Rubber Gloves

Rubber Gloves

A Poem by Dez H.
"

What's your price?

"

My rubber gloved hands have power burns on them, I just murdered a man; I took his life for $10,000.00 and I didn’t know him so my mentality I was like “f**k it.”  That is a lot of money for a man that liked to have the company of teenage boys. So I saw it fit to empty the clip in his punk a*s, f**k the dumb s**t. Do I feel guilty; no I don’t think so, light up a cigarette and drive away sinking a little lower in my seat. Watching the streets lights glowing in my rear view watching because I’m paranoid and thinking I might have been spotted. When I get back to my surroundings I settle down because I had a funny feeling but it’s gone now. We live in a do or die society; we do or do trying it’s the only outcome we succumb too. When I do it I’m conscience but I’m brain dead and I don’t give a f**k that’s my only excuse. Like those ordinary every day hoodlums, I would much not like to have an audience when I let loose. I study him, and then I catch him stretching him out at his front door before I vanish like a ghost.

I have a black book that I don’t keep names in; it has all the pictures of the mark’s craniums that I caved in. Nah, I’m just playing but I’ve had thoughts that I should have done it but logic interfered and I know that’s not worth trying.  This piece of s**t I would’ve probably high-lighted because he made me sick to my stomach. Take my advice and trust me when I tell you that there are some wolves in the forest; run off into the wrong bushes if you want to and watch you’ll be killed there. Believe me I’ve saw the last words of the man sitting next to the one in my cross-hairs saying “S**t.”

A dead man speaks no words and that’s some true s**t, the real court room is the ones that know all about you and the jury is your peers that you don’t see. It’s all done for the dollar sign though it’s nothing personal; when they can’t solve it, there’s no crime. That minute that he had to pray should’ve stopped him but it didn’t so he wanted his death wish fulfilled; I had him. In real life on the streets I would kill a man if pushed in front of millions but only if I had too, but only God knew what I had in mind for him on this day. He thought it was just a mental game as he asked them over for a couple of slices of pizza. But when they got there it was taste a wine cooler then maybe tries some of his whiskey; so when a parent talks to a man, that knows a man, that’ll kill a man, well you can figure out the rest. Whatever he was thinking that day I can leave on the sidewalk or if it was necessary I can cut out his tongue so he can hear better; it’s whatever.

You can learn a lot from a dummy; he couldn’t hide or squat or duck or run from me. It’s no game when I c**k and aim and from the side evacuating the brain leaving a hole where his memories were stored. All of those times that he pondered about if he was doing wrong or regretted it after the moment of his own satisfaction, I helped him relieve and reconcile those worries; he’ll never think about it again. I’d rather die before I let this one slide; I have two beautiful daughters of my own. But if it were my son I would make him suffer by my own hands like hell had gave him a front row seat before he got to the main event. But there are those that are not cut that way; I respect those types of people because if they believe in heaven like I do, they would know that they still have a chance; for this one I hope God forgives me because he brought damnation to his land.

The only things I cared about in life got taken from me, but I understand because my everyday interior motive is to wait to get a call to go because I’d rather die before I let a job slide, and I’d put that on my two daughter’s lives. That’s the reason they are no longer around me because someone who thought just like I do put what was more important to the test. The only things I cherished in life I let go for now because I don’t come close to earning their respect; from my wife that’ll be divorcing me soon or my girls being moved away, there will be a day that I’ll be at least a good father and give them the world it’s my promise. Everything in my life I let go, but right now I’m a fiction of another’s imagination and it’s no limit to what I earn but if it’s not about money I won’t be concerned. Burn is what my mark's will do like the end of a cigarette; two hundred and thirty degrees right before stopping all of their pain, regrets, fears, suffering, and all that plagues and boggles their mind. My name, well if you haven’t done your homework then maybe you don’t need to know about me. Go about your days as if every one of them are normal to you or whatever you’re routine is just be you; but know if you’re pissing someone off and they think that you breathing in this existence has expired, it doesn’t have to be me, I promise karma is a b***h and for you she will be in heat.                 

 

                 007

© 2014 Dez H.


Author's Note

Dez H.
Straight from the man's thoughts to my brain; what could i do but write it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
Added on March 17, 2014
Last Updated on March 17, 2014

Author

Dez H.
Dez H.

Indpls., IN



About
To the man with an ear for verbal delicacies- the man who searches painfully for the perfect word, and puts the way of saying a thing above the thing said- there is in writing the constant joy of sudd.. more..

Writing