Faith feels like lying ... until you tell the truth

Faith feels like lying ... until you tell the truth

A Story by Dave "Doc" Rogers
"

This is a study / statement I have been thinking about for some time. So here it is.

"

Those who only know the word only know a partial definition. The jaundice of perception and partially understood uses of the word weakens the concept tremendously. So, I shock people by telling them the truth.

 

Faith feels like lying ... until you tell the truth. :)

 

Faith is simply putting your hope, confidence, and trust into something or someone. In the book of Hebrews in the Judeo-Christian Bible it says faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen. Now, how vague and non-real can you get? I mean, really!?! ... Right up until it happens.

 

Faith applied gains the surety of substance, tangible, tactile matter. You can grasp it, but here is the funny part, you do not have it yet. Your 'faith' has been laid to this thing so you are now committed to its fulfillment. Faith is also applied to the one in whom you have faith; for if there did not exist the ability to provide that for which you are exercising faith then you are merely holding steadfast to something that will never arrive. But, if your faith is placed in one who is able, it is only a matter of time until you see the fruits of whatever is you were exercising faith for.

 

The 'microwave' society wants 'it' right now; it being any and everything that strikes the fancy. The God of the Judeo-Christian Bible does not operate like that. He waits until the fullness of time.

 

Now if you have applied your faith to someone who can deliver on a promise then you only need to wait for the deliverance of the solution. Faith then becomes a surety. And if a surety then you only need to 'rest' until you see its deliverance manifested.

 

So, faith applied still feels like lying until you are telling the truth.

 

Write the vision, make it plain, so that those who read it can run with it.

 

Leaders show their faith by their works. They apply their faith. They talk it up like it has already happened or is happening tomorrow. And they are diligent to rest in their faith, their hope, their confidence in the one who is able to supply to that which they diligently believe.

 

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Abram became Abraham at the hearing of God's Word. And Abram believed God. Even though not seeing it, Abram who became Abraham by faith persisted until falling down laughing he received the promise of God manifested. Abram told everyone in his house, including his wife, to start calling hiim Abraham. Abraham acted in faith. And by faith with action, he and Sarah [princess] who was called Sarai [contentious] became pregnant 24 years after the promise was originally given.

 

For 25 years, Abraham appeared to lie before God ... right up until he told the truth and an old lady named Sarah gave birth to a son, Isaac [laughter], after 25 years of hearing Abraham lie. Now it is truth.

 

What has God told you that seems impossible? Lie about it until you can tell the truth. Write it down, make it plain so all can see it. And wait for God to make manifest that thing for which you wait in faith.

 

Cheers!
Doc.

© 2010 Dave "Doc" Rogers


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

your timing is uncanny. And this write is - sigh....I am beyond words - but appropriate is sorta kinda almost what I want to say. Sort of like a machine gun would be appropriate fire power to kill a rabbit.
You knocked it over the fence and into the next galaxy with this. how about that?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your point is well taken. I've been a Christian and a Moslem and have read the respective scriptures about Abraham without realizing that Abram was not a Jew, but one of the many pagans (?) who worshipped gods made by man of clay. It was just recently that I read a novel, The Bible of Clay, which made clear to me that God spoke to Abram/Abraham and that is how he knew that God created the world, the heavens, the sun, and moon and stars and that it wasn't right to worship the latter three.

Though I don't call myself a Christian now, I have noticed that recently, when I am clear about what I want/need, I have received it in my life. Is that faith? I don't know. I just thought that I was being selfish.
Jocelyn wonders.

Posted 12 Years Ago


your timing is uncanny. And this write is - sigh....I am beyond words - but appropriate is sorta kinda almost what I want to say. Sort of like a machine gun would be appropriate fire power to kill a rabbit.
You knocked it over the fence and into the next galaxy with this. how about that?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The fullness of time. I like that. Makes me want to pull out my old Clarence Larkin books and do a study on Dispensationalism. I love apologetics and eschatology. Chuck Missler has done some intensive and extensive works on the physics of God, the mathematician in him brings some interesting suggestions to light...like faith and what it may be in another dimension...outside our three. Cool stuff.

Thanks
Mark

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

458 Views
3 Reviews
Added on January 13, 2010
Last Updated on January 13, 2010

Author

Dave "Doc" Rogers
Dave "Doc" Rogers

Montgomery, AL



About
Artist • Author • Poet • Preacher I am a thinker, ponderer, assayer of thoughts. I have had a penchant for writing since childhood. I prefer "Doc" as an hommage to my grandfather Rob.. more..

Writing