The Meet Up

The Meet Up

A Story by Yahya
"

A short story about a guy taking a risk to see someone very important in his life...

"

How did it get so cold suddenly..he thought while he was walking down the alley he could feel the coldness cutting through his skin like a knife cutting raw meat
If only I had my jacket he was always unlucky in his opinion, but he would soon know that would change in a blink of an eye
All he could do was to walk a little faster he was exhausted, he felt so lonely, but he knew it was worth it at the end...
It was worth traveling to another town and risking everything. 
Trying hopelessly to cut down the time he has to spend in this awful weather he tries to take a shortcut.
left or right? he asked himself while looking at the two identical routes that lay before him.
He took the right one, hoping that it would turn out to be the way.
So he walked furiously, so impatiently, he waited a whole year for this.
Hearing the splash of water everything he steps in a puddle of water, his clothes were ruined by the rain and water, which made him feel even more upset.
Suddenly, he saw someone walking towards him, he was so happy finally he found someone, he could as for directions and end his misery.
Walking towards the man he asked, “hey excuse me, would you be so kind and tell where can I find street number 19?”
The mad didn't even look at him and kept walking as if he never heard a thing, I don't blame him, with a weather like that he must be in a hurry to go home
With his legs starting to ache more and more he stopped walking looking around for any hints, all he could see is a ghost town with closed stores since no one dared to take a step out of their house in this weather.
Realizing how stupid he was, he gets his phone out, opens Google maps and types “street 19”
Two miles, he thought he's almost there,2 miles felt like thousand, he smiled remembering the song 500 Miles for the Proclaimers.
And remember when I said he thinks he's unlucky well... That's still true for now because his phone died, at that point he felt the loneliest, with no one there beside him, he really wanted a shoulder to lean and cry on, but he only had himself.

street 19 reads the sign, he has finally arrived, his eyes start scanning the place waiting for the moment, but it never came, he felt betrayed as if someone stabbed him in the back, he felt broken, he could feel his heart getting torn to pieces.

I'm so stupid thinking this would work he thought while turning his back to leave suddenly he glanced a figure standing far in the darkness of the cold night waving at him and calling his name,her voice rang like a bell in his ears, and he could feel his heart skipping a beat then beating like a metal head hitting his drums in a concert as soon as he laid his eyes on her..his lover..

She was as beautiful as ever, the pictures never did her justice, with her long black her that looked like silk under the umbrella she was holding, her skin so smooth like a baby, her smile seemed to shine, breaking through the darkness that covered the town.
Everything else seemed to fade in the background as his eyes focused on her beautiful face, he stood there frozen like a snowman from the shock his in
That's actually her... He thought to himself not believing what his eyes are seeing.
He could feel his heart racing to her before his legs can move.
His eyes admiring the beauty of what is before him.
His mind just overwhelmed and stunned, he can't believe she's actually here after a year of talking online they finally met.
He runs to her like a madman, smiling from ear to ear and hugs and her forgetting how cold and tired he was because suddenly everything felt perfect she was slightly shorter than his shoulders, ”I told you I'm ugly in real-life” she said
“Shut up and let me hug you in peace”
He said chuckling
She chuckled back
“I'm craving for some coffee baby, can we go get a cup of coffee, please? I know someone who's open” she asked
"I told you I don't like coffee!”, he protested
“You're gonna  get coffee AND you're gonna love it”
"FINE if I vomit it's gonna be on your face”
“I love you” she said lovingly
“I love you too” he found himself saying 
she led him to the nearest coffee shop, and he put his arms over her shoulder feeling like the luckiest man alive.

© 2018 Yahya


Author's Note

Yahya
not really finished, but id love to hear opinions

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

37 Views
Added on September 30, 2018
Last Updated on September 30, 2018
Tags: love, shortstory, romace, romantic

Author

Yahya
Yahya

Cairo, Egypt



About
Just an amateur write, who's passionate about what he does more..