Wampyr

Wampyr

A Story by Dave "Doc" Rogers
"

In the world of Goth, not all are posers.

"
Wampyr
By Dave Doc Rogers
� 20091125

She shivered a bit. It was late. It was dark. It was cold. She was told this was the place to be. She was scared. She had never just gone with a guy she didn't really know, and now she was. The car pulled up. It was late model, the current trend car. Someone had money, she thought. She stepped into the illumination of the street light. She saw him lean over and pushed the door open.

"Awesome! Get in! You've got to be cold."

She nodded as she adjusted her cowl and cape against the weather. She stepped carefully over the wet sidewalk onto the road. She could see him better now. He smiled showing his fangs. She smiled back as she pulled open the car door.

"This is going to be an awesome party. I am glad you decided to come."

She looked back at him clicking her seatbelt in place. "Thank you for inviting me." He was dressed in black and charcoal with hints of blood purple for accents. His hair was jet black except for a streak of white and purple mixed. His make-up gave him a smoky ash hue. He looked hot, she decided. Maybe this won't be such a risk after all. She let her mind wander a bit, imagining, as he shifted the car into gear and pressed the accelerator.

It descended through the trees all the while locking its eyes on the female attempting to hide near hedges. She had her back to the building as if to make herself shadow. But to this predator she stood out vibrant and hot. Anticipation was building. A car pulled up. The one in the car was dark. It only gave off a faint glow. This one had the 'taint' about it. Better to wait and watch, it decided. The car door opened slightly. The female rewrapped her cloak about her and walked into the street. She stepped around the car and got in. In just a moment the car sped away down the street. Curiosity overcame hunger and it followed the car.

The music could easily be heard from the street. Aleister quickly ran around the car and opened the door for Leticia. Her black and crimson cloak suited her well. Her pallor and death stair excited him. She had not been boasting when he was teasing her at the coffee shop. She was really into this. They would be such the epitome of the Dark. This was leading up to being a great evening out. They had even timed it right for a midnight entrance.

The vibration of the music started to penetrate them as they walked up the flights of stairs. The sixth floor was chosen for it significance as well as it was a large empty former office space. They said that a murder was committed here when it was an office. Someone had stressed out and went postal killing one, wounding others, before turning the gun on himself. They were hoping to tap into that energy and 'edge' through the night.

It had floated along after the car, driven by curiosity more than anything else. It passed by others feeding but did not stop. The thrill of the unknown had supplanted other more natural desires. For the moment. In the distance, it could hear the sounds of deep electronic drumming to an aerobic beat. The car was headed to where it was strongest. The car it had been following came to a stop among other cars. Some were warmer than others. Others showed the cool blues of having been here too long. The dark one got out of the car and opened the door for the female. She was still radiant. It fluttered down close and followed them to the building.

The female shuttered slightly as it stepped in close to her. Noiselessly it followed them up the six flights of steps. The pounding of the bass drum sent echoes through its being. The rhythm became its own intoxicant. Soon it was drawn to the spots on the floor. Bits of splatter remained. A slight taint of life remained where several were shot. A bigger spot was found where one of the victims had expired while first aid was being attempted. A shiver went through the creature. There was a faint shimmer of life still in the spot where the shooter committed suicide. As the people moved out of the way, it was able to see the glimmer of the man. His shade. His ghost still standing there. Still holding a gun. Still trying to end it all. As it reached out to touch it, to taste its pain, it felt a shimmer of a drain run through it.

The creature stopped to sense the air to see what had happened. It slowly turned, scanning the crowd around. It locked eyes with the female it had followed earlier. Her black and crimson cloak had opened and her cowl rested on her shoulders. The green eyes stared at it in hunger. The crimson-auburn hair hinted at the life flowing through the veins. The pale skin gave off an aroma of purity. The dress was gauzy thin. The heat of the female was maddening. It lunged for her.

The young man stepped in the way. It circled around the male when a strong hand grasped it and held it in place. It was shoved into the male's space. The female drove them both back to a wall. She fell on the male's neck but pierced the skin of the creature. It could feel the life force draining out of it. The male shuddered in his excitement. The female held them both there until she was finished.

The male smiled down at her. She really did know how to hunt wampyr and would let him taste death. His soul became darker. His taste for death just became an addiction.

She smiled back. She knew the lust in the young man. She wanted him now and badly. He was dark but not dark enough. He needed more death seasoning.

© 2009 Dave "Doc" Rogers


Author's Note

Dave "Doc" Rogers
I had an idea and I chased it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow. graphic, chilling write. Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow, what a story...some idea. A very compelling write...Excellent...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That's the best way to write, Doc. If you have an idea for something, go for it. Very excellent work. Very well written and I like your word choice. Hope to read more of your work.
*~Michelle~*

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 26, 2009

Author

Dave "Doc" Rogers
Dave "Doc" Rogers

Montgomery, AL



About
Artist • Author • Poet • Preacher I am a thinker, ponderer, assayer of thoughts. I have had a penchant for writing since childhood. I prefer "Doc" as an hommage to my grandfather Rob.. more..

Writing