A Melody of Flames: Episode one Give him a Party or It Is My Death

A Melody of Flames: Episode one Give him a Party or It Is My Death

A Screenplay by Felicia
"

This is the first episode of my animation Melody of Flames. I know there is tons of errors. This is just the first copy. Enjoy

"

(Starts out showing the outside of Milli High School. There isn't much to it. Graffiti all over the trash cans, the flag pole. Everything that once was a pretty pearl white is now defaced with gang signs and profane gestures. The trees are losing their leaves because Autumn is just around the corner. It is mid September and there is a gentle breeze. Some leaves fall on the ground from the torn up trees. Shows the school archway. There is various colorus of spray paint on the stoop of the school. The doors and windows seem the be the only clean part of the school. A man in a custodial uniform walks up the stoop and has a long mop with him and a yellow bucket. He scratches his head and puts the mop in the bucket let it get all soaking wet and pulls it out and scrubs the stairs of the stoop. It guides up through the windows peering into classroom here and there and now it goes through the biggest window which is the window that the hallway looks out of. it goes through the window and down the hall. All over the walls is crape paper with events going on. School play, sports, clubs, assemblies. You think of it there is an event for it. There is so many events that happen at Milli High that the maintenance is very low. The lights are dim and flicker on and off every once in a while. The paint is chipping off the walls so here and there you will see some orange paint seeping out. The school was built in the 60's and that was their choice of paint to make it bright. Now it is an ashy white because it hasn't been painted in 20 years. It continues to go down the hallways and to the right where there is no lighting at all. It is very dark and eerie. It goes into down the hallway you can hear mick squeaking in the walls. It goes towards the door on the right and through the crack of the opening into the classroom. The classroom is dark. There is very few kids in the classroom. The desks are in a semi circle shape facing the front. There is a teacher he is heavy set man around the age of 40 in baggy tattered clothing. He is at the front writing on the whiteboard on blank lines where the overhead projector is shining at. It goes over towards Aidan sitting in a desk next to a broken bookcase and torn up blinds on the window. Shows Aidan. She is wearing a white collars shirt and a red plaid skirt. She has shaggy black hair about mid length and she is pale and bright blue eyes. She is looking at her notebook and drumming a beat.)

Mr. Samth: So class you just move the X to the left and you move everything to the right and-

(He starts twitching from each hit of Aidan's drumming pencil. He winces and goes over to Aidan's seat. She is in her notebook writing now. He hovers over her for about 10 seconds until she looks up and hits her face on his stomach.)

Aidan: (muffed voice and keeping her face on his stomach) Hello Mr. Samth may I help you?

(Mr.Samth steps back and Aidan exhales deeply. Mr.Samth takes Aidan's notebook away from her and looks through it. Aidan hides in herself in her seat)

Mr. Samth: (he is flipping through the pages of the notebook and his eyes widen. Then he throws the notebook across the room.)

I don't like you writing that ghastly whatever you call that in MY class.! Especially not with that freak writing! Do your math work not that Satanic writing. I'm having your father pick this up right away! Lutian! Pick up that black Devil book and take it to the office. Say some prayers to God while you are walking up there! (mumbling as he is walking back up to the front.) Sorry for that outburst everyone. Miss Apollo really needs to keep her writing in English. And not have the lowest grade I have ever had in my class.

(the class snickers)

Mr. Samth: Now class please copy down this problem.

(He looks over to Aidan that is looking over at the window.)

Mr. Samth: (yellsTo Aidan.) MISS APOLLO. Pay attention and write your notes and become more of a failure than you already are!

Aidan: (Looks over to Mr. Samth. and says in a shallow voice). I can't Mr. Samth.

Mr. Samth: (Yelling) Why not Miss Apollo?

Aidan: You had Mr. Lutian take my notebook up to the office. It had my math notes in it and my pencil.

(The class is snickering again)

Mr. Samth: (His face gets red with anger.) Damn it girl! Stop sassing me. To the office with your Devil book!

Aidan: (Getting up from her seat.) I guess that means you don't want me to learn today do you Mr. Samth?

Mr. Samth: (Pointing towards the door. ) OUT NOW MISS APOLLO.

Aidan: Byyyye! (She walks out of the classroom and down the hallway. She keeps walking down and trips over a crack on the ground. She stumbles and straightens herself up again. As she is going through her voice over she walkings forward for 15 seconds then turns left and walks that about 5 seconds then at the end of her voice over she is at the office opening the door )

Aidan: (voice over) Another lovely trip to the office. Not my first time up there and it is not going to be my last. I don't understand why my teachers do this. Mr. Samth isn't the only one that does it. All my teachers do. My English teacher doesn't though. Mr. Jamieson he treats me like a person. I guess it is because I am his foster daughter he does that. But why do the other teacher's treat me that way. I'm not dumb. Sure, I suck a math, I'm not the most atheltic person out there. I can blow a place up and probably find the cure for Cancer and write a 1000 page novel. I'm not dumb like Mr. Samth said. I'm not the devil. Screw him. I'll show him one day I just know it.

