Two Choices

Two Choices

A Poem by Derek Barnes
"

She was torn between me and a jerk. She chose the jerk.

"
You don't need to proceed closer towards my heart/ you seek to ruin it so please remain right where you are/ two choices have appeared before your eyes/ I tell you the truth and you believe his lies/ beware of where you begin to pour your love out/ cause I refuse to build you up when you willingly let him tear you down/ his motives you question to such a great extent/ and mine clearly are to make you happy until the end/ your time is precious but, don't forget that mine is to/ bright or dark days, which do you prefer to go through/ feel free to make all the excuses you wish/ when things crumble around you, don't think you can reverse this/ the decisions you make will have a long lasting impact/ tell me, misery are you prepared to deal with that/ you say you have before but, when you look back in the end/ you'll think back to me and just have to imagine what could have been..

© 2017 Derek Barnes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good expression of your feelings;-]

Posted 6 Years Ago


sounds like this would be a wicked rap neat piece off work

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 31, 2017
Last Updated on August 31, 2017

Author

Derek Barnes
Derek Barnes

Iuka, MS



About
Writing poetry is my passion. Hope to meet others who share this passion. more..

Writing