Mistakes

Mistakes

A Poem by Anshu Sharma
"

Everyone makes mistakes in there life. And its the mistakes that make us who we are. So live with no regrets and move on in life, cherishing all the memories. :) I hope you will like it.

"

If you ever get a wish, Would you wish to go back and change things?
Change the choices that you made, the choices that maybe were mistakes?"


 

"Maybe, I will; maybe, I won't.

But also, If I ever went back, I'm afraid I might do the same mistakes again and hurt myself even more.

 

I'm scared  for once again, I would fall for your tricks. I am sure I would let open all my scars and you dressed as a bandage would rip open the wounds.

I would love your soul and once again you would leave me right there in the middle with nothing but broken promises and an empty heart.

 

Even if going back and changing things would let me have you, I don't think I could ever live knowing that you left me once.

Being aware of my innocence you deliberately departed; with unsaid words, outwitting goodbyes.

 

And even, for once, if I believe, by changing the past I would know what I want or by choosing different paths, I could be better off; I won't be going through all the memories and lessons.

I wouldn't be reminiscing at 4 in the evening or 4 at the dawn.

I wouldn't be realizing how ignorant the feelings could go. I wouldn't be the one appreciating and cherishing the ones who love.

 

For once I could do with knowing your intentions.

But I m afraid I might still fall for you.

In spite of knowing your tricks, about how you could fall for everybody.

I would still be sitting there, awestruck on your random stupidities and clumsy strolls.

Memorizing how I knew the Devil's tricks yet I lured myself into the trap."

                           - AnshuSharma

© 2017 Anshu Sharma


Author's Note

Anshu Sharma
Hi everyone, please read and let me know if you liked it in the comments section. And also follow me at instagram @screaming.words_as

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on February 14, 2017
Last Updated on February 14, 2017
Tags: mistakes, lost love, past, decisions, choices, love, wish

Author

Anshu Sharma
Anshu Sharma

New Delhi, North, India



About
A true Cancerian Loves to read, lives to write. Feel emotions deeply and try to convert them in words. Aspiring writer and poet. Live life, love life. Read, Stay happy and make everyone happy is t.. more..

Writing