How Beautiful Are Thy Feet With Shoes

How Beautiful Are Thy Feet With Shoes

A Poem by Delmar Cooper

 How fair and how pleasant you are, O love, for delights!

Unveil as wantons will.

 Drop your robes of green, your robes of gold.

Reveal to me your nakedness.

Stretch out your white limbs, tremble in the air.

There is no skin so smooth, so cool to my touch.

Your neck is as a tower of ivory.

 Come, my beloved, let us go forth into the field.

How fair and how pleasant are you, O love, for delights!

My beloved is white and ruddy,

Come for me Beloved.

 Awake, O north wind; and come now south; blow upon my garden,

Blow away care and garment.

Reveal now beauty cruel and kind wind.

That the spices thereof may flow out.

© 2021 Delmar Cooper


Author's Note

Delmar Cooper
Nature from Solomon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

I loved this! I was eager to see what the next line had in store. I enjoyed how vivid your description of her skin and neck was and how fluidly everything melded together. Lovely write.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Delmar Cooper

2 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. While I have ambitions in the short story department I know I am no poet. Mo.. read more
SheIsMe

2 Years Ago

I feel like those can make the best poems.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
rew
Now, I like this although most, if not all, references escape me.
i do like the way you just jump in, with both feet, as it were, and the sensuality come across quite well although, it seems from my viewpoint that you have used disparate lines and stitched these together to fit the bill.

Having said that it does work well - although, there is one glaring mistake which as I set out to read this it made me think you were merely playing (plus the title doesn't help in making this piece serious)
and the mistake? Using '' wontons '' instead of ''wanton''

However it is your work and there will be things of which I am unaware which compelled you in your direction so I shall shut up now and clear orf!
Now, everything here is meant kindly so
kind regards from rew

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Delmar Cooper

3 Years Ago

Well the Chinese gotta eat too. Good catch.
rew

3 Years Ago

thank you for taking it so nicely
The language is biblically wonderful. It was a great idea on your part to make a connection with the song of Solomon, something I dont have the balls to do. It would be a crime not to mention the sensuality in nature, like the other reviews, but that is the genius in the poem and the whole point.

I have two books on Angel's and demons. Solomon is mentioned quite a bit in them. Supposedly he conjured djinn and other spirits to help build the temple. Very interesting stuff. The song of solomon is the most poetic book in the bible besides the psalms. This outstanding work of yours reminds me it has been a long time since I read them. Maybe I should make it a priority to go over them again. All the best. Hope your enjoying the coming of fall.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Delmar Cooper

4 Years Ago

Thanks for your comments. I suppose my favorite poet, excepting your good self, is King David. I s.. read more
Shoes, good one's mind maketh a woman......A delightful read indeed...................Neville

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Delmar Cooper

6 Years Ago

Thanks Neville, glad you read it.
Neville

6 Years Ago

no problem whatsoever, my pleasure................Neville.
This is what I call fancy writin'. Being ignorant of the various forms of poetry, I will say that this is exhilarating, sensuous and fun to read.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Everyone else saw nature, I saw only sensuality. To me, this poem was about creation; conception... and I loved it. I'd like to keep it somewhere close and read it every day.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Delmar Cooper

8 Years Ago

I borrowed liberally from the Bible. They say steal from the best.
It's very beautiful, describing, great imagery and metaphor. You've certainly have talent, you know. :)

Rudi

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Delmar Cooper

9 Years Ago

Thank you. Kind words from a person of your sensability and talent are priceless.
Rudi J.P. Lejaeghere

9 Years Ago

You know there a great lot op poets who are better than me, but thank you for your kind remarks. Alw.. read more
There are times when the writer is blessed with gift from the rare portion of his divine being. I say this because it is here!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

975 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 23, 2014
Last Updated on January 27, 2021
Tags: fall, sycamore, trees.

Author

Delmar Cooper
Delmar Cooper

Trussville, AL



About
I write- a little. I don't write to reinvent the wheel, or discover fire. I just drag along from sentence to sentence hoping for a spark. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..