GRACE: God’s Redemption At Christ’s Expense

GRACE: God’s Redemption At Christ’s Expense

A Story by Dave "Doc" Rogers
"

A look at grace as a gift from God through Jesus Christ.

"

 

GRACE:

God’s Redemption At Christ’s Expense

 

  

Copyright © 2011 David J. Rogers

All rights reserved.

 

ISBN-13: 978-1463693862

ISBN-10: 1463693862

 

 .... 

 

Contents:

 

1.     Grace: Simply Put

2.     What is Grace?

3.     God " the “G” in GRACE

4.     Redemption " the “R” in GRACE

5.     At " the “A” in GRACE

6.     Christ " the “C” in GRACE

7.     Expense " the “E” in GRACE

8.     Receiving the Gift

9.     What to do next?

Appendix:

A.   Bibliography

.... 


1 | GRACE

 

  

“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.”

- II Corinthians 13.12 KJV

 

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ is the starting place for a relationship with the God of the Judeo-Christian Bible. If it was not for the acts of Jesus’ love and kindness to us, we could have no relationship with God at all. Grace starts with him.


 
Someone once took the word “grace” and made it into an anagram " where each letter in a word represents a word or phrase.

 

GRACE: God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense

 

When I first heard the word “grace” used in this manner, I puzzled over it. It did not seem to fit. According to the Bible, God did not give us Jesus that we might be rich; although He did give all things to enjoy. God gave us Jesus that we might have a relationship, a proper relationship, with Him. God was not out to make us rich. God was out to make us have a relationship with Him.

Jesus used the parable of the prodigal son to show us God’s heart toward us. God loves us so much that He is willing to let us run off and do our own thing, whatsoever seems good to us, but He still looks for our return. In the parable, the prodigal son comes to his senses and realizes that servants in his father’s house are treated better than he was living " among the pigs, sharing their food. As the son nears his father’s house, his father spies him while he is still a long way off and runs to his son, falls on his neck with kisses, orders his servants to bring a robe, a ring, and the fatted calf. His son has returned home.


 
This is the image of the love and grace our father in Heaven has for us. We may have chosen to take what is ours and live a life that is pleasing to us. We may have squandered everything that was entrusted to us. We may feel we are less than servants in our father’s eyes, no longer worthy to be called family. We may not even want to come to God because of our shame of where we are and what we have done. God does not care about that. He knows where you are, what you have done, yet He is waiting and looking everyday for our return.

And yet while a long way off " still smelling of pigs and our world travels, He sees us coming. Just as we are hoping for mercy and to be at least a servant in His house, He forgives us of everything. He calls for the signet ring showing everyone we are fully family. He calls for new clothes and dresses us in His best. He calls for a celebration, a party in our name, for us, about us, because in His eyes we were once dead and now we are alive.

This is only possible through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace, then, is not God’s riches at Christ’s expense, but God’s redemption at Christ’s expense.

 

GRACE: God’s Redemption At Christ’s Expense

 

In the parable, the returning son was not made rich by his father. He was returned to right position in the family, to the right status by his father. He was redeemed, revalued, re-judged and remade family by his father.

 
That is what Jesus did for us. He gave us an opportunity to be redeemed, revalued, re-judged, and remade family, by his taking our place in judgment.

Some have said, “But, I didn’t ask for him to die for me.”  He did. It was a free gift to you. The price was paid for you. You were not asked.

A gift is something you receive without having to ask for it. If you asked for it, it would not be a free gift. It would be an answered request. A gift is where someone cared for you so much they gave out of their caring for you.

God loved you so much that He gave His only begotten son that you might live. Jesus loved you so much that he willingly took your place in judgment and laid down his life in your place. Since it is a gift, all you have to do is accept it and receive it. Once receiving it, you can begin walking in a right relationship with God. If you have accepted this grace as yours, you need only to walk in it and learn about it.

Grace, in this instance, is more than a word. It is an act given as a gift. I did not know this for many years. My understanding of grace was skewed, so I began to look into grace as a word and as an act. I discovered grace was far more than I imagined. Its value is far more than all the wealth of the Earth; than the universe.


 
I discovered that grace really was God’s redemption at Christ’s expense. He valued me that much. He values you that much too.

 

....  

 

For additional content, please go to:

Docrogerswrites.com

 

Or order directly from the publisher at:

Createspace.com/3647620

 

Also, available at most online retailers

Search by:

ISBN / 1463693869

EAN13 / 9781463693862

.... 

 

About the Author

 

          Dave “Doc” Rogers discovered the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ at a very early age and learned to depend on that grace throughout his life. His pursuit of a walk with God has led him to service in the Church as a congregant, a laborer, a lay minister, a pastor, and as a teacher. He has published numerous studies and articles. A serious student of God’s word, he has studied to show himself approved of God and has received degrees in Theology, Ministry, and Biblical Studies. Where his friends once referred to him as “Dr. Dave” or “Doc” because of his studious nature, he now has Doctorates in Divinity, Ministry, and Biblical Studies.

          “Doc” Rogers currently lives in Frisco, Texas, USA, with his wife, teenaged son, and two dogs.

….

 

A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book will go to missions and to preach the gospel.

© 2011 Dave "Doc" Rogers


Author's Note

Dave "Doc" Rogers
This is a first chapter excerpt from my book.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good word, Doc. Continue to let the light of Yeshua shine through you!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good for you ... that is fantastic..
God will say well done ! : )

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

535 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 9, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011
Tags: dave doc rogers, Grace

Author

Dave "Doc" Rogers
Dave "Doc" Rogers

Montgomery, AL



About
Artist • Author • Poet • Preacher I am a thinker, ponderer, assayer of thoughts. I have had a penchant for writing since childhood. I prefer "Doc" as an hommage to my grandfather Rob.. more..

Writing