Hard Lesson Learned

Hard Lesson Learned

A Story by Dez H.
"

Chance and his partner has to show two young gangsters how life really is.

"

The two walked through the club owned by all-female crew called JLG; (Just Lovable Girls.) Ran by a black full figured female named Pinky; both are the only men in there as the girls look in their direction while walking to the VIP section. The shaved bald, light brown one went by the name of Chance and his partner and protégé, the light skinned one was named Xavier. Both of them were in the business of taking the life of others for a profit. Chance had done jobs for Pinky before but the one that sold her on always using his service was when she hired him to kill her mother. Even a cold blooded killer has moments when morality speaks to them and that day he mentally put a lot of things in perspective. For her still willing to do his job but when she went to do it herself, his words had penetrated deeper than her pain. After that day she would call him just for advice listening to any wisdom he could feed her on life in general until she knew he was more than a hired gun .Later in a drunken moment, while he collected payment from one of her jobs, she admitted to him that if she had a brother she would want him to be like him. He was flattered because he knew even though she was a cold blood gangster at times; inside she was just a misunderstood female with daddy issues. He helped her out whenever she needed him. Not only because the money was correct, but after her confession he could see throughout the way he grew up that if he did have a sister that was raised with him, she would be just like her. Her reputation for being ruthless had traveled across multiple states and he knew an alliance like hers could and would at a point be useful. They called her Pinky because when her son’s father smacked her in the face she had both of his small fingers removed with bolt cutters.

When the two got to her table she sat smoking blunt with crumbled up more ready for the next cigar. While sipping on something clear talking to three other girls, when she saw him she stopped in mid-conversation and smiled at him.

 

“Sup big bro,” She said taking another hit.

“Sup babe,” Chance responded.

 

She looked at one of the girls sitting at the table and waved her away, leaving one that looked at him with a smile.

 

“I don’t know if you’ve ever met my lieutenant fitch Live Wire.”

 

Fitch; it’s what the females called each other rather than saying b***h.

“Nice to meet you” Chance said offering his hand to her.

 

She shook it with a smile on her face as she checked him out.

 

“I need you again.” Pinky said laughing.

 

He knew it wasn’t a mission to let him relax on so he smiled as he looked at Xavier as if telling him to go off to do his own thing. Xavier walked away going to the bar they had while Chance sat at the table with the females.

 

“Our sons are getting out of hand.” Pinky said looking at him.

“What’s that have to do with me?” Chance asked.

“They both don’t have a male role model to take advice from.”

“I’m the last person they should being taking any words of wisdom from.” Chance said looking around at the atmosphere.

 

She knew what he was, but he was the only one that was close enough to show her only son the righteous side of being the bad man.

 

“My boy is out of hand too.” Livewire said.

 

The white girl had tattoos sleeved up both arms with blond hair and blue eyes staring at him with a smile.

 

“I’ve heard about her, but never had the pleasure.” He said offering his hand as she shook.

 

She looked at him with the look like she should’ve met him a long time ago but waited on her leader to go on with what needed to be done.

 

“Both of our sons are going through that phase where boys are going to be boys. But without a male figure they are feeling like they are the man right now.” Pinky said.

“What’s going on?” Chance asked.

 

Pinky’s son’s name in the street was “See Thru.” An Italian and black mixed young man, he had the light skin tone and for the first four years of his life before his father was gunned downed he taught the boy at least five languages. He remembered his father and wanted to be just like him even to disrespecting his mother before going to the next assignment.

 

“He does his own thing; I tried to tell him the right way but he just doesn’t listen to me. He sells drugs all hours of the night. Even when I try to stop it, he has his own clientele. I’m afraid someone bigger will take him out.”  Pinky said.

“How old is he?” Chance asked.

“He’s only fourteen.”

“My boy is too,” Livewire added.

 

Her son is named “Dink” a little white boy with a silver grill in his mouth.

 

“He sells weed by the pound, but I’m scared he’ll end up in prison or dead.”

 

Chace looked at them both like what it really had to do with him.

