A Dusty Place

A Dusty Place

A Story by Gabri

I looked around me. The glossy majesty of the snow had been swept over by the storm of silt. Stunted bushes tried to grow out of the forbidding ground, but most stood alone. Here and there clumps of trees had managed to come up. They were bare though, worn out looking. Ugly gravel was strewn across the road and then piled in clumps where snow had entirely blown off. I looked around and I thought it was the ugliest place I'd ever seen. As bare and dry as my heart and soul felt. Then something caught my eye. Some that was tangerine and purple all wrapped in rose gold. I looked again. Behind the grey and weathered brown, there was a glowing mountain. I'd never noticed it before. It didn't try to intrude, but it stood there non-the-less, as if to say, "Look again! And have courage! There is still color in this barren world, and there is still color in your heart! Do not be afraid, winter will not win forever and one day light will flood your soul again!" So I looked again, shut my eyes, and held the mountain in my heart.

© 2016 Gabri


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This caught my eye! Got positive vibes. Nice comparison done here. I really liked it, thanks for sharing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gabri

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the encouraging review! I appreciate it!
Zoya

7 Years Ago

Glad to know it encouraged you. Keep writing!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Added on January 6, 2016
Last Updated on January 6, 2016

Author

Gabri
Gabri

Writing
Light Light

A Story by Gabri


The Delta The Delta

A Story by Gabri


Wild day Wild day

A Poem by Gabri