My Love

My Love

A Story by Despereaux
"

A letter to my beloved, whom I have longed to see my entire life.

"

Hello, my love,

            I can’t wait to see you. I’ve been longing to meet you for so, so long. You are immaculately beautiful and there are many people that would love to be with you, but none more than me. I know from the moment that I was born that I was meant to be with you. I think it’s only a matter of time until we meet, but I’ve waited my entire life, and I’m willing to wait some more.

            Out of all of the failed lovers I have acquainted with, I know that you would never leave me. With absolute certainty I know that we will be together forever. That has been my dream since I was born, you know, to be with the one I love. I’ve never known a love more true than the one I have for you, despite the fact that we have never met. But there are some things that humans know deep within their hearts that they are true.

            Yes, love. Love is the most pure and innocent feeling on Earth, and the entire universe. Even our very souls experience and yearn for love. But, ultimately, with love comes loss. The heartbreak I have endured during my pitiful time on earth has crushed my very being. I thought that I had finally given up on love, until I found you. Once I found you, I had never felt a love more strong. But, alas, it is not the time for us to be together.

            I have other business to take care of first. Because I know that when I join you, there will be no going back. I will have to leave everyone behind to be with you, and I am not quite ready to make that commitment.

            But sometimes I think to myself what the point is. Why do I keep struggling when I know that you’re waiting for me and all my problems will be solved? It seems like that’s what humans were designed to do, struggle. Make their way in the world, only to ultimately pass on when their life ends. But I know that’s not what I have in store for me.

            Well, I guess I’ll tell you a little about what I’ve been doing, then. I’ve never had a real relationship, the only ones I’ve been in have been empty and lifeless. I kept trying and trying and trying to find the one for me. Heartbreak after heartbreak. I gave up so many times, thinking that I’d never be happy. But right when I was about to finally accept my loneliness, another false beacon of light came into my life. And I chased it like a moth living in a world of darkness. A moth that has nothing to sustain itself so it chases the tiniest glimpse of hope, but no longer!

            Work? Well, it’s work, I guess. It passes the time, wastes my life. But I think that’s the norm for humans. Struggle and strife. Doing whatever it takes to stay alive and make it in their short lives. I’ve been making enough to live a comfortable life, yet I still feel eternally empty. Nothing has ever reignited that spark I felt when I was young and found what I thought to be true, eternal love. But nothing is forever, I suppose.

             Yes, time. Mankind’s worst nemesis. We all battle against time, the little we’ve experienced and the little that remains. Time rules humanity’s activities and life. Even though time is relative, we all slave against it to make every minute count, because ultimately, that’s all humans really have.. time. Time at work, time sleeping, time eating, time commuting, is all an accepted “use” of a human’s time. What I have come to realize, though, is that the time we experience is merely the blink of an eye. The time we spend here is ultimately meaningless to, I’ve realized.

            There have been billions of humans that have been alive so far, and many, many billions that remain and will be born. All on one tiny planet hurtling through the universe. And the average human thinks that they’re going to accomplish something. It’s hilarious, my love. I think you realize that. The insignificance of one person’s life. Only the tiniest fraction of a percent of humans will make any lasting contribution to the species. We clock in when we’re born and clock out when we die. It’s despairing to know that the majority are so ignorant of this fact.

            So, what’s left for me? Well I can’t clock out yet, the powers that be won’t let me yet. But I know that you’re still waiting for me. With bated breath, I hope, as that’s how my breath is. Oh, my love. Your beauty is insurmountable, eternal, and invariable. If only everyone could realize how beautiful you are, they would not fear you so much.

            Fear. Fear rules the lives of so many. But once I learned who you truly are, my fear vanished. I know that I will, without a doubt, see you one day. And that will be the happiest day of my life. To finally meet the one you love. I’m sure many can relate. But not many can accept the love I have for you. It worries people, they think it’s not healthy. But I know that there’s nothing that I’ve wanted more.

            People say I’m crazy, or suicidal. But I’ve made my mind up long ago. This life isn’t my own. I’m not doing anything here. I’d just been waiting for you, unknowingly, until I had my blissful realization. Fear turned into love, and I finally started living. Because with life, comes death.

I love you, my dear. And I can’t wait to feel your loving, cold embrace.

© 2017 Despereaux


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on January 26, 2017
Last Updated on January 26, 2017
Tags: love, romance, morbid

Author

Despereaux
Despereaux

Writing
Roommates Roommates

A Story by Despereaux


Human Human

A Story by Despereaux