Misconceptions

Misconceptions

A Poem by Moonflower

Cold
and Apathetic

maybe...

this is his perception
of our world.

a twisted mutant of
what used to be so
beautiful...

it stands in an awkward
stance..
ready for action..

or maybe its just there
to remind us of
our selves.

© 2010 Moonflower


Author's Note

Moonflower
This is meant to be percieved from the readers point of view.
The inspiration was a sculpture created out of junk and garbage by a homeless man.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like the last line of this poem "Or maybe it's just there to remind us of ourselves." It makes you think. Interesting poem, great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Before the explanation I took this as what happens when a relationship sours while pretending everything is fine... the ugliness stands there, obvious, but the involved go on pretending they can ignore it... obviously I was way off, lol...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Everyone has its own point of view, their perspective depends on their experiences.
We see differently everything in this world, that the perspective alone is life itself!
We will always be what we are according to our perspective.
Great poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


Again, your stripped, stark mode, and good choice for the material.

Given the prevalence of junk/garbage culture and literal environmental junk/garbage, the point is well taken. Of course, the homeless guy probably didn't intellectualize this -- he just had an undying urge to make something out of what remained, despite the starkness of his situation.

The strength of this quiet, understated piece is the simultaneity of meanings, an amplification of the semi-developed awkwardness of the human condition.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice job. It made me think about somethings. Good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


Like a reader before me, I really enjoyed the ending. It gives you so much to think about. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great job. Made me think about the world nowadays. Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Damn. you keep surprising me. Awesome poem ... especially the ending. Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's interesting.

Posted 13 Years Ago


That's great!
Start with readers point, that's a good idea!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 11, 2010
Last Updated on August 11, 2010

Author

Moonflower
Moonflower

Louisville, KY



About
Hello :) My name is Desiree. What brings me to this website is my love for poetry and storytelling. At this time I consider myself more of a poet, than a writer or author. I do not have the pa.. more..

Writing
New New

A Poem by Moonflower


Sheets Sheets

A Poem by Moonflower



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Red Red

A Poem by .