Frankenstein Monologue

Frankenstein Monologue

A Stage Play by Mythar
"

A short Monologue I wrote for a school thing, we needed to write a Monologue from the point of Frankenstein's monster.

"

            (Calm) “It was a peaceful morning after a night of heavy rains. I went out to drink from a calm pool, but when I bent down, I saw my reflection staring back at me. Upon realizing that what I was seeing was myself, I discovered that my form was similar to that of your kind. My stature was but a little greater than yours, and my countenance slightly more grim; I knew that this was the reason for the response I received” (anger) “But was it reason enough to treat me as I have been, by you and your kind. You had made me as I am; it was your doing that I look like this. Yet I was the one hated for the work of your hands. Your kind shunned me, hated me! I was but little different from them, but the little difference made all the difference in your kinds eyes! To you and them I was but a loathsome beast, to be hated, feared! Many of you fled, the more dauntless among you attacked at the mere sight of me, but it was your response that hurt the most.” (Resentment) “You, the one who had the reason and responsibility to care for me, abandoned me before I had performed even the slightest of actions.” (Anger) “You fled from your own creation, your own child; just for appearing as I do” (Resentment) “I decided that you, my creator, must suffer for making me as I am” (anger) “For making me an outcast, a monster.” (Bitterness) “Even as I plead and beg for you to listen to me and my tale, you remain inexorable in your hatred of me.

© 2013 Mythar


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1921 Views
Added on April 1, 2013
Last Updated on April 1, 2013
Tags: Monologue