Losing You

Losing You

A Poem by heyyitsmee
"

This poem was inspired by the passing of my grandfather who I loved like my father. It's been difficult since I didn't get the chance to say goodbye or how much I loved him.

"
The heartache when I received that frantic phone call of you taking your last breathe only expanded stronger. You had labeled me your angel all my life, but you abruptly became mine; Growing more despondent as the news sinks in my screwball mind that you're not here. 

Clouds of sorrow and grief gather all around, as the room starts spinning with delightful moments we spent together. You took on the role that some men despair- a father. Time with you always stood still, warmth filled our syncing hearts each time we hugged, and love was always the main ingredient between our actions. This time, I feel the bleakness of winter. The warmth in my heart faded when you took your last breathe.

I died with you. Dysphoria fills my heart at the understanding that I will never the chance to tell you in person how much I loved you with all my being. Adding to the woe of not being able to caress your face, feel your passion as we hug in silence. Dig my head into your chest just to hear the beat of your heart like my number-one melody. 

I sit in utter silence in my room with the worst suffering regret at the things I wish I could have done to tell you I love you. Now, I won't ever get the chance. 

© 2020 heyyitsmee


Author's Note

heyyitsmee
Any feedback is suggested!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
A few errors in this. Tis always a good idea to read out loud to yourself or even better another who will listen with a truthful critical ear.
I'm sorry for your loss.
Good morning

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
1 Review
Added on July 15, 2020
Last Updated on July 15, 2020
Tags: death, family, sadness, heartache, regret, lost, depression, heartbreak, passing, soul

Author

heyyitsmee
heyyitsmee

TX



About
Just writing for enjoyment. Im not very good but I try! more..