Heavens Floodgates

Heavens Floodgates

A Story by Donna Lorenz
"

Continuation of a small miracle

"

Heavens Floodgates

 

I wrote A SMALL MIRACLE on March 4th and posted it immediately.  But that was just the beginning of Gods blessing on the home my daughter and her husband Jim.  At that time they had one foster child and would soon get two more… they have rooms and beds for five children.

 

I received a call from my daughter Saturday morning wanting to give me an update on the happenings this past week.  They now have six children, three from one family.  They knew and loved these kids and had cared for them for two years.  The mother came to a point where Foster Care was willing to let her try caring for them one last time at the beginning of the school year.  She is now in the hospital with either a brain tumor or drug problems, maybe both. The six children are ages 11, 12,13,14,15 and 17 both boys and girls… a real mixed bag!   

 

The upstairs kitchen had been moved downstairs and the old kitchen was to be made into another bedroom.  It overlooks the old Oak trees and garden.  It would make a great bedroom but had never been refinished.  I saw the sheetrock piled up in the room when I was there for Thanksgiving. As we talked on the phone Saturday I could hear banging and noise in the background.  Foster care had sent them a $100.00 check of gratitude for taking in so quickly so many children in need.  A carpenter is working four hours at $25.00 an hour to finish the room.  But that is not nearly all…

 

Jim has allowed a neighbor to put his cattle in the orchard every spring when the grass grew tall.  Well, he came driving up their driveway with ¼ of a cow   butchered, wrapped, frozen and ready for Janice’s big freezer.  That is $1,000.00 worth of beef, everything from prime ribs to hamburger!  They know the meat is top quality because it had been fed from their very own good pasture grass!

 

Is that the end of receiving?  I think not!  Their car, although it holds 9 passengers, gets eight miles per gallon, a terrible burden at the price of gas.  Someone in their church has offered them free for the taking, a small four door car for my daughter to run around the rural setting delivering kids to school and doing family chores.

 

Friday night at bedtime I was reading The New Testiment where Christ told us not to worry where our food would come from or where we will sleep.  “Consider the Lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin.” Don't you just love it when God opens Heavens Floodgates!

 

 

© 2011 Donna Lorenz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on July 15, 2011
Last Updated on July 15, 2011

Author

Donna Lorenz
Donna Lorenz

Pumpkin Center, CA



About
I have been in CA here for years and do love it. I also have been in much of the United States and surrounding countries and to Europe twice. I Enjoy learning about people and love to travel. Poetr.. more..

Writing