In the Middle of Nowhere (Part 1)

In the Middle of Nowhere (Part 1)

A Story by Divsthebooklover
"

A story about a boy, hailing from the city, and a girl, living in small, snowy town. Imagine the possibilities.

"
The stars were twinkling brightly outside. Although, at a closer look, one could say that the heavens were getting ready for a downpour - of freezing rain, that is. Lily peeked outside her modest wooden home. All should she could see for miles and miles was white. White snow. The lights from the village nearby luminously reflected in the river under the bridge. It was a beautiful sight, really, if you weren't chilled to the bone. 
She quickly hurried back into the warm confines of her home. Lily had only moved here two years ago. She could have chosen to live in the village if she had liked but she had taken an instant liking to a small, homely cabin on the other side of the bridge. It was intimate, secluded, and just the way she liked it. 
Humming gaily as old memories came back to her, she reached for her ceramic-white coffee canister. Nothing better than home-made coffee to keep one warm in this abrasive winter. She poured one spoon of coffee and two spoons of sugar in her favorite mug. She let a few droplets of water fall into it and stirred until it took on a creamy-brown color. She warmed the milk on the stove and poured it from a distance so that bubbles formed on the top part. 
She smiled with satisfaction.  
Most people do not take so much effort just to make a beverage yet, Lily enjoyed perfection. She carried her cup of perfection into her bedroom and slipped into the covers. There was a crime-mystery thriller lying on her side table that she had been meaning to finish all week. 
For a few minutes, she lay back against her bed, sipping her coffee. All was silent except for the snowflakes falling from above and the wind that swirled them from pillar to post. She picked her book up and fell as if, into an alternate universe. She had only read 20 pages or so, when a sharp knock sounded at her door.  

© 2011 Divsthebooklover


Author's Note

Divsthebooklover
This is only the first part of this story so please be aware that I *will* be continuing this. Of course, your opinions are always welcome. I'm writing after a long time so please be nice. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey! the starting of the story just makes you want to curl up on a sofa with a good book and that coffee you've spoken about :p every action is very tastefully described. though, i wish you'd given us a little more at the end. A real cliffie there:@ can't wait to read ahead

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hey! the starting of the story just makes you want to curl up on a sofa with a good book and that coffee you've spoken about :p every action is very tastefully described. though, i wish you'd given us a little more at the end. A real cliffie there:@ can't wait to read ahead

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Added on August 5, 2011
Last Updated on August 6, 2011
Tags: small town, coffee, snow, cozy