Repunzel

Repunzel

A Story by Deseret
"

a reworking of Rapunzel for a class

"

      Once upon a time there was a women who used to love her husband very much.  But now they only loved each other in the night time and her heart grew very cold towards him.

      Then she became pregnant and they did not even love eachother in the night time anymore.  And her belly was growing fat.

      Once day, nearly when the nine months were over she took an icepick and shoved it through her husbands skull.

       The nest day the police came and saw her lying down next to her cold and bloody husband so they took her to a place where she would never be near icepicks again.

     needless to say her baby girl could not stay with her in this place. So some scientists came and took her away with the garentee that she would lead a happy and productive life with out the shadow of her mother's deeds on her own.

      they took her to a tropical island where they kept in seclusion, almost like a nun. Where she learned literature and history and math and science.  She didn't particularly like any of these things, but they also taught her how to sing, which she could that better then anyone else on the entire island.

      One day, shortly after she had turned sixteen Ramona, for that was her name, was walking on the beach after she had finished her lessons and her tests and helping some of the scientists with their other projects when she saw something on the beach she had never seen before.

      She ran closer to examine it and she was shocked by the beauty of him,  she knew he was a male, for there were male scientists among those who cared for her, but as she checked his breathing and heart she couldn't help wondering over his sheer gorgeousness.

       She had thought that all males were slightly saggy or balding and that for some reason they all needed glasses.

       But not this one.  He was her age.

      she dragged him away from the hungry waves and ran to get help.

      The scientists swept him away in a wave of medical care and she couldn't get in to see him again before the helecoptor took off, carrying him away forever

     And that was the end of that. or so she thought.

    The next time she went on he walk he was waiting for her, at first she was frightened by his haggard apperance and would have run away but he grabbed her hand and held her tight until she wasn't so afraid of him anymore.

    He told her how his cruise ship had hit a reef and sunk and he alone had been able to swim to shore.

    then he told her of how the scientists had been cruel to her, making her stay apart from the world and he asked her to come away with him.

    She refused. She was happy here but he persisted and she agreed to bring him a few supplies every day until he could sneak off the island on the next ship.

   she was true to her word and brought him food everydayand everyday he told her how bad the scientists had been and asked her to come away with him.  And everyday she told him no.

   until one day she agreed, the scientists had been bad to her, she didn't want to be apart from the rest of the world anymore.

    then he asked her to bring some money with her. the scientists had plenty, and with a little bit of money they could have a happily ever after.   

    She told him no. but then he kissed her hard and soft on the mouth and she just couldn't say no anymore.

    She transfered alot of the money to his accoundt using one of the bif computers in the lab. using all of their buget that was meant to last two more years.

    And then they snuck out on the supply ship.

    And she though they would live happily ever after but a ship's mate discovered her and shouted for the others to come.

   She tired to make him be quiet but in the struggle his neck snapped between her hands.

   but the others came anyway and took her to a place where she would never have to see a ship's mate again.

   She kept on thinking that the man would come and save her because they hadn't found him too.

   but the longer she waited the more she was dissapointed. they put her in a dark place with bars instead of one wall. Prison? she had read about such places.

    Until one day a scientist came to get her, an older women named Gothel. and Ramona cried confessing everything to her. Gothel cried too, and although she took her out of the dark place and brought her into a high bulidling where Gothel lived they could not go back to the island because all the money was gone.

© 2009 Deseret


Author's Note

Deseret
just a first draft, tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on January 22, 2009
Last Updated on January 22, 2009

Author

Deseret
Deseret

About
I write because that's how i breathe, i wouldn't survive if i stopped. :-) more..

Writing
Caliban Caliban

A Story by Deseret


Awake Awake

A Story by Deseret