Summer Concerts for Backpackers in France

Summer Concerts for Backpackers in France

A Story by D. Hogan

You just made some new friends at your backpacker’s lodge and you’re trying to figure out what to do for the weekend. Luckily for you, your favorite band is in town and you have the opportunity to go see them! Check out these incredible concert venues in France for a night of endless dancing and singing along with the band.  

When you arrive in Paris, your senses are inundated with the hustle and bustle of the city, the melodies of live jazz ensembles and the scent of freshly baked baguettes wafting through the air. Music seems to guide you everywhere you go, but you still want more. Luckily for you, there are fantastic venues to see concerts in Paris. Take in the opulence of old Paris when you go see a show at Le Trianon. Despite its classic décor, this venue isn’t stuck in the past and will feature artists such as Die Antwoord, Tegan and Sara and The Postal Service this summer. Built by the creator of the Moulin Rouge in 1888, Olympia remains the oldest music hall to host regular events. Although the hall has since been renovated, it still encapsulates the charm and glamour of the Golden Age. Check out Olympia for a diverse concert calendar with artists such as Madeleine Peyroux, Grizzly Bear and Of Monsters and Men. Despite initial intentions for le Zenith de Paris to be a temporary structure, its popularity earned it a permanent place along the Ourcq Canal. As one of Paris’ largest concert venues, big names regularly appear on stage with the likes of Wu-Tang Clan and The Killers performing there this summer.


After a low-key day spent perusing markets or basking in the Mediterranean sun, energize your night by seeing one of your favorite bands at a concert along the French Riviera. Check out Palais Nikaia in Nice to see some of the biggest names in the industry perform for a frenzied crowd. While you can go see Depeche Mode this summer, Palais Nikaia also hosts other events such as Cirque de Soleil and even opera performances if you’re looking for something new. Located adjacent to Palais Nikaia is Stade Charles-Ehrmann. Used primarily for outdoor sports such as soccer, this venue can also be combined with its neighbor to form an ultra-concert venue. Reserve tickets now to see Muse at Stade Charles-Ehrmann for a summer evening you won’t forget.

 

Daniel Hogan is a writer at Party Earth - a global media and entertainment company that publishes reviews and listings of the best social experiences around the world including: bars in Paris, pubs in London, beaches in Ibiza, plazas in Rome, parks in New York, festivals and concerts everywhere, and more.

© 2013 D. Hogan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on May 8, 2013
Last Updated on May 8, 2013

Author

D. Hogan
D. Hogan

Los Angeles, CA



About
Daniel Hogan is a writer at Party Earth - a global media and entertainment company that publishes reviews and listings of the best social experiences around the world including: bars in Paris, pubs in.. more..

Writing