 

“We need you teach them a lesson.” Pinky said.

 

Chance laughed at them.

 

“Do I look like an after-school special?” He asked, shaking his head in disapproval.

 

“No, but I wouldn’t have come to you if I wouldn’t thought you couldn’t help us with this problem.” Pinky said.

“I’m sorry but this is not my expertise; you might need a professional opinion on this kind of thing.” He said standing up.

“Please Chance, you know how it is.” Pinky said.

“You don’t know me.”

“I know you know how it feels to have children that you want to save from the enemy.” She said looking into his eyes.

 

He didn’t like the fact that she was using his own to make a point but as he looked at her serious; she gave him the same look.

 

“What the f**k do you want Pinky?” He asked ready to walk away.

 

Pinky and Livewire’s son were going through what most mothers face when a son at that age came to the stage of teenager to man phase. From the age of 13 to 18 when a man is not around a maturing boy, he will without a doubt be about as much hell as the starting of the woman’s first period.

 

“I need you to put our boys in their place. We want them to go back to school, you know, make themselves better.” Livewire said.

“But you know even if they go back, they’ll just do what they do now in school. They’re used to making money and that’s an addiction within itself.”

“They need to go to school Chance. Selling dope and guns are not how to define your life.” Pinky said.

“You run a gang female killers, and you think that your boys won’t be hustlers?”

“My boy will be a boss someday I know what s**t is, but I need help. If you can’t do it, then f**k it, I’ll find someone else. But I’m willing to give you the same type of money as if you were doing your usual job without you even doing your usual job. Here’s half now.” Pinky said taking down a shot then sliding an envelope in his direction.

 

Chance sat back down and took down the shot in front of him picking up the money.

“If I do this, I don’t want to hear any s**t afterwards. I’ll do this my way and you’ll follow my lead. You won’t interfere with what has to be done.”

“Alright, do it your way then, I trust you.”      

 

He mildly laughed on the inside.

 

“Whatever,” he said standing up

“I’ll call you with the details but until then, let things stay as they are.”

 

He walked toward the exit and saw Xavier talking his s**t in the ear of some chick and he waved him his way. He gave a nod before following him out of the club, but not without finishing his own mission. He caught up with Chance as he got to the car.

 

“So, what’s up?” He asked.

“We have some work to do.”

 

It was at night when the meeting was set up; four kilos of coke to be brought behind the abandoned warehouse in the industrial district by the two young men. They showed up on dirt bikes and their business associates pulled up in a car. With backpacks on, they carried two kilos apiece and watched as the car came to a halt.

 

“You got my back right?” See Thru asked Dink.

“Yeah boy, I got you.”

 

Suddenly the head lights came on blinding them both and they put their hands up blocking it from their vision.

 

“You ready for this s**t X,” Chance asked in his ear piece.

“Yeah man, I’m ready for this. What are they holding?”

“They both have twenty-fives. Remember your role; don’t hurt them too bad, they are little boys.”

“I know man just make sure you control your end. Out of everything we’ve done I would hate to get shot by a little boy.” Xavier responded.

 

They pulled down ski masks over their faces before opening their doors then standing behind it.

 

“You got the s**t?” Chance asked.

“Yeah we have it, turn off the f*****g lights.” Dink said.

“You got our money?” See Thru asked.

“Get off the bikes and walk forward.” Xavier replied.

“Turn off those lights.” Dink demanded.

Chance reached in and obliged as both boys got off the bikes. Dink took off his backpack and handed it   to his partner.

 

“I got one in the chamber and the safety is off dude.” Dink said lowly.

“I got this s**t dog and please believe, my s**t is ready too.”

 

“Watch that little white boy.” Chance said.

“I’m on him.”

“Don’t kill him.”

“I got this; just go.”