(She is about to reach for the front door of the office and the door hits her in the face. She falls to the ground. A tall man around 40 with black hair very slim pale and bright blue eyes holding papers is above Aidan freaking out. He drops his papers and goes next to Aidan.)

Mr. Jamieson: OH GOD! Aidan sweetie are you alright? I didn't see you? Are you okay. AIDAN ANSWER ME! Are you okay!

(Aidan is holding her head and wincing her eyes then she looks up at Mr. Jamieson and sits up.)

Aidan: Mr. Jamieson I'm fine I'm fine. Not my first meeting with a door you know that. We met each other a few times before. I think him and I are become really good friends.

Mr. Jamieson: So the door is a he? I guess I should watch out for him then. (Chuckles) Are you sure you are okay?

Aidan: (Starting to get up) Yes I am Mr. Jamieson. I'm fine. The door and I are just friends. Why did you look like you were such a big rush?

Mr. Jamieson: (Stands Aidan up and starts to look around) No-no reason. I just felt like hitting my favourite student with a door.

Aidan: You always look like you are in a mad rush Mr. Jamieson. You are hardly at the school. How do you even keep this job?

Mr. Jamieson: Shouldn't you be picking something up Aidan. (Holding open the door)

Aidan: (Walks through door way still looking at Mr. Jamieson and still holding her head.) It's not nice to keep secrets Mr. Jamieson. (Walking into the office.)

Mr. Jamieson: (He smirks while holding open the door.) I'll see you later Aidan. Make sure to stop by at the home if you want to talk.

Aidan: Will do Mr. Jamieson.

(Aidan walks into the office. The office is a mint green colour. there is 3 desks. the main desk with an old woman with very light colours blonde hair. And the two desks in the back. one n the right has no one in it and the one of the left has a young looking brown haired girl. Aidan sits down at a table next to the window that is one the right and starts to drum on the table waiting.)

Desk Lady : Why are you up here Miss Apollo? This is the 4th time this week Aidan.

Aidan: Mr. Samth had my notebook brought up here again.

Desk Lady : Well this is your notebook right here. (Holds up a torn up notebook) But you have to get it picked up by your dad.

Aidan: (Her eyes open wide and she starts to have a panic in her voice) Why? Why is this time any different? Why does he have to pick it up? He is probably busy why can't I just take it and go back to class?

Desk Lady: I let it go too many times Aidan. I'll get in trouble if I do it again. They say a parent or guardian has to pick it up. I don't make the rules Aidan. Stop getting caught with it.

Aidan: A guardian? Mr. Jamieson can pick i up! I'll go get him. (Starts to get up out of the seat.)

Desk Lady: No Aidan. It has to be your Father. Mr. Jamieson is not your legal guardian. Now sit down and wait for your father. I'm sorry Aidan.

Aidan: (Under her breath she mutters) Damn it.

(A 20 seconds go by and it goes around the office showing the pictures of students. Pictures of people in sports and other clubs. Then it stops at a picture of Aidan holding her notebook in her arms and next to her is Mr. Jamieson with his hand on her shoulder. Under the picture a tiny gold plate says. "Aidan Apollo. First time winner in World Poetry Contest from Milli High School" 5 seconds later a loud crash from the office front door happens. Shows towards the door and there is Aidan father. Louie standing at the door. He looks angry and his eyes are bloodshot. He is wearing baggy and dirty clothing.)

Louie: (Drunk slurring) Where is that little prissy daughter of mine! Ugly b***h, why was I called up here!

Desk Lady: (Standing up from her chair and walking to the front of the office.) Why Mr. Apollo!

Louie: I'm not Mr. Apollo! I don't go by that stupid name. I'm Louie Maine!

Desk Lady: I'm sorry Mr. Maine. I just thought you were Aidan's father she would have taken your last name.

Louie: No way that emo b***h is gonna get my last name! I'm Louie Maine!

Desk Lady: Mr. Maine, Your daughter had her notebook taken away from her again. I don't know how many times this has happened but she needs to stop writing this obsence poems durning class. Here it is (Hands Louie the notebook.)

Louie: (Takes the notebook and then goes over to Aidan and pulls on her wrist to pull her up.) Come on you emo b***h! I'm taking you home and showing you a lesson!

(Louie and Aidan walk out of the office and out to Louie's beat up red truck. Louie slams Aidan against the truck and beats her against her head.)

Louie: If I am ever called up to this school again I'm cutting your damn hand off! Filthy b***h. Get into the cab.

(Aidan stands there shaking and not moving a step and looking towards the ground. Louie grabs the collar of her shirt.)

Louie: I said get in the cab!

(He pulls her over to the cab and opens the cab door and slams her against it.)

Louie: GET IN NOW! I'm having a party later and I don't want to be late getting ready for it!

Aidan: (Whimpering from pain.)

