Ghosts

Ghosts

A Poem by sedona._.arizona

I wish I could let go of all the ghosts I hold so tightly to my soul. 

Like remodeling a house, I wish I could tear down the walls that outline my heart. 

Those walls that grasp at the broken frames, filled with pictures of people who no longer visit. 

To tear down the already flaking paint, its color just a pale imitation of what was once bright.

It is a specific type of pain that makes you want to rid your mind of memories that still make you smile. 
It's crazy, it only takes one person to break down something that was built to withstand storms. 
I've spent my whole life trying to make my house so comfortable for others;
yet I could not make my house a home for myself. 
It still feels so strange and unfamiliar,
though I occasionally see the skeletons of comfort and peace. 
The bones of happiness, left over from all of the times that I tried to create safety and security through those that I love and have loved. 
 

© 2019 sedona._.arizona


Author's Note

sedona._.arizona
I will be slowly working on this one. Thanks for reading. -Sedona

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

' .. The bones of happiness, left over from all of the times that I tried .. '

Sad but beautiful words... Seems that it takes time to find a cosy, safe place in life. Often taking heartache and stress to reach that strange acceptance of being self, how you perceive other people for what and who they are, how you adapt self. Seems you've gone through and are still going through a transition everyone passes through. One day, one fine and happy day.. you'll be you, probably like everyone else but nonetheless imperfect - but: Self Unique!

Your writing flies into deep thought and fine words.. thank you so much for sharing.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 9, 2019
Last Updated on April 21, 2019

Author

sedona._.arizona
sedona._.arizona

AZ



About
Young writer who just wants to share with the world. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..