Story by a Dog

Story by a Dog

A Story by Donna
"

A dog tell what happened that horrible night!

"

I will never forget that horrible night I lost my whole family. Mom & Dad tucked us in bed & kissed us goodnight. I heard Mom & Dad go to bed. Monica & I fell fast asleep.


We heard a loud noise that woke us up, then we heard it again. Monica got up and opened the bedroom door, I followed behind her, we went to our parents room and opened the door and saw the both of them laying in bed and blood all over the bed, they had been shot in the head. They were both dead.


Monica screamed as she ran out of the room and down the stairs, I ran with her. A big tall man in dark clothes and a mask on his face started down the stairs with a gun in his hand. He walk right past me like he didn't see me, and he grabbed Monica and went out the front door and slammed it closed.


She was gone, my whole family is gone, what should I do? There has to be somehow I can help Monica. The man slammed the front door shut, so I cant run after them, I am just the family dog named Ruby.

© 2018 Donna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww!!! What a sad story!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Thank you for reading.
Rebecca J Martin

5 Years Ago

you're welcome :)
One of my favorite things is to try writing from an unexpected point of view. It’s good practice to exercise our perspectives. Your story here exercises my perspectives, too. As I was reading, I was wondering if this was an all-dog family or a couple of humans with two dogs? I find it interesting the way you state the ending in such a matter-of-fact way . . . not emotional like a human might be, but logical & simply trying to fix the situation as a dog might be inclined to do! It’s fun to see how you paint the personality of this canine narrator (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


"Poor Ruby" was my final thought as I finished reading your story. I understand the title is straightforward for the audience, but perhaps if it was changed for example: "Story of a terrible night. The ending would be a bigger twist because it would reveal the character is a family dog.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I liked the title of the story and the concept.
Story is easy to understand and will catch readers eyes.
What I think could have been done better is that you could have deep in dog's emotion like for example in the the end you could have written the dog kept barking for help...with all his hope he kept barking until his ears became deaf and he lost the battle. This is just my suggestions. I hope I was helpful. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Yes, that is very helpful, I appreciate it very much! Thank you for taking the time to read my story.. read more
Oh my god. . .
I don't know what to say.
That was powerful. . .and I feel bad for the family, but. . .the poor dog. .

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read my story, I do appreciate it.
cjmazey

5 Years Ago

you're welcome :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
So wish if animals had voice to speak....I guess many of the harsh incidents on earth has some witnesses like animals....so that could help more than a lying human witness!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

You are exactly right! Thanks Tahsin!😀
¿

5 Years Ago

Do you know?!

You're already welcomed!😇

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2018
Last Updated on June 9, 2018

Author

Donna
Donna

San Jose, CA



About
Hi, I am Donna from San Jose California. I enjoy reading and writing. If you do stop by and take the time to read some of my poems/Stories, please leave a review or comment. I would appreciate it, a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..