Keep Asking Johny

Keep Asking Johny

A Poem by Sanjukta Sen Banerjee
"

"Keep walking" runs the tag line of a premiere brand of alcoholic beverage. But its far more intoxicating and pleasurable for the society where I hail from to throw questions- a to others off course

"

The world comes wrapped in a question paper

They come, they ask & then ask a new one

They hear, but not listen, shed a pearl of wisdom & they ask again or a new one( depending on they like it or not)

In case they listen, they don't mean to think or act, just let it pass and come up with a new one

Some Johny  says keep walking; the world says keep asking Johny!

 

 

Hello how do you do? How is work and everyone at home? (for the starters)

Hey what a cute kid ,whats your name baby? What would you like to grow up to be? (Welcome to  kindergarten kid )

So what are your plans for high school or  graduation & thereafter? Academics or Corporate house? Employment or self employment?

So when are you planning to marry? Isn't she getting old? Didn't he marry too early?

Hey will you be able to keeping up with the  deadline? Do you mean to tell me you wont be meeting your target this month again?

Isn't your work is taking a toll on your personal life? So when do you plan to work again?

Hey what are you two planning about children? By the way don't you think your child needs a sibling for company?

Wont a bit of trading your work for your children do good? Did she really need to quit and be at home for her kids?

Dont you think you should watch out on your weight? Isn't it too thin you have become? Weren't you fine before?

How is he staying in the marriage? How did she decide to quit?

Aren't you being too lenient with your children? Do such strict ways work these days?

Don't they decide too much for their kids? How can they leave everything to their choice?

When will you marry off your daughter? Is your kid seeing someone? Did you try the matrimonial?

Are you retiring this year? Oh how do you plan to spend your time? Consultancy,travel, online trading or the club?

Oh Good Lord isn't sixty three too early to die these days? Isn't it  too sad that a man like him has to live so long on his son's mercy?    

 

Those questions  and those people- appear, disappear and emerge afresh

Like every fresh second and every new day

Reply,explain,fret or deride or none of these OR COME UP WITH YOUR QUESTION BANK

The option you tick decides the way and the day

For like the children of celebrity distillery

Questions keep flowing and the world says  keep asking Johny!

© 2015 Sanjukta Sen Banerjee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on April 24, 2015
Last Updated on April 24, 2015

Author

Sanjukta Sen Banerjee
Sanjukta Sen Banerjee

Hyderabad, Telengana, India



About
God created words and thus had to create men to articulate.Words pronounced in voice or print,in strains or in silence bewitch me...But given that I cant sing and that am too exhausted from speech tha.. more..

Writing