Emma And Andres

Emma And Andres

A Story by Donna Lorenz
"

A Spiritual moment brings true love and happy lifetime memories

"

Emma and Andres

 

When I was a working girl I would be up at 5:15 a.m. every weekday morning, put on my clothes and walking shoes, then my friend Caroline would drive up to my house and we would walk two miles, one mile in my lovely neighborhood and one mile back home again. We had the trek measured exactly and not an inch more, two miles! We would walk and chat, filling our lungs with the cool morning air. Then we’d come back to our homes to shower and prepare for a day at work.

I am now retired from an oil company. I was Office Assistant to the Manager of four departments, Drafting, Mapping, Graphics and Reprographics. The Manager was a wonderful person who sometimes introduced me as his best friend. Nice man!

The morning of September 23, 1990 I was awakened in the middle of the night by my own voice saying “I didn’t know you two knew each other!” I was sitting bolt up-right in bed and two young people were before me, holding hands walking, talking and laughing! Then they dissolved before my eyes, disappearing as though in a vapor! What was this? I was stunned, having never seen anything like it before in my life! I Pondered it. Did they know each other? Why would I see the two of them together? I went back to sleep but the next morning it was foremost on my mind.

I knew their names. Andres I had met at church and he was a very nice young man. He came up to me after the service one day and we chatted for a while. He told me he perceive a very gentle spirit in me. He was a fine young man probably in his mid twenties. I was impressed by his love of God. He went to my church for a while and then must have gone somewhere else. I knew he would be worshiping God somewhere!

A few years went by.

Emma I knew from my workplace. She was well known for her organizational abilities and her Christian beliefs. When she took over anybody’s job while they were away it was a joy for them to return because Emma would have everything totally organized, categorized and would be wearing this glowing, happy smile on her face! She was then 23 years old and still lived with her parents.

That morning in September Caroline and I walked as usual but this time I told her about what had happened during the night. She agreed that it was a peculiar event. But that was not the end of it for me, I was just getting started!

First thing at work, my boss asked me to pick something up from Reprographics. I took the elevator to the main floor to catch another elevator to the basement. At that point in time Emma came into the building and stood waiting also, just the two of us. We both stood there waiting, to me it was like we were locked in a time capsule and I knew I had to talk to her about what I had experienced or we would be eternally locked in that moment. I asked her if she was dating anyone and she said no. I asked her if she knew a young man named Andres. She had never heard of him. Then I asked her if she would be willing to meet him if it could be arranged. She agreed.

When back at my office I told my boss what had been going on and that I just had to find Andres. Being a great person he told me to do what ever I felt necessary. I didn’t even know Andres last name, how could he be found? I hadn’t seen him in years!

That morning I called the church where I had last seen him. Someone in the church office knew where he worked part time. He was a student. It was sometime after lunch when I talked to Andres where he worked. When he called me at home that night I told him about what had happened and he said “I have been praying for the perfect mate for years and I will do whatever you say.” I gave him Emma’s telephone number. They talked all evening ……………. and they can tell you the rest!

They Married on March twenty third 1991. Almost twenty years ago, oh my! They each have built a business. Emma has had a tax preparation business for sixteen years and Andres has a restaurant in an upscale part of town called Café Crepe. They are raising their four beautiful children and are one happy family! God has blessed them richly, just as he does me!

 

DL

© 2011 Donna Lorenz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome story! You will be blessed for bringing two people together.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 15, 2011
Last Updated on July 15, 2011

Author

Donna Lorenz
Donna Lorenz

Pumpkin Center, CA



About
I have been in CA here for years and do love it. I also have been in much of the United States and surrounding countries and to Europe twice. I Enjoy learning about people and love to travel. Poetr.. more..

Writing