Coven Prologue

Coven Prologue

A Story by Demon Alexius
"

A prologue i hoped would become a story called Coven. He was a vampire. He was a vampire killer. He was fear in a form.

"

 

PROLOGUE

 

The butterfly effect refers to the idea that one tiny change, like a butterfly flapping its wings, can alter the path of something larger or more important. In a way this means that whatever one person does can change everything that could ever happen. So on that fateful day that I was created the butterfly effect came into essence yet again, as it does everyday, yet this time it was not something as tiny as a butterfly flapping its wings, this time, I was born. Into the world entered a tiny being, seemingly of all innocence and insignificance, hoped to become something great, but known that he may not. As I grew older I altered the future with each step I took into my older age, I killed and killed, preventing the next generation of ants from being born. And as I breathed in air I probably killed animals and plants far across the ocean.

Nothing would have prepared the world though for the great effect this change would have on the world. The butterfly effect didn’t take into account this kind of change. Species were made to stay that species. It was against all that was earthly to change species, certainly to the one I found myself become. I did not believe in God, I never had, but now proved to show that he perhaps did exist because all species should have a predator and all species should be a prey, just because humans were generally the predator didn’t mean they shouldn’t be prey for once. Everyone deserved to live in fear, except me.

Night was my medium, dark and cold my preferred weather conditions. I lived with my coven deep in the dark and I killed for my coven any where with darkness.

I lived to kill- not humans, others of my kind. I dealt with them- I was a killer. I was successful too, one of the best there was. I had never been caught, I had never been tortured and I had survived for hundreds of years without incident.

Then this new war started, and my life as I had known it, already not quite ordinary was turned around and I was the hunted not the hunter. Although when you try to match the best you do end up getting burnt.

 

© 2009 Demon Alexius


Author's Note

Demon Alexius
I try and try to come up with a story i like. I always come up with an into/prologue that i like, this is because i am picky, if the first page or so isn't what i want i don't continue. So here is a prologue i personally love and hope others do also. It was to be the beginning of a story i wanted to call Coven. It is vampire/immortal. I wanted the main character to be a vampire assasin from one coven against another. I like the idea i had in my head but the plot fell apart and my ideas disintegrated. Any ideas of where to go or anything would be much appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on March 15, 2009

Author

Demon Alexius
Demon Alexius

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Hey, It's Demon, i write a range of stuff, recently I've been trying to write some stories based on the idea of Immortals or just based on my group of friends. I also write a little erotica from time .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Demon Alexius