Competition #1

Competition #1

A Story by DescriptionGeek
"

So many emotions raced in my head, but one was stronger, louder, than the others.

"

So many emotions raced in my head, but one was stronger, louder, than the others. Pain. I lay in a distorted heap of human and cloth, my heart beat slowing by the second. This was it, I told myself fearfully. My eyelids now feeling too heavy to open, I felt all my past efforts flood out of my weakened body.

 

As I lay in the many feet of snow, slowing numbing my bodily temperature, I could blasts of fire burning its way up my body. Gently, I tried to ease myself up. This just caused me to scream out. Surrounding me was the deep scarlet blood that was cascading from my many wounds. How had this happened?

 

Despair, fear, anger, pain… All of these fierce emotions were brewing inside me, boiling up. The winter chill surrounding me bore through me as it snatched away my life. Crisp, pure snowflakes landed on my body as I heard those murderous creatures finally leave.

 

As I attempted to sit up, a searing blast of pained raced up my spine. I laid back down into the ever still numbing ice surrounding me, trying with as much energy as I could muster, to block out the unbearable fighting against my body. It looked this was where my life was going to end…

© 2013 DescriptionGeek


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Short, but good. I like how you managed to put so much detail in describing what was racing through the character's head. It kind of makes me interested to know what actually happened to them. Nice job. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
1 Review
Added on August 17, 2013
Last Updated on August 17, 2013

Author

DescriptionGeek
DescriptionGeek

About
"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" I am a young teenager who adores reading and writing. The majority of my writing which I have posted on the internet has been for the sight- Wat.. more..