Have You Ever Seen A Monkey Fly?

Have You Ever Seen A Monkey Fly?

A Story by Desiree S.
"

I saw a monkey fly! :D

"

It was a hot summer day, about a year ago.  My family and I were going on a little trip on an airplane.  Everyone was in the airplane and the pilot had just took off the fasten your seat-belt sign.  As soon as he made the announcement I heard “EE-EE-OO-OO-EE-OO”.  After hearing this all of the passengers looked around just to see if the pilot was playing a joke. When I stepped into the cockpit I saw not a man, but a monkey flying the plane.  My sister Terry, who has dark brown hair, was following me into the cockpit.  When she saw the monkey she screamed because she was so frightened.

The monkey was brown, hairy, well cut and trained.  The monkey as well was as frightened as were we because he let go of the controls.  As soon as the monkey let go the plane started to do a nose dive and spin round and round.  I felt so sick that I threw up, then my sister threw up and it smelt so bad that even the monkey threw up.  Finally the monkey got control of the airplane but by this time everyone on the plane was sick. Once the plane and all of the passengers had settled down I was finally able to think straight about what to do.  I grabbed the radio and called out to the airport for help. 

After explaining that a monkey was flying the plane the controller replied, “Don’t worry, he is one of our best pilots, and we only have to pay him in bananas!” 

I was in such disbelief; I didn’t know what to do so, I just walked quietly back to my seat.  After, an hour, the monkey put the plane on auto-pilot and came back to see how I was doing.  He repeatedly asked me the same question, “OO-OO-EE-OO?”  I had no idea what he was saying, until my sister blurted out “ARE YOU OK??”  I couldn’t believe it, could my sister actually be able to speak and understand monkey?  How could something like this be possible I thought?  Maybe she really wasn’t my sister after all.  Maybe our parents didn’t call her a monkey growing up because she was hyperactive.  Maybe she really was a monkey.  I couldn’t take it anymore; I covered my ears, closed my eyes and began to scream.  Just then there was a loud thump and the plane shook back and forth.  The plane had just landed, I looked around and everyone including my sister was starring at me for screaming.  It had all just been a dream, but it seemed so real.  Then I said to myself, “have you ever seen a monkey fly?”

© 2012 Desiree S.


Author's Note

Desiree S.
This is another one of my works I wrote, when I was 11. I had to make some revisions, I think I may come back and make some more...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fantastic narration!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 30, 2012
Last Updated on January 30, 2012

Author

Desiree S.
Desiree S.

Neverland, KS



About
Hi, my name is Desiree Stalls and 15 years old. I go to an online school part of K12, its called Lawrence Virtual School. I have been writing ever since I can remember. I find writing as a passi.. more..

Writing