Original gangsters are cold blooded but love their freedom so they think about their next move. Not unless they just don’t care, but the young thugs are the ones that you have to be more careful with.  Without hesitation they will shoot you then serve the time proudly; just to get some credibility on the streets. Chance had no doubt that See Thru had killed before. At that age he never dreamed that his profession would be what it was presently. He would have never had it in him to kill another that young. He walked forward dressed in all black; he looking shady as he walks with a swag. When the two meet in the middle, See Thru already distrusts the masked man in front of him and his heart raced with paranoia and fear, but he tries to play it cool.

 

“Where’s the money?”

“Open the bags little dude.”

“Show me the money b***h.” See Thru responded getting uneasy.

 

In a flash Chance clutched his gun pulling it out on him putting it to his head. It happened so fast the boy was too afraid to reach for his gun, but his partner in the background pulled his out and would’ve shot if his boy wasn’t in the way. Dink was nervous and now shaking on the inside deliberating if he should just shoot or wait until his boy to get out of the way. Chanced grabbed the gun out his sagging pants and stuffed it in his back pocket.

 

“Give me this s**t.” He said in his ear.

“We’re being jacked!” See Thru yelled and ran away with his backpack still on.

 

Chance looked at him with a smile under the mask like he could’ve just shot him and took the rest. Dink started shooting, not even at them, but in the distance hitting upper windows while trying to escape on foot as the bike fell while trying to do both at the same time. They both headed the same direction and both men began to run behind at a minor pace. See Thru caught up with Dink and but were so both scared that when they got to a divide at the end of a building; they divided. When Chance got to it he went in the direction that See Thru turned and Xavier went in the opposite direction where the other turned. Dink got to where he was almost out of breath and figured he would rather fight than die weak.

“F**k it, let’s do this s**t.” He said turning around ready his adversary.

 

Under his mask, Xavier respected the youngster while nodding his head with a smile on how he handled himself. He rushed in and Xavier moved to the side tripping the boy.

 

“Get your little a*s up.” He said ready to have his kind of fun.

 

Dink was frustrated and took the backpack off first, he came in at him swinging but Xavier just dodged him for a while before waiting until he had an open opportunity then grabbed him by his shirt from the back and threw him into some trashcans then cracked his knuckles walking towards him ready to see what the Dink really had in him. Meanwhile in another dark dead end of the alley Chance stood in front of his little project.

 

“Give me the s**t, I don’t want to have to hurt you little boy.” Chance said.

“You won’t have to hurt me because you will have to kill me first.”

 

The teen had nuts. Chance had respect for him for it, but the fact still remained, he had a job to do. If it was his son, maybe he would’ve done the same thing, but he didn’t want to hurt him too bad. He walked up to him and watched getting ready to put up his fists while swaying back and forth. Chance swung first, but it was with and open hand as he smacked him against the head forcefully. It made the boy mad and he began to come at him with fury in his eyes. Chance dodged his attempts and with his fist began to quickly hit him in his open regions, making him pause from the pain. See Thru charged at him and grabbed his mid-section trying to push him back, but Chance braced himself and looked up quickly, knowing the boy didn’t know what he was doing. He began punching him in the ribs until he let go, then in a quick motion, picked him up and slammed the boy to the ground. He lied on the ground for a second before his adversary snatched him up by his shirt. Xavier was having fun with Dink as he laughed at the boy’s effort to win the moment. He hit him a couple of times, but spent most of the time throwing him around. The boy was mad and his actions proved it as he attacked in pure anger.  To a professional who’s used to thinking first, all attempts were just amusing. Dink faked like he was going to punch Xavier and when he tried to block, the boy kicked him in the groin. Xavier forgot about his age at that time quickly. Chance was wearing down his as he watched the boy breathing heavy from thinking he was cool smoking weed that young. He just dodged every swing and kick and counter attacked until the teen was wore out. See Thru took one last swing at his face and when Chance dodged he connected a punch to his temple that knocked him unconscious. Xavier on the other hand was still mad about getting kicked in his nuts. He slammed the boy around and took advantage of his lack of brawling knowledge; calculating every single strike while biting his bottom lip having fun with it. Chance had already taken See Thru to the trunk, duct taped up before he found where Xavier was. He threw his arms up wondering why he was snapping. Finding Xavier stomping the already hurt boy on the ground. Xavier stopped then pulled out a small CO2 gun shooting him in the neck with a tranquilizer dart.

