of mind and so many suffer from it to the point of suicide...a dark piece, but it really can't be anything else.

Cheers~

Helen~

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"Each time it’s harder.
I don’t want my sanity just take it away. It’s filthy and everything is shallow when seen through my sain eyes. "
The poem is amazing. I had to read a few times. I agree with the logic. Sometime in madness and insanity can we find peace. Thank you for the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


This poem felt like a satin in the wind. It had a light feel that flowed gently. I got the feeling of discomfort, but still an image of daytime and sunshine.

Posted 12 Years Ago


craig spoke it well needing the anonomy of the black but cursing it because it holds Me too...I believe I know this place well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a great poem. Very deep and thought provoking. We have all been here at one time or another. My favorite lines are "How will I wake up in the morning?
Such a hard thing to do, such a simple thing, such a lonely thing." I feel like this most days but I've never thought of putting it like that. Sometimes it is just easier to stay in depression and insanity than to try to climb out. Very well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a longing, heartfelt cry into the darkness.. into the moment.. You paint the world in the shades and shadows, whispering for colours yet comfortable in the grey... Profoundly moving and powerfully voiced.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the way you describe depression as the comfort of endlessness, which is in fact mockingly and ironically true.

I love how you intertwined colours into your feelings, the feeling of wanting to escape from darkness and seeing the colours growing back in front of you.

I know, and I empathize how you feel about this. And it's hard for the mere fact of being alone.... and waiting itself is harder.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I wonder how many of us have thought these very thoughts, the ones that involve going insane? The cry to 'take my sanity because I don't want it' is very original, I don't believe I have ever heard that or seen it written, quite thought provoking. Depression is a horrid state of mind and so many suffer from it to the point of suicide...a dark piece, but it really can't be anything else.

Cheers~

Helen~

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 29, 2010
Last Updated on September 29, 2010

Author

DeevaMarx
DeevaMarx

Australia



About
Hello, I'm a girl from Adelaide, South Australia and have been writing for about 5 years now. I enjoy screenplays the most but also dabble in poetry and novels. I'm very real world/sci fi orie.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Poem A Poem

A Poem by Sean Allen