When the Stars disappeared

When the Stars disappeared

A Story by Symphonic_Sunflowers
"

This is kind of a Doctor Who fan fiction, to those you share my love for the wonderful BBC Series... It was a gift to my boyfriends mum, because I knew she liked to read and loved Doctor Who :3

"

All is silent in the sleepy town of Tidwell. The fields are silent, so are the streets. There’s not a sound, not even a peep. Everyone is asleep, and you can sense some kind of peace, except for one little girl who’s mind still speaks.

She sits at her window, waiting... For something �" someone.  She had a dream, you see, about a man in a blue box.

The little girl, with hair as red as the flames of a camp fire, sat on her window sill, staring out into the night sky. The girl had dreamt a dream, so wonderful and well, strange. She had met, the Vincent Van Gough, the very man himself! She had seen him paint his most famous paintings and had seen him go mad. She had learnt that he wasn’t mad at all! She had seen a wonderful strange man who was older than he seemed, help Van Gough conquer his demons and she had helped by his side. She had learnt that Van Gough saw things that no one else could see and what made his paintings, according to the people of his village, awful.

She smiled at the memory of her dream, and looked up to the stars, to see that there were none. She sighed in sadness. She’d never seen stars before, only in her dreams.

The little girl picked up her art pad and pencils, she didn’t bother to turn her lamp on, she allowed the moons light to guide her hand to draw. She closed her chocolate brown eyes and drew what she could see behind her eyes. She drew the night sky, with the moon and the clouds, as normal, but she did something she had never had the nerve to do.

She drew stars. She drew so many stars, small ones and big ones and different colours, she even drew the Man with the blue box’s blue box. She smiled in delight after opening her eyes to see what she had created. The little girl let out a large yawn and stared out the window one last time before letting her large heavy eyes close to go back to her dreams.

She woke up the next day in her bed.
“What...?” she said to herself.
“I fell asleep on the window sill... how did I...?” she said in a sleepy confusion. She got up from her single pink sheet covered bed and walked over to her window sill. She went to get her drawing, to find that it wasn’t there anymore. The little girl was very confused. She walked towards the drawing covered bed room door and down the carpeted stairs, rubbing her eyes. The little girl’s mother was sitting at their round table, with her daughters drawing in hand wearing an expression that said in capital bolded letters
IM DISAPOINTED IN YOU.
Her mother shakes her head in disappointment.
“I raised you better than this”

Stars never existed in the Little Girl’s world; they were just, never there. And in her world there was no such thing as an original thought or idea, everyone was just well �" the same, except for the Little Girl. She dreamt dreams wild and amazing, she dreamt long and far worlds and amazing people, including her imaginary friend.

There was a ring of the door bell. The Little Girl walked to the door. She opened the door to find a note on the porch. The Little Girl looked down the road for the sender, “they wouldn’t have been able to get away that quickly! They should still be walking down the drive way!” she thought to herself as she twitched her nose in confusion.

“Wibbily wobbly, timey wimey... stuff” it read.
“What...?” she said to herself, twisting her lips.
“There’s lots of weird stuff happening this morning and I’m not even dressed yet!” she thought to herself.

The Little Girl shrugged off the note found on the porch and walked back into the kitchen where her mother sat sipping her coffee, up the stairs and into the bathroom.

She washed off the strange events of the morning and got dressed in her favourite red and black dress. She went back down stairs to eat her lunch by herself as her mother had left for work during her shower.

She wrote stories, and swang on her tire swing in the back yard. She waited for her imaginary friend; despite knowing that he’d never come. She played until the sun went down, and the moon came up, with sadly no stars.

She went for a shower, ate her dinner �" fish fingers and chips and had custard for desert and went to bed. She stared at the night sky until she grew tired and fell asleep in her soft, pink bed.

She dreamt a dream where her imaginary friend �" the Doctor he called himself, had restored the stars.

All is silent in the sleepy town of Tidwell. The fields are silent, so are the streets. There’s not a sound, not even a peep, except for a whirring sound is heard. A blue police box comes in and out of vision as it lands in the little girls room. A man, wearing a tweed coat, a bow tie and a red fez stepped out of the police box. He walks over to the girl, with hair as red as the flames of a camp fire, presses his lips to her freckled forehead and says;
“You’ll achieve so much greatness, you small, small thing. You’ll do so much, see so much, more than your small mind can imagine! You’ll see great wonders, with me. Amelia Pond. Don’t you forget me, I’ll always be here, as your imaginary friend”

Amelia Pond awoke, and the man and his box were gone. She ran to her window, and what did she see?

Stars! Beautiful, bright, wonderful stars! A tear ran down Amelia’s cheek, a tear of happiness and delight.

© 2014 Symphonic_Sunflowers


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, I'm a huge fan of Dr. Who so this was a great story to me! I didn't even realize it was Amelia Pond until her mother was upset about the stars part. The ending was great, I think you revealed who the character was very dramatically and that makes the story even better! Nice write, I loved it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Symphonic_Sunflowers

9 Years Ago

Thankyou so much! I was a bit worried about this one, because i wasn't sure if people would apprecia.. read more
This made a pleasant read. Your repetition of 'She' near the end I felt jarred a little but then you name her, Amelia Pond. This has quite a dramatic affect. Well written, you will have to watch more Dr Who!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Symphonic_Sunflowers

9 Years Ago

Thankyou, Aunty! I was trying to make it dramatic :)
Great Aunt Astri

9 Years Ago

And you succeeded!
a beautiful fantasy. well written. captivating.
I used to love the series but I don't remember much of it. I guess I was too young at the time.
good piece. I enjoyed it

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Symphonic_Sunflowers

9 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm glad you found it beautiful :3 Im thinking of maybe writing some more, but I need to .. read more
Woody

9 Years Ago

my pleasure entirely :)
yes go for it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2014
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Doctor Who, Ameila, Boyfriend's mum, stars

Author

Symphonic_Sunflowers
Symphonic_Sunflowers

Townsville , Queensland , Australia



About
I am a 20 year old woman who likes to write about the journey towards death we call life! I also like to review music that inspire me and my write ups! Check out my instagram! @symphonic_sunflowers more..

Writing