Unacceptable Apathy

Unacceptable Apathy

A Story by Dave "Doc" Rogers
"

Here is something I wrote in response to a story. Nothing against the writer. I like most of her stuff. But, this one put a burr under my saddle and ....

"
Thomas Jefferson, 3rd US President, said, "I fear for my nation when I recall God is a just God."

Bold political statements made in the cloistered halls of academia have all the effect of shouting against a gale. The net effect is the same. Voice without action is noise.

I used to think that this country, USA, could stand an Oliver Cromwell. I have since reassessed that opinion. Mr. Cromwell shut down the UK government and king and reshaped UK politics after his own design. Anarchy and ego are not effective instruments for change. Military protagonists (those with the military in their pocket... aka Hitler) all become president/chancellor/king/governor/colonel/captain-general for life. They forget that Man is his/her equal and they become gods to themselves. Just as Lucifer ascended the Mountain of the North to be like the Most High God, they will also discover that God is bigger than the mountain.

The principles set down in Danelaw, English Common Law, and the Constitution of the USA are set purposefully to remind those that would lead a people that government of a people is at their permission. The beauty of the UK/USA systems of government is if you do not like them or what they are doing get rid of them. Don't vote for them again. And, if you cannot find anyone that is doing it well or to your perceived standards, then, mayhaps you should consider being that voice and standard yourself. And, if you do not exercise your right of individual sovereignty, then do enjoy your Orwellian experience. You, by your silence, have invited the unwanted guest.

Whether you are liberal or conservative or a fence-sitter, it matters little. Unless you become Jimmy Stewart's Mr. Smith and speak up, you become voiceless fodder for the political machinery of those that know far too well how you should live your lives.
Cause and effect, Sir Newton said.

Hitler was an outgrowth of unrest spawned by the greed of the rest of Europe for the affronts caused by that upstart Kaiser Wilhelm. Sure the war was atrocious, but exacting such high tolls on an already depleted people (by the kaiser and the war) was not forward thinking at all. But, who was at the turn of the 20th? With swift, well spoken turns of phrase and cunning use of imagery, Hitler was able to take an obscure workers' party into the national spotlight, and with the backing of the military (promises given for revenge), he was able to coerce and convince a predominantly Christian nation to forego those teachings to chase after his ideals of "purety."

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
- Edmund Burke

Blindly accepting something as inevitable and therefore unable to rage against the storm puts a burr under my saddle and I speak my mind. I am not a politician. I do not want to be. But, that doesn't mean I can accept apathy. Not here. Not in the US. It leads to more harm than good.

I understand your words and your right to speak them. It is just you may want to research them a bit more.

Doc.

Oringinally Posted: 02:40 PM on May 27, 2007

© 2013 Dave "Doc" Rogers


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, you certainly are a thinker. I enjoy reading your voice and writing style. What you write about certainly makes others think, too. To make specific comments about your topic I would need to study an in-depth history course and do a lot of research.- not a bad idea, at that.
Jocelynwonders

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nicely put, Mr. Rogers. It's another election year... and your words are timely!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, you certainly are a thinker. I enjoy reading your voice and writing style. What you write about certainly makes others think, too. To make specific comments about your topic I would need to study an in-depth history course and do a lot of research.- not a bad idea, at that.
Jocelynwonders

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A well thought out rant on something far more people need to understand and remember. Far too many people, particularly here in England sit on their laurels and do nothing but whine; without action there will come no change.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

455 Views
3 Reviews
Added on September 18, 2010
Last Updated on June 16, 2013

Author

Dave "Doc" Rogers
Dave "Doc" Rogers

Montgomery, AL



About
Artist • Author • Poet • Preacher I am a thinker, ponderer, assayer of thoughts. I have had a penchant for writing since childhood. I prefer "Doc" as an hommage to my grandfather Rob.. more..

Writing