Sitar

Sitar

A Poem by R. T. Hyder

If tomorrow disappeared into the velvety blackness of the cosmos, would you tell me this isn’t worth it? Sit down beside me and look me in the eyes and tell me you don’t feel the slightest bit of electricity jumping so erratically, so consistently in the space between us. I want to know how you feel. Right here in the bareness of our balmy skin, in the sensational warmth of our breaths. You can’t deny the drumming in my chest, the anxiousness in my dark gaze. And I can’t refuse that glistening russet skin of yours and the agony in your deep eyes. Everything in this small room awaits your beck and call. Tell me everything you’ve never told anyone else before beside this flickering firelight, a thousand miles from home. Maybe once you let yourself free, I might catch a bit of your inspiration and try it too. I might finally let go and fall away with you and our fire would never die.

© 2013 R. T. Hyder


Author's Note

R. T. Hyder
Songs:
Nickel Creek - Why Should the Fire Die?
A. R. Rahman: Delhi 6 OST – Aarti Tumre Bhavan Mein
Dario Marinelli: Pride & Prejudice OST – Georgiana

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on October 22, 2013
Last Updated on October 25, 2013
Tags: sitar, romance, love, skin, cosmic, truth, union

Author

R. T. Hyder
R. T. Hyder

Hollywoodland, CA



About
Been writing in a sober state of mind since 16. A tidal wave of life, happiness and misery have taken me in well. The unrefined and misdirected angst and emotion have found its home among the many sma.. more..

Writing
Doors Doors

A Poem by R. T. Hyder


Merci Merci

A Poem by R. T. Hyder


Beaches Beaches

A Poem by R. T. Hyder