My Saving Grace

My Saving Grace

A Poem by Alyssa

A glistening sheen blankets my brow, from nightmares I awake.
Twisted dragons and sinister shadows, dark remembering dost cause me to shake.
A ragged sigh torn from my trembling lips,
A tear dashed away with unsteady fingertips.
But with a kiss to my crown and a gentle squeeze, my dragons are slain.
And from my haven, sinister shadows dejectedly wane.
A reassuring smile and an awarding kiss, I lay me back down.
And across my face, you’ll see not a frown.
For there are no dragons in dreams, no shadows to fight.
Just an engulfing ease, and constant delight.
For here is my hero I’ve always dreamt of.
Whom with arms open wide, pledges his love.
Be it in day or dream, he’s never far.
My love for him, nothing could ever mar.
And just as many nights passed, I am his woman wrapped in his embrace.
And he is my only love, my saving grace.

Alyssa Gandolfi

© 2008 Alyssa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love your discriptions. I could imagine it perfectly. Very deep. I love it, and thank you for allowing me to read something like this

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a very touching poem. The initial fears of waking from a horrible dream--quelled by the gentle kiss and warm embrace of a lover. Very well written--the imagery is very strong.

Thank you for a great read.
Josh

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jon
I don't read this as being about a father myself - but more about a lover. Really nice use of language - I enjoyed the wide vocabulary and the way you knitted your words together so smoothly. I thought the first line was captivating which is why I read on - and really enjoyed the whole piece. Could be worth reviewing the sylable count on some of the paired lines - but overall a great write ;)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Seems like to me a little girls bedtime fears, with her saving grace, (knight in shining armor) would be this little girls dad holding her embracing her, to ensure that she has no more fears. Good write.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2008

Author

Alyssa
Alyssa

About
I've been writing for many years. And through everything that has come and passed in my life...writing has always been the only constant, neverending peace to my mind. I am also a dancer. I am a profe.. more..

Writing
Dawning Hours Dawning Hours

A Poem by Alyssa


Dreamland Dreamland

A Poem by Alyssa