Apocalypse? Please...

Apocalypse? Please...

A Story by Some Random Person.

There I was, laying on my bed. Friday, December 21st, 2012. My first thought? R.E.M. My alarm clock rang, singing that song. It's the end of the world blared through my phone's speakers, waking me up. Five minutes later, Apocalypse Please by Muse rang. I laughed. "Oh really, Mayans? I think I'll see you tomorrow." I hit the snooze button and went back to sleep.
Ten minutes later, R.E.M. starts back up. "If it's really the end of the world, then I'm going to sleep." Snooze button.
It's six in the morning. My mother bursts through my door and yells "LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!" I roll over.
Six fifteen, my alarm goes off again with Muse. "FINE!" I got dressed and got ready for school. 
Six thirty in the morning, and I'm walking to school. My iPod is playing, and I barely listen. All the sudden, Apocalypse Please by Muse comes on, very loudly. "AH!" I screamed, taking out the ear buds because of the loudness of the song. I turned down the volume, then put them back in, not realizing the irony. Apocaylpse? Please, even if it ever did happen in my life time, I would always deny it. If it did happen, then none of you can say I told you so. And since it never does happen, those of you who foolishly believed it would, look like fools.
Seven twenty in the morning, and I'm at school. The bell rings, and school goes on with the last day of finals. "Where were you when the world "ended"?" I was bored at school, because I was done with my finals... Where were you?

© 2013 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
So where were you when the world supposedly was going to end?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
Added on January 12, 2013
Last Updated on January 12, 2013

Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing