Monster In My Toilet

Monster In My Toilet

A Story by Dirkgently1066
"

Poppy is too old for her potty but is frightened of the monster who lives in the toilet.

"

Once upon a time there was a girl called Poppy.


She was a normal little girl but she had a very big problem. A poo problem.


You see Poppy didn’t like to do her poo on the toilet.


She didn’t mind doing her wee on the toilet but she refused to do her poo. Instead, she made mummy get the potty.


‘But the potty is for babies,’ said mummy. You’re 5 now, a big girl.’


‘I want my potty!’ screamed Poppy.


Mummy tried hiding it, tried telling Poppy it had gone to the potty fairy, even tried putting it in the toilet. But Poppy still said the same thing.


‘I want my potty!’


One day, mummy tried to make Poppy do a poo on the toilet but she screamed and screamed and then screamed some more until eventually mummy let her use the potty.


The next day, daddy asked her why she wouldn’t use the toilet.


‘Because of the monster,’ said Poppy.


‘What monster?’ said daddy.


‘The monster in the toilet that pinches your bum,’ said Poppy.


‘But you do your wee on the toilet. Does the monster pinch you then?’


‘Silly daddy,’ said Poppy. ‘The monster only pinches poo bums!’


And so each day, Poppy would do her poo on the potty. But it was getting harder to fit on. The potty wasn’t meant for big five year old girls.


Then one night when Poppy was asleep, she woke up needing the toilet. She climbed out of bed, went to the bathroom and sat on the toilet to do her wee. But as she did her wee, something strange happened. A bit of poo popped out.


Poppy screamed and jumped off the toilet, but in the dark, she couldn’t see what was in front of here and got tangled up and trapped.


‘Mummy! Daddy!’


Mummy and daddy rushed in and switched on the light to see what was going on.

‘P..p..poo!’ wailed Poppy. ‘Monster!’


‘That’s not a monster,’ said mummy. ‘You’ve wrapped yourself up in the towel.’

‘B…but…poo,’ said Poppy.


So daddy had a look in the toilet. And sure enough, there was a little poo.

‘Did the monster pinch your bum?’ asked daddy?


Poppy stopped sobbing and wiped her eyes. ‘N..no,’ she said.


So daddy flushed it away and said to Poppy, ‘Look, it’s gone.’


‘Where did it go?’ Poppy asked.


‘I gave it to the monster,’ said daddy. ‘He likes poo. That’s why he lives in the toilet.’


The next day after school, Poppy needed the toilet. A few minutes later, mummy heard a shout from upstairs.

‘Mummy, I did a poo!’


Mummy walked up the stairs and into the bathroom to empty the potty. But to her surprise, Poppy was sat on the toilet.


‘Where’s the potty?’ asked mummy.


‘I don’t need that silly thing anymore, mummy,’ said Poppy. ‘I can do my poo on the toilet.’


‘But what about the monster?’


‘Oh he’s a nice monster, mummy!’ beamed poppy. ‘He likes my poo and takes it away.’


‘Well then,’ smiled mummy, let’s send him this one.’


And together mummy and Poppy flushed the poo away.

© 2015 Dirkgently1066


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ha-ha! I smiled all the way through this. Some kids are really funny about such things and cause their parents to go to great lengths in training them. A very cute story, Sir. I enjoyed it a lot.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 17, 2015
Last Updated on December 17, 2015
Tags: Children's Story, Bed time story, Parenting

Author

Dirkgently1066
Dirkgently1066

Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom



About
Full time father, aspiring writer. Blogs, short stories and flash fiction, inspired by my experiences of mental illness. I also write children's stories and lots of other nonsense besides. Bring.. more..

Writing