FEELETH

FEELETH

A Poem by Demosthenes
"

I read a poem and felt compelled to respond. It touched a nerve and so I believe this is well deserved. With all due respect and humorous sentiment at heart, I wrote this direct in the hopes of a start. A dialogue of sorts a connection of two. I'm interes

"

FEELETH

Man, feeleth. Let the pumping flow of all below ring loud and clear. From toe to toe, let your heart tow its weight, feelings carried great.

Man, feeleth. Desire and emotion lay stretched out afore you. The path is paved and set abroad; peace, the end, awaits. All things needed lie inside.

Man, feeleth. Deep fundamental passions lie center-point to all there is and ever was.  

Man, feeleth. Let your heart be known, be heard, and from it learn. Let all your heart be felt; deeply discovered. Let its nature surge from core and crevice, to tongue and lip, to words whipped freely flowing meanings true.

Man, feeleth. Let nothing cloud true sentiment. Know thyself and thy heart befriend. Forget the laws and ledger hands of wizened figures aged old and grey. Follow it true and guided you shall remain.  

Man, feeleth. What meaning is there but what the heart dictates? Why does one thought seem preferable to another? Does the mind decide, or is it behind the mind where decisions lie?  

Man, feeleth. Is to be human to be pure logic and rational? Is not thought but some highly defined and limited rind of meaning? Is not all manner of meaning shaped and known by all that is felt true?

Man, feeleth. Words are symbols, are scribbling scrawls of shapes and forms to take and remake the meanings within. Thoughts are symbols, are wisps and strands of silver mirrored intents. Heart, the depths, the core of human existence.  

 

© 2009 Demosthenes


Author's Note

Demosthenes
Feedback? Constructive criticism preferred.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you. This is the very first time that a fellow writer has devised an entirely new piece as a response of sorts to mine. I sincerely appreciate the fact that the poem actually struck a nerve in you. I get the feeling that it just might be better than mine. Very, very well done. I absolutely admired it.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 16, 2009

Author

Demosthenes
Demosthenes

About
"Me" How to describe all of me? How to sum up all the rushing rapids, twists and turns, roaring white waters, heart stopping falls of weightless terrors and stagnant muddy creeks of my life? .. more..

Writing
Pregnant Pregnant

A Poem by Demosthenes