24 steps 38 seconds

24 steps 38 seconds

A Story by Destinee
"

it seems so insignificant to you doesn't it?

"

Paul looked out of the small window of his prison cell, his safe haven— his home. He knew exactly how many steps it would take to reach the mailbox— 24— and how many seconds it would take him if he ran there, grabbed the mail and ran back— 38.

But he couldn’t.

His old mailman understood him and would bring the mail to his door.

But now there is a new mailman who doesn’t understand him, who doesn’t understand what it’s like living with agoraphobia. So all Paul can do is look out the small window of his prison cell, his safe haven—his home— and imagine the 24 steps to the mail box and the 38 seconds of exposure. 

© 2009 Destinee


Author's Note

Destinee
first attempt at a "sixer", a short story that cannot exceed 6 sentences. Review?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is a nice story, I'm glad i had read the 24 steps and 38 seconds.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your first attempt at a sixer turned out to be the big winner. Congratulations!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a great first attempt. tovli

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 18, 2009

Author

Destinee
Destinee

About
more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Destinee