Thanksgiving Day Surprise

Thanksgiving Day Surprise

A Story by Some Random Person.

We gathered to try to help Papa get the turkey. Ever since we oved to America, Papa made sure that we were in on every single tadition. It was sometimes quite hard because we barely had enough money to keep basic clothes on our backs. Plus, Anjela wasn't helping. We had to catch a wild turkey to eat one. We enjoyed it, even though kids at school made fun of us. I'm just happy to eat a turkey.

 

We chased it around the school yard at first, Mi hermano and yo. Finally, Andre told me to go run home and get Papa. He said that Papa would know what to do, so I ran home, exhausted, barely catching my breath, and I said to Papa, "Nos encontramos un pavo en la escuela. Por favor, ayúdenos. Necesitamos obtener para el almuerzo de mañana." He looked at me with a look of delight that would be of a child's getting a piece of candy. He grabbed his shovel, his coat, a scarf, and a pair of gloves then ran to my school to help my brother. Mami was in the kitchen, where she always was, reading a spanish book. I walked in. "Hola Mami. Papi went to help Andre por the turkey."

 

She looked at me, and I forgot she didn't know Ingles. She asked, "Que? Tienes hambre?"

 

I sighed. "Si, Mami. Tengo muy hambre. Tienes hambre?''

 

She didn't reply. Instead she nodded her head towards the refirdgerater. I went ahead with her clue and opened it. Inside were a bunch of Leche, yogurt, hamon, eggs, juice, and SODAS! I grabbed one with delight, and asked, "De dónde sacaste eso?"

 

She just laughed, and replied, "From tu Papi." She took a sip from hers, which I had forgotten was there, until, that is, she sipped at it.

 

"De Papi? I wonder quien gave them to him." I wondered alloud.

 

"Yo no se. No me lo dire." Mi Mami said.

 

"Oh..."

 

 

Then, about ten minutes later, mi Papa y hermano, Andre walked in our house.

 

Mi Papa looked at me with the happiest face I've ever seen on him, and said, "Yo got a trabaja today! Nosotros eatamos rich! Pero, yo have to practicar ingles more. Will you ayuda me?"

 

I squeeled, delighted by the news. I ran up and huged him, "Si, Papa. Si, or course I will."

 

Now that Papa's working full time, we're rich, and we don't have to worry so much. And that's what I'm thankful for.

© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
YES! I finally did it. I wrote the story where you don't know the character's name! Yes! okay... This is so fake...


FYI, there are some spanish stuff in here, those parts where you probably thought, "That's not English." Yeah, and there's a lot of spanglish... Just so you know.

Did ya like it? I hope so.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometime people need little and appreciate what they have. I like the story and how you described the story. Thank you for a excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


what a nice happy ending

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hehe, I enjoy spanglish :3
It's nice to see something good happen to this family that's clearly on hard times.
I love it xD

Posted 12 Years Ago


I feel so proud understanding at least half the spanish stuff in here. :D lol

Excellent write, but there were a few typos.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice story but, you had a few spelling errors and why some of your Spanish transitions incomplete a bit liche like when you went to it but, then left it. Anyways it was nice Thanksgiving Day surprise thing going on with the happiness at the end of truly remembering and having the meaning of Thanksgiving; especially we so many people skipping such an important day. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I enjoyed this short...family action packed write....good stuff :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
Really nice to see things improve for the family. A good lift when needed. Great job

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really enjoyed it. It was nice how things turned out for this down on their luck family.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It was nice to see things turning around for this family.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 18, 2011
Last Updated on November 18, 2011

Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..