Vampires Evolve Too

Vampires Evolve Too

A Story by Demon Alexius
"

Just a prologue that was religous sounding and i linked into vampires preying on humans.

"

Prologue:

If God came down to you and told you himself that he wanted you to go on a journey to the ends of the earth and find yourself and when you returned that you would know what your purpose was, would you do it? Before you even thought of doing this, how would you know this was God? Did he float in front of you, have a beard, wear a robe? Well that might be Neptune, or Poseidon for all you know, and then maybe your God doesn’t exist after all, or maybe all gods exist, maybe all religions are really one, and all the gods sit up in the roof of the world and look down with pity upon the people who believe only in their own religions. Surely if this was the case the Romans were the closest to achieving unity as they allowed people to worship more than just their own religion, and surely the Christians are furthest from this.
So in this there are certainties and uncertainties for people insistent upon believing in a god or more than one god. There is the certainty that a god at least exists but there is the uncertainty of how many and whether they are specific or just a general sense on the roof of Earth.
What about the non-believers? The atheists? Are they wrong? Misguided? Or are they right? Is there the chance that perhaps no god exists, all gods doings are just a perceived view of luck, coincidence and nature? Nature certainly has proof behind it, so that rules out Jupiter and Zeus and their lightning bolts. But what about luck and coincidence? Surely believing in a greater power controlling things around you to help you isn’t wrong? But surely not believing in anything is also not wrong?
So if God created the heavens and the earth and all creatures, great and small, then he deliberately created predators, and prey. This means that it is a natural occurrence for something to die, it is natural for a human to die for instance. Then why do humans think so highly of themselves? Their gods are not so powerful if they cannot stop them dying, their gods are obviously in a agreement that the balance of nature should take course, the gods of the sea don’t deny sharks their food because fish are dying, that is the way of life.
Then why is it that humans are always the predator? They have evolved, they have technology they say, of course, a lion or a tiger or any number of animal could wipe them out in a flash without their precious weapons, but even those great predators of the wild will fail faced with a gun, or a sword or any other weapon.
When humans evolve to outwit, out create, and completely overtake the rest of the animal and natural world, they can only expect some other creature to power ahead in chase. That is only fair, the way of the world. So they shouldn’t complain when we come a knocking at their door and their weapons, their technology doesn’t work, or their preying to a god they believe in and we don’t doesn’t, we’re stronger, better and don’t frighten easily, we’ve evolved too.
 

© 2009 Demon Alexius


Author's Note

Demon Alexius
I seem to get these prologues how i like them, alot. I want this to become a story between humans, and super vampires i suppose, these guys aren't affected by silver, sunlight, crosses, stakes all the usual, garlic, etc. They are incredible. Humans can't kill them, they are ruthless also. What do you think? Any ideas for a main character or plot line?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This one I like very much. It's very good and it raises some very interesting questions about religion. I think I'll bring them up in my class at some point if you don't mind.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Demon... Read Anne Rice's "Blood and Gold" ( if you haven't already) it might give you some ideas on how to develop this further. Here is the basic plot line. There are vampires, ancients they call them who after so many years are no longer afflicted by the ailments of normal vampires. They can go out in the day light though their powers are weaker. Dracula had this same ability. He could walk around in human form but he wasn't as strong as he was at night.
So here is a potential plot line for you... Vampire (ancient) created during the time of Mesopotamia. This is the first time (that we know of) that humans actually wrote something down. The Law of Hammurabi. This is also the first known human civilization more than ten thousand years ago. This could be your main character.
Hope this helps...

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 24, 2009

Author

Demon Alexius
Demon Alexius

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Hey, It's Demon, i write a range of stuff, recently I've been trying to write some stories based on the idea of Immortals or just based on my group of friends. I also write a little erotica from time .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Demon Alexius