(Aidan crawls into the cab and sits against the back of cab by the window. Louie goes into the driver's side and gets into seat. Aidan is sitting with her knees pulled up to her chest. Louie pounds on the window and Aidan jumps. Louie is laughing. They pull out of the parking lot and Aidan's introduction starts.)

Aidan: (Voice over) This is my everyday life. If it is not getting yelled that it is abuse if it isn't abused I'm on the street for a week in a town 20 miles away trying to get home. This is my life. I'm Aidan Leto Apollo. I'm 16 and I'm a poet. I live with my dreadful father Louie Maine. I have no idea who my mama is, she died when I was 3. I don't even know what she looks like. I hope I look like her because I clearly don't look like Louie. Most of the time if I am not home which is 99% of the time. I am at Mr. Jamieson's house who lives 3 houses down from me. I visit him so much he is my foster dad. He even runs a foster care. I run to him if my dad starts yelling at me before he can even touch me. Mr. Jamieson is the greatest man I have ever met. He is like a father to me. I even call him Daddy sometimes when I'm totally into something and it slips out. He just smiles, I think he likes it. I know he had a son around my age but I don't know what happened to him . I think his name was Arron but I could be wrong. I wonder what did happen to him. I hope I get to meet his son one day, he sounds a lot like me. Maybe I will have a brotherly figure. Haha I wish. I need a big protector sometimes against Louie. I'm not looking forward to this party. I know something bad is going to happen. Most likely it will happen to me. I should just stay in my room all night.

(The trunk comes to a screeching stop in front of a brownish white house. Louie comes out of the truck and pulled Aidan's arm and she hits the side of the cab hitting the already burised forhead from the door earlier. He laughs and walks inside the house. Aidan drags herself to the end of the cab opening the door. She pushes her hair behind her ears and opens the cab door and jumps out. It shows her feet and the road. Goes to the next scene. Aidan is on her bed with headphone on and writing in her notebook. There is heavy bass and her room is shaking. 5 seconds later her lights go out.)

Aidan: Damn it you freaking idiot! ugh!

SFX: shuffling through a drawer.

(A tiny flame from a lighter goes on and Aidan starts to walk towards her door. There is a bunch of angry people screaming. when she opens her door. She makes her way down the hallway and down the stairs. She has to push her way through several drunk people and then makes it to a black box on the wall next to the back door. She opens it and flicks a switch then the lights come on again. Everyone cheers and goes back to dancing. Aidan tries to make her way back to her room but a guy in dark blue clothing starts to run into Aidan.)

Aidan: Sorry excuse me.

(The man stays standing there.)

Aidan: Excuse me! Can you here me! I want to get out of the room! Please move.

(The man grabs on to her shoulders and presses her against the wall.)

Man: You are not going anywhere sweetie. You are coming home with me. Damn you are fine.

Aidan: (moving around) Please let go. I don't want to go with you anywhere. Let me go!

Man: Mmm baby, I like the fighters. Come on let's go baby.

(He grabs her shoulder and starts to pull her out the back door.)

Aidan: Let me go you creep! (She breaks free of the man's group and runs up the stairs and is about to close her door. Her father comes through the along with the man in dark blue.)

Louie: Stop being a buzz kill Aidan. All he wants to do is have fun. He wants to have fun with these. (He grabs her breasts.)

Aidan: (Screaming) Don't touch me you drunk b*****d! Get out of my room! you and your creeper friend out!

Man: I'm not going anywhere baby.

(He goes really close up to her and she falls on her bed. He starts to lie down her and she kicks him off her. He flies back and lands on Louie. Aidan starts to go towards her window and climbs out. She looses her footing on the bar on the window she is holding on the window sill with all her strength. Her dad is looking out the window down at her.(

Louie: Should I save you or let you fall to your death. To Airic: Airic go down and catch her. Make sure to give me the money when you are done with her though. To Aidan: I'll keep you alive. You are good money for me. From Airic. I'm getting 500 bucks for you to get with him. You know how much beer I could get with that? Oh look Airic is down there now to catch you. Bye Aidan have fun with Airic.
(He smashes Aidan's fingers and Aidan drops. She falls to the ground screaming in pain. Airic is staring down at her.)

Man: Louie she is broken! I don't want her now!

Aidan: (screaming from pain.) Mr. Jamieson! Please Mr. Jamieson come here now! Daddy! Daddy!

(Louie comes down and out of the house and stands next to Aidan he is angry.)

Louie: Useless b***h.

(He kicks her in the face.)

Aidan: Daddy help me. (Voice getting more shallow and her eyes start to close) Daddy, Mr. Jamieson help me.

(Fades out to black.)

End of Episode 1

© 2011 Felicia


Author's Note

Felicia
Ignore the grammar problems I'm getting them fixed soon. Tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on November 14, 2011
Last Updated on November 14, 2011

Author

Felicia
Felicia

Peoria, AZ



About
I am a 16 year old girl from Arizona. I have a humble life but I love it. I express my self through my poetry and my screenplays. I do not writer novels but I will try. I mainly write poetry, lyrics, .. more..

Writing
Write In Me Write In Me

A Poem by Felicia