The two boys woke up facing each other zip tied to chairs stripped down to their underwear with duct tape across their lips in an empty room. Chance ripped off See Thru’s and Xavier did Dink’s.

 

“You don’t know who you are messing with do you?” Dink was the first speak.

Xavier back handed him across the face.

 

“Shut the f**k up!”

 

Chance wanted to laugh, but kept his composure while with his hands just telling him to calm down.

 

“We already got what we wanted, but now we know who your mother is so we were wondering if we should just hold you for a ransom.” Chance said.

“Or we could let both of your bodies soak in acid and not have to worry about nothing at all.” Xavier added.

 

His impromptu stuff that he threw in sometimes didn’t help, but it still served purpose so everything kept moving smooth.

 

“You already got our s**t, what’s the next move then? My mother will make your whole family pay for this s**t here.” See Thru said.         

 

Xavier walked over to him next and raised his hand strike him. Chance just pushed him away lightly like it wasn’t needed. He walked away and used just a tap on Xavier’s chest to let him know that he needed to talk to him. He got him to a corner before talking low.

 

“Let me handle this now.” Chance said pointing at the door.

 

Xavier walked out with an attitude, but respected when Chance knew certain things needed to be done. After he closed the door, Chance got in see Thru’s face. He pulled the ski mask up revealing who he was.

 

“Big Unc, what the…”

“Shut up,” Chance said putting his hand over his mouth.

He stared at both of them for a second before explaining why he had to do what he had to do. He began to talk to the two young men about the importance of being able to survive doing the things they were doing. He let them know the importance of not only staying away from dumb s**t they were setting themselves up for failure.  Explaining how if they went to school, on how they could make some extra money there while keeping a low profile and learning. The wise will inherit the world is the last thing he told them.

 

“Why did you have to kick our a*s to tell us this?” See Thru asked.

“Because, I’m getting paid for this.” Chance answered.

 

He could hear the sound of motorcycles and cars, then, Xavier opened the door.

 

“It’s that time.”

“Alright, I got it.”

“You never knew it was me doing this right?” Chance said in the face of See Thru.

“No, I got you Big Unc.”

“Really, because if it comes back to me; I’ll come back for your a*s.

 

He left the room and went downstairs meeting Pinky and Livewire walking in with the rest of their click.

 

“Is everything good?” She asked.

“Go save your boy,” Chance responded.

 

He and Xavier didn’t even flinch when they heard gunshots going off inside as they walked out like their mother’s had just saved the day. Later that night, they sat in front of the two women as they collected the rest of their money.

“Thank you it’s time for us to go now.” Chance said.

“You can’t go yet. Our boys are going back to school. We have rooms upstairs and any of my girls are yours; take your pick.

Xavier smiled.

 

“Can I have two?”

“Honey, you can have four.” Pinky said laughing.

“I don’t want to be greedy, I’ll take three.” He said walking from the table.

“What do you want big bro, do you need a couple?”

“Nah, I’m good baby girl.”

 

Livewire walked up to him smiling and showing her tongue stud.

 

“What he meant to say was that I’m the one that could satisfy him.” She said while grabbing his hand.

“Yeah that’s what’s I wanted to say.” He responded being taken him away from the table.

He smiled at Pinky as he got led away.

 

 “You’ll always be my big brother.” She said.

 

“Okay little sis.” He responded letting things go the way they had to go.   

  

© 2014 Dez H.


Author's Note

Dez H.
I know it's been a while; sorry i kept you without a tight story to vibe to. I was meditating like the Chinese, I'm back now and I GOT MY MOJO BACK BABY!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

425 Views
Added on May 18, 2014
Last Updated on May 18, 2014

Author

Dez H.
Dez H.

Indpls., IN



About
To the man with an ear for verbal delicacies- the man who searches painfully for the perfect word, and puts the way of saying a thing above the thing said- there is in writing the constant joy of sudd.. more..